TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those phone numbers on the warrants are troublesome and LE picked them for a reason.

Now why were those numbers picked? Now I understand why some were. But there are about 4 on there that I don't see why LE needed to check their calls and pings and data. Jmo.

I have a speculation for each one on them. Its JMHO

Do you have a theory as to why RB took a shirt that the killer wore and had Missy blood on it to the cleaners? Why would the killer give him the shirt in the first place?

Just an out-there kind of thought. And jmo.

I think the killer is someone known and fairly close to the family, maybe even within the extended family (which means Missy knew them, too), someone who perhaps thought s\he was doing Missy's immediate family a favor. Angry at Missy for a reason concocted in her own head. And I feel BB has suspicions on who this person is.

BB finds\is given\somehow discovers a shirt that had been bloodied, thinks he knows who the shirt belongs to, and gets it to the cleaners along with shirts that were truly from the dog fight (via RB). Because he needs the shirt tested in order to have suspicions confirmed or denied in a seemingly innocent way, without he himself pointing fingers.

I think he may have a good idea who Missy's killer is, but he doesn't want it to be that person (because they are related? Involved another way?), and needs the accusation to come from someone else, preferably LE.

Again, jmo.

That will never happen since they publicized the Stringray!! :doh::doh:

Unless there is more to the Stingray's collection than we understand. Maybe if the perp ditched the phone and got a new one, the new one would still have links to account information to match what the cell tower provided from the night in question. Like for Android, the phone would be linked to a gmail account. For iPhone, it would be linked to an ITunes account. JMHO but maybe they hope the perp has underestimated what the Stingray can do.

At the May 20 press conference, Johnson said Randy and the rest of Missy's family, friends and coworkers were no longer actively considered suspects in the case. They had all provided detailed and verified alibis for the time of the murder, Johnson said.

http://www.waxahachietx.com/news/20...lice-continue-investigation-into-bevers-death

No one has ever been considered a suspect in this case......so it is a misstatement to say that anyone is NO LONGER considered to be one. JMO

Dushi, can you tell us what point(s) you're wanting to make with the above quotes? I'm not sure if you're responding to specific posts? I know you've bolded a few lines, but it isn't clear to me what you want us to gather from it. Thanks.

No, I am responding to nothing.
I find it interesting that LE makes a strong statement about a driver not being a suspect, yet they claim they do not know who it is.
And all over the country? How are people all over the country able to supply tips? Are they people like us on WS that have opinions but no facts?

The alibis have been verified, so it matters not how much SP looks like someone mentioned here, i feel it is safe to say it is NOT them.
I am not suggesting that one or more of the mentioned are not involved in some way, I don't know that.

Sorry not to be clear

I don't believe that LE would confirm/corroborate a persons alibi, give MSM that information, and then start the "real" investigation about the alibi. It doesn't make any sense to me. JMO

I believe it is fairly common to give updates when POIs have given alibis. They aren't waiting to start investigating, but working through all possible scenarios and then validating those ideas, which takes a good bit of time. Potentially months. For example, if someone says I wasn't home, I traveled home via car and got home at x time, one small piece of that validation (proving the time of travel) could take weeks and weeks. You are talking about mapping all obvious travel routes. Probably going to all major stops along that route (gas stations, food stops) and seeing if anyone has cameras that can put the person there at a time that makes sense. If you can put the person at a gas station on camera, hours away from the scene when it happened, you can now safely eliminate them as SP and make your list of suspects smaller. If through out the process you can't come up with anything concrete and you can still come up with a scenario that would allow the poi to be at the scene, you likely leave them as a poi as you continue your investigation. I would have to assume they are doing same process for all poi's and their given alibis. Definitely very man-hour intensive work!

OT, a show on ID last night showed a 24-hour turn around on comparing hair from a crime scene to a suspect by FBI when asked to rush it. And it was in the 90's. And in the Chelsea King case in CA some years back, DNA on an item found during the search for Chelsea was examined and identified as a known sex offender over a weekend. Imo, "rush" jobs can be accomplished when necessary. The bloody shirt must not be considered to be vital, jmo.

