TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember it was raining that morning, pretty steady & hard from what I remember reading, if I was a early camper sitting in my car, probably looking at my phone, like I always do while waiting,

Like you, I think it would help if we could know for sure what the weather was like from 4am-5am. Because of the heavy rain and storms in the area around that time, we have often written about how hard it was (likely) raining. Yet one local wrote that it was NOT raining hard at that time, that it was lightly drizzling. Pouring rain and a light drizzle are different. In addition, my Houston friends often tell me that it can be pouring rain and flooding in one part of Houston but sunny in another part. So I don't feel like I could look up the weather on Weather. com to see what it was doing and get an accurate description.

Cynic here....I think that they do know the plate# and owner of it, and as much as they chastise social media, they are hoping that information about the owner will be discussed. After all, no crime was committed in pulling in to the gun shop for 2 minutes. If they believe they know who it is they don't want to spook them. But that information given to the public was for a purpose. JMO

I believe it was given to the public for a purpose also. Let's just say I recognized the vehicle as a loved one's vehicle and thought there was possibly something hinky with them being at the gun store that night and I knew they left town suddenly. I would tell my loved one but I'm not 100% sure I would give that info to LE.(I being honest here)

In another scenario, I recognized the vehicle as a loved one's vehicle and knew they went out of town for work, school, taking care of mom or whatever and I was assured that they weren't in trouble, I would give that info to LE.

But WHERE on video is she walking into the building? Did the key she had fit all doors or one door ? JMO DUNNO

From search warrant (link found in the first post of each thread)---
MB entered main door under awning and walked in direction of the suspect's location. Neither suspect or victim were seen on video again. MB was found deceased in the SW corner of the interior building with multiple puncture wounds found on head and chest consistent with tools suspect was carrying throughout building.

I believe it was given to the public for a purpose also. Let's just say I recognized the vehicle as a loved one's vehicle and thought there was possibly something hinky with them being at the gun store that night and I knew they left town suddenly. I would tell my loved one but I'm not 100% sure I would give that info to LE.(I being honest here)

In another scenario, I recognized the vehicle as a loved one's vehicle and knew they went out of town for work, school, taking care of mom or whatever and I was assured that they weren't in trouble, I would give that info to LE.

I would insist that they call LE themselves. JMO

Like you, I think it would help if we could know for sure what the weather was like from 4am-5am. Because of the heavy rain and storms in the area around that time, we have often written about how hard it was (likely) raining. Yet one local wrote that it was NOT raining hard at that time, that it was lightly drizzling. Pouring rain and a light drizzle are different. In addition, my Houston friends often tell me that it can be pouring rain and flooding in one part of Houston but sunny in another part. So I don't feel like I could look up the weather on Weather. com to see what it was doing and get an accurate description.
http://www.friendlyforecast.com/usa...on=TX&id=287443&date=20160418000000&sort=hour

From search warrant (link found in the first post of each thread)---
MB entered main door under awning and walked in direction of the suspect's location. Neither suspect or victim were seen on video again. MB was found deceased in the SW corner of the interior building with multiple puncture wounds found on head and chest consistent with tools suspect was carrying throughout building.

OK so she entered the building through the door nearest her truck. I thought that the "main" door was the front door of the church. THANKS

They explained that. Originally, it was just one piece of camera info among many. Now, it's the only leftover piece of info, and they're just being thorough. They said: "But again, we don't believe this is the vehicle of the killer. We don't believe that there's necessarily any connection to the offenses. It's well over an hour before the killer is believed to have come onto the scene at the church, and it's arguable how visible the church may have been seen from that business on the morning when it was raining. It's simply just an unfinished lead, that we'd like to talk to that person and see if they have anything to add to the investigation."

Respectfully, I would think that since the gun store said they noticed the Altima on surveillance camera before even knowing what happened at the church that morning, they likely turned it over to LE as soon as they realized what happened at COC or spoke with LE for surveillance footage. If the cameras outside the church weren't working, it makes zero sense for LE to not spend time on this lead and it is my personal opinion that they know who's car this is. That's JMO. I think they are being thorough and have been throughout the investigation and think this was strategic to release this with the height estimate. That is JMO and would not be the first time police departments have used similar tactics during investigations. There are other things about the statement you quoted from LE that lead me to believe this even more. This was a well thought out statement that IMO, was prepared with the help of other agencies involved as well. But I totally respect and understand anyone who disagrees with my opinion on this

Also in reference to the crime scene... JMHO, they got busy securing the building, making repairs and at least having the crime scene cleaned up prior to the dog coming in, because they had a service same night as they brought dog in. Makes me wonder now, if they just brought the dog in to make sure the church was safe for people to come back into that evening. :thinking:

4/18/2016 start abt 1:25 mark Captain Spann.. this happened about 5 this morning just cleared the scene about 12 pm * 4/18 Press Conf https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8&feature=youtu.be

4/20/2016 The Texas Rangers and two federal agencies have joined Midlothian police in the investigation into fitness instructor’s death.