No, I am responding to nothing.
I find it interesting that LE makes a strong statement about a driver not being a suspect, yet they claim they do not know who it is.
And all over the country? How are people all over the country able to supply tips? Are they people like us on WS that have opinions but no facts?

The alibis have been verified, so it matters not how much SP looks like someone mentioned here, i feel it is safe to say it is NOT them.
I am not suggesting that one or more of the mentioned are not involved in some way, I don't know that.

Sorry not to be clear

Regarding the statement that the driver is not a suspect... LE has to state that to cover their own butts against liability. Since the Atlanta Olympic bombing some years back, when LE publicly fingered the wrong guy and he sued, they are very careful. Hence the "So and so is not a suspect" statements. It doesn't mean that they DON'T suspect the driver of the Altima, IMHO.

As for tips coming in from all over...sure, tips come in from all over the country. I called one in myself, and I live nowhere near Midlothian. I found an interesting FB post from back in March that belonged to one of the SW names. Probably was nothing, but I made LE aware of it. I probably was not the first or the last to call in that tip. But after I left a message, an officer did call me back a couple of days later and took my information.

Just an out-there kind of thought. And jmo.

I think the killer is someone known and fairly close to the family, maybe even within the extended family (which means Missy knew them, too), someone who perhaps thought s\he was doing Missy's immediate family a favor. Angry at Missy for a reason concocted in her own head. And I feel BB has suspicions on who this person is.

BB finds\is given\somehow discovers a shirt that had been bloodied, thinks he knows who the shirt belongs to, and takes it to the cleaners along with shirts that were truly from the dog fight. Because he needs the shirt tested in order to have suspicions confirmed or denied in a seemingly innocent way, without he himself pointing fingers.

I think he may have a good idea who Missy's killer is, but he doesn't want it to be that person (because they are related? Involved another way?), and needs the accusation to come from someone else, preferably LE.

Again, jmo.

RB not BB took the shirts to the cleaners. JMO

Adding two more, maybe someone can enhance with the right software, side view during mid swing, last few sec. of video
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• round tool.PNG
    round tool.PNG
    6 KB · Views: 621
  • second.PNG
    second.PNG
    32.7 KB · Views: 400
Originally Posted by Batbrat View Post
No alibis have been confirmed. LE has stated in their latest press release that some family members alibis were "corroborated by independent sources". Confirmed and corroborated mean different things. Just fwiw.

Confirm and corroborate mean the same to me in this context.

"corroborate vb (tr) to confirm or support (facts, opinions, etc), esp by providing fresh evidence: the witness corroborated the accused's statement."

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/corroborate
Just jumping off your post
JMHO This is what I believe is meant by the Independent Source
An independent source is a source that has no vested interest in a written topic and therefore it is commonly expected to describe the topic from a disinterested perspective. An interest in a topic is vested where the source holds a financial or legal relationship with the topic, for example. An interest in a topic may be either positive or negative. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Independent_sources

But here is a Legal Definition:

Independent source rule is a legal principle stating that evidence obtained illegally should not be suppressed, if that evidence is later acquired from a constitutionally valid search or seizure. Independent source rule is an exception to the fruit of the poisonous doctrine. The fruit of the poisonous doctrine is a specific application of the exclusionary rule, when evidence is obtained as the result of illegal police conduct. The fruit of the tree doctrine also states that not only should that evidence be suppressed, but all evidence that is the "fruit" of that unlawful conduct should also be suppressed. [State v. McKinney, 361 N.C. 53 (N.C. 2006)] http://definitions.uslegal.com/i/independent-source-rule/

RB not BB took the shirts to the cleaners. JMO

Thank you. In my mind, BB is working in tandem with RB, but I edited my post to clarify, since few of us here are mindreaders. :)

Good Afternoon!

Please read Tricia's message above. Some rules have changed for Missy's thread. Please make sure you thank her post.

Please Remember BB's employment is off limits.

No Minor Children.

Please don't sleuth inmates or refer to the inmates link unless there has been an arrest in this case.

FB and Twitter accounts that are unauthorized aren't allowed and are against TOS.

If you have any questions please pm a mod and we'll be glad to help. Please don't post your question in the thread, as it may get missed.

Remember to Scroll and roll or use your ignore feature if need be.

Please thank this post.

:tyou:

FB and Twitter accounts that are unauthorized aren't allowed and are against TOS.

But, the type of blood on the shirt wouldn't be the only thing to test. Other DNA from hairs etc might be on there. And as I said in a separate post, the DNA lab is likely testing EVERYTHING connected to the MB case, in a batch.

But wasn't there two shirts? If so, why take only one, and why would LE not want the 2nd one? I thought I understood him to say that he got blood on him from taking the dog to the vet, but wasn't it a female's shirt that they took to the cleaner's? Or am I very confused?

I don't believe that LE would confirm/corroborate a persons alibi, give MSM that information, and then start the "real" investigation about the alibi. It doesn't make any sense to me. JMO

Well that's where the difference in "corroborate" and "confirm" are. LE has said that both family member's alibis were corroborated by independent sources. They didn't give details, but I'm guessing that witnesses told LE that yep, they were where they said they were. In other words, alibis corroborated. There is still other evidence to go through such as cell phone data, surveillance footage, receipts, tickets, on and on. Despite what some WSers think about how simple it all is, that all takes time. Once LE is able to establish solid circumstantial evidence that puts people where they claim they were (and where people said they saw them) during the critical times in question, then LE confirms the alibis.

Well that's where the difference in "corroborate" and "confirm" are. LE has said that both family member's alibis were corroborated by independent sources. They didn't give details, but I'm guessing that witnesses told LE that yep, they were where they said they were. In other words, alibis corroborated. There is still other evidence to go through such as cell phone data, surveillance footage, receipts, tickets, on and on. Despite what some WSers think about how simple it all is, that all takes time. Once LE is able to establish solid circumstantial evidence that puts people where they claim they were (and where people said they saw them) during the critical times in question, then LE confirms the alibis.

So where does "verified" fit in?

But wasn't there two shirts? If so, why take only one, and why would LE not want the 2nd one? I thought I understood him to say that he got blood on him from taking the dog to the vet, but wasn't it a female's shirt that they took to the cleaner's? Or am I very confused?

Originally 4 shirts. 3 mens 1 womens xxl. RB reportedly said that 2 of the shirts had blood, but the only shirt that LE seized was the womens white xxl shirt with blood on it. Presumably that shirt belonged to VB who held the dying dog on the way to the vet. RB said he didn't understand why only one of two bloodstained shirts were taken. On page 1 of this thread is a link to the search warrant for the dry cleaners. JMO

That's a good point that Missy could've caused some damage to the perp, got some DNA under her fingernails, etc. I hope so!!

However, I think the broken glass that first-responders saw was the glass the perp broke BEFORE Missy arrived
. First responders had no idea that the perp broke glass while wandering the building, and made the reasonable assumption that a struggle broke the glass. However, I don't think the struggle broke the glass, but that Missy was ambushed quickly.

jmOPINION

Respectfully BBM. We do not know where MB was located. There are some glass top tables in that main hallway and there is also other areas where glass could have gotten broken in a struggle in that SW area of the building (again I thinking SW, NW, SE, NE as corners not literally a SW Corner JMHO

All we do know is that per Chief Smith in that first news press conf April 18, that there was glass on the floor where MB was located.
Here statement he read : http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12523272#post12523272

And transcript so graciously transcribed for us by Galadriel http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12592838#post12592838

This morning,at approximately 5:00 A.M., Midlothian officers and EMS were dispatched to an unresponsive person ––to the Creekside Church in the 5400 block of East Highway 287. Midlothian officers arrived at the location just after fire department [sic] and medics arrived on the scene, and the medics were attending an unresponsive female as officers entered the church. The officers observed a lot of glass, broken glass, on the floor, and the female ––as well as the female. **They started to search the building [to] make sure there were no other individuals in the facility. During the search the officers found evidence of forced entry into the building, indicating a possible burglary. The entire building was searched and nobody was found

jmho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member