Assistant Chief of Police Kevin Johnson said Wednesday that the Rangers, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and an unnamed second federal agency are assisting in the investigation of Missy Bevers’ Monday morning slaying, KXAS-TV (NBC5) reported. ....The ATF, Rangers and police used a dog to search the interior and exterior of the church Wednesday for gunshot residue or other explosive powders, NBC5 reported. http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...tness-instructors-slaying-in-midlothian.html/

4/20 Evening : **posted early in afternoon first comment was at 1:21pm

Creekside Church--Come as you are...https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10153424204757343&id=179345102342
April 20 ·
All are invited to a special family time of prayer and reflection tonight at Creekside at 6:45. Doors will open at 6:30. All other classes and activities for tonight are cancelled.

... the gun shop camera inadvertently was looking at the south side of the church, so that it saw her driving in the south toward east parking lot, but did not capture her entering off of the highway.....its' just speculation. I could be all wet! JMO

Respectfully, it is not realistic to imagine that the SWFA cameras were "looking" at the church, at all!! Those cameras, by design, were looking at SWFA property, and any possible glimpse of something ~1/2 mile away is only going to be way in the background, unfocused, and it was a dark and rainy night as well.

If we are in daylight, with no rain, and trying to focus on the church, the best view is of the south side of the church, and even that is obscured by lots of trees in the way between SWFA and the church. The driveway is on the far side, and perhaps not even in the line of sight of any SWFA camera at all.

Here's a pic from SWFA to church, and this is in daylight, with no rain, and with a camera focused at the church rather than at SWFA property. You can't make out squat.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20160515_194321 - Copy.jpg
    20160515_194321 - Copy.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 471
Respectfully, it is not realistic to imagine that the SWFA cameras were "looking" at the church, at all!! Those cameras, by design, were looking at SWFA property, and any possible glimpse of something ~1/2 mile away is only going to be way in the background, unfocused, and it was a dark and rainy night as well.

If we are in daylight, with no rain, and trying to focus on the church, the best view is of the south side of the church, and even that is obscured by lots of trees in the way between SWFA and the church. The driveway is on the far side, and perhaps not even in the line of sight of any SWFA camera at all.

Here's a pic from SWFA to church, and this is in daylight, with no rain, and with a camera focused at the church rather than at SWFA property. You can't make out squat.

attachment.php

Respectfully, that's only one camera angle but from this view, point taken. We have seen other views where the whole highway is visible right into the church lot.
3c414950a80fedc8aa0e6c35306c3f75.jpg

Not the very best example, but used just to make a point. And even though both photos are taken during daylight hours and seemingly during optimal weather conditions- photos at night would require vehicles to be using their headlights- which to me, would help visibility in some respects.

I still think SP never left the scene, I think they either ran off & got outta that get up & once the commotion started inside they just came outta no where & blended in with the other campers ~OR~ they jetted back out the door they came in, got outta the get up & got in their car & came around the building, from same direction as the enter/exit drive, pulled in & again just blended in with others. Remember it was raining that morning, pretty steady & hard from what I remember reading, if I was a early camper sitting in my car, probably looking at my phone, like I always do while waiting, I would not have noticed where another car came from, I'd just maybe see headlights, glance up & see that they were coming from the direction of the drive, even though I never really saw them actually pull in the entrance, if that makes sense.
And iirc the camera that caught Missy's truck pulling in was inside the church foyer, her headlights activated the camera. If another car did pull in before Missy this camera probably did not activate because of the heavy rain & that car's headlights never pointed towards the doors the way Missy's did as she pulled around the semi-circle driveway under the awning, she would've been much closer than other car just driving through parking lot.

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

Respectfully, BBM I have not read that about the foyer headlight activating the camera. We also do not know for fact that the Suspect didn't drive around the building either. I would be interested in the link saying this as all I could find was just ones stating as I posted earlier, but not saying where the surveillance camera was that recording MB truck pulling in. TIA

I was intrigued by this when it happened, then got wrapped into another case, and lost track of this one. I've tried to catch up a bit and this is my first post on this one. I've always felt that the assailant was a female. I think she is fit. I think the "outfit" is to throw us off track to think she is heavy or out of shape. I also think the shoes are causing her to walk like that and the reason is, I think, is that the shoes are too big, again, to throw us off on the size of her feet. When I grab my S.O.'s boots/shoes, to run outside really fast, (if mine aren't handy or I'm too lazy to go get mine), I walk like that b/c they are far too large and I have to walk like that to keep them on. This person is cocky too, imo. Self-assured. Just taking a guess, she could be someone who is/was fixated on MB. Kind of like what happens to stars at times (John Hinckley to Jody Foster or Mark David Chapman to John Lennon). Either that or a female that wanted rid of her b/c of competition of some type (a male or even business-wise). I think she had a layout of the church but had maybe not been in it before, or if so, not all over the grounds. Just my two cents.

Respectfully, I would think that since the gun store said they noticed the Altima on surveillance camera before even knowing what happened at the church that morning, they likely turned it over to LE as soon as they realized what happened at COC or spoke with LE for surveillance footage. If the cameras outside the church weren't working, it makes zero sense for LE to not spend time on this lead and it is my personal opinion that they know who's car this is. That's JMO. I think they are being thorough and have been throughout the investigation and think this was strategic to release this with the height estimate. That is JMO and would not be the first time police departments have used similar tactics during investigations. There are other things about the statement you quoted from LE that lead me to believe this even more. This was a well thought out statement that IMO, was prepared with the help of other agencies involved as well. But I totally respect and understand anyone who disagrees with my opinion on this
I think you make great points. The SWFA and LE have had this image of the Altima for a month! I do think they know whose car it is, and I don't think it is the only image of the Altima from SWFA, but one of many. In the image released, it looks like not only taillights, but IMO that the driver has their foot on the brake with the much brighter rear brake lights glaring so bright that some posters in the last thread at first thought they were viewing headlights. With the driver not having their foot on the brakes, I wonder if the SWFA cameras provided other images where LE could see right into the interior enough to make out how many people inside, more details about the driver like head height in the seat, etc., just like the man counting money zoom in. I do not at all think LE is lying or dumb, but I do think they may be coy and playing poker. LE does not think the public is in danger, or at least did not issue a public safety announcement at the 5/20/16 presser, which JMO means MB was targetted and LE is on to the suspect(s).

I don't think that you are a snark! LOL. I may have totally misread or misunderstood the whole "key to the church" thing. But there was all kinds of talk about her walking around to the front door and then walking (unsuccessfully) to the awning door to open it to unload her car. MY point about the ENTRANCE off the highway to the church, is that THAT may not have been captured at all because the gun shop camera inadvertently was looking at the south side of the church, so that it saw her driving in the south toward east parking lot, but did not capture her entering off of the highway.....its' just speculation. I could be all wet! JMO

But the East parking lot is the rear of the church. If the SWFA Camera was pointed in that direction (which we know they have from watching the other videos from their website, It may only be taillights turning in that is seen, but JMHO, they would be able to see turning in drive and then headlights coming in front and around the covered awning. JMHO tha prob all they could see as dark as it was and far away.. thinking about it. In that Today Show video, you can see vehicles going up and down the highway in the background of the live shot. cant tell what kind of vehicle. But on the SWFA they may have better quality (I sure)

The outside cameras of the Creekside Church will remain somewhat of a mystery to me. Were they intentionally tampered with, did the rainy evening into morning affect their functioning- I wish I knew because this could offer another layer of planning on the part of the SP. This person was hiding behind their costume, yet acted very boldly in other ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also in reference to the crime scene... JMHO, they got busy securing the building, making repairs and at least having the crime scene cleaned up prior to the dog coming in, because they had a service same night as they brought dog in. Makes me wonder now, if they just brought the dog in to make sure the church was safe for people to come back into that evening.

[KXAS-TV (NBC5) reported. ....The ATF, Rangers and police used a dog to search the interior and exterior of the church Wednesday for gunshot residue or other explosive powders,]

I think the dog tells us something informative. IMO it shows LE not seeing one thing, and looking for an outside-the-box answer.

What I believe it shows us

I think the later dog search is a great indicator of LE's thinking in regards to trying to figure out why the perp had come there. The perp was clearly there for some intended reason (shown by the costume, and the fact it was done on an inconvenient night with the rain). One obvious possible explanation for the perp's presence was to specifically do harm to MB. But if not that, then why would they have been there?

So the other obvious thing to consider is they entered to take stuff. But imo this tells us that they really couldn't find any evidence of a theft gone wrong. Nothing was taken, but things of value could have been. So, they wondered if the perp came to leave something rather than take something, since the perp was there for quite some time and took nothing.

And what would someone leave? A bomb.

The next group gathering, when a bomb could have been set to inflict much damage, was Wed eve. So they brought in the dog just to make sure that there was no bomb left on the premises.

And since they didn't find a bomb either, then why did the perp come there? One more indicator, if we needed one, that it was specifically to do harm to MB.

"the first participant in Camp Gladiator arrived at the location at 4:35.".....By this wording, maybe it is an indication that this time is not from a camera time-stamp, but rather from the recollection of the camper. Or from multiple sources, as it's possible their entrance was determined and confirmed by both their own words as well as from a cam sighting.

In contrast, we can only ascertain the time of the arrival/departure of perp, and Missy, by camera time stamps (where they exist), since we can't ask them.

:lookingitup: Ok, your holding out.... cough up some links...for arrival and departure of the Perp... only thing I seen is that Perp/Suspect first seen on camera at 3:50am and they didn't know how long had been in building prior and leaving...Spann: we believe he left shortly after the assault ... don't have any indication went into any other rooms after the assault. still piecing together the video
... :waiting:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member