TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a bit of statement analysis from this article: http://www.midlothianmirror.com/news/20160530/fake-facebook-page-closed-as-police-continue-investigation-into-bevers-death...

The only police comment specifically cited in the article regards testing the blood on a shirt left at the dry cleaners. (Sure, there is the comment about an additional 50 +/- leads and investigating those, but no real comment about those.) Does anyone else find it interesting what the specific comments address? My thoughts are it may be well into June (after testing is completed) before we, the public, learn of any developments in the case.

I have not seen a transcript/video of the actual police statements, and I do understand how news reporting can be inaccurate. So, please forgive me if the actual statements differ from what is reported in the above-cited article.

I understand alibis have been confirmed, and that may mean that only those individuals may not have been the one committing the crime. It does not mean that those individuals may not be involved in seeing the crime was committed. No one has been named a suspect. No one is cleared. There may still be POIs.

All of this is JMO.

From Tricia's post. Page 1 Post 1.

*Please no personal chatter back and forth.

I know I haven't been able to get any super clear shots, but IMO, the killer took such great pains to conceal his/her identity and apparently did not leave much evidence behind...and the only way to identify this creep is thru the eyes in that video. That's why I'm going to keep trying with those screen captures.

Oh yea, as I wrote, your efforts are much appreciated and respected. Frankly, I just worry that some folks will use whatever is posted as a basis to justify accusations against the person they've always thought was guilty. At least that is what has happened frequently here, and in other fora, which is not a statement against the website or mods, but more a statement about what some call 'human nature'.

I remember early on many people were on the CT train thinking she was SP. I actually never saw any reason why people thought this. Did I miss something?

Oh yea, as I wrote, your efforts are much appreciated and respected. Frankly, I just worry that some folks will use whatever is posted as a basis to justify accusations against the person they've always thought was guilty. At least that is what has happened frequently here, and in other fora, which is not a statement against the website or mods, but more a statement about what some call 'human nature'.

Or maybe people will use what is posted as a fresh new perspective to identify things to give to the police that we didn't notice before.

I remember early on many people were on the CT train thinking she was SP. I actually never saw any reason why people thought this. Did I miss something?

Not allowed to discuss CT any further due to comments made at LE presser. IIRC- just saying....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, and Sparky about the picture asked about by ATH?? Pretty, please with a cherry on top????? ❤️❤️[emoji8]

Because she was listed in one of the search warrants for phone record requests to AT&T.

I am new here to WS, I have read through a lot of the various posts. My suspects have varied from time to time. But certain aspects of the case in my opinion just don’t add up to what I have read in various sources via the Internet etc.

I am looking at The Theory that MB was targeted by a Serial Killer.

[FONT=&quot]Simkin and Roychowdhury note that previous research has suggested a link between epilepsy and criminality (and psychosis), so the possibility that similar processes in the brain may lead to both epileptic seizures and serial murders is not unreasonable. [/FONT][FONT=&quot](Underline and bold by me)[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://phys.org/news/2012-01-serial-pattern-based-brain.html[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[h=1]Information on [FONT=&quot]Conversion disorder[/FONT][/h] [FONT=&quot]“The physical symptoms are thought to be an attempt to resolve the conflict the person feels inside. For example, a woman who believes it is not acceptable to have violent feelings may suddenly feel numbness in her arms after becoming so angry that she wanted to hit someone. Instead of allowing herself to have violent thoughts about hitting someone, she experiences the physical symptom of numbness in her arms.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000954.htm

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SP has very unusual walk.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SP appears to swing a hammer that is not typical of a male.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mississippi Killer may be dressed like the Police[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
“It is not unusual for certain types of killers, particularly organized killers, to have an interest in, and even study, law enforcement practices,” Scott A. Bonn, professor of sociology at Drew University, told The Huffington Post.
As an example, Bonn pointed to Dennis Radar, the “BTK (Bind, Torture, Kill) Killer,” who murdered at least 10 people in and around Wichita, Kan., between 1974 and 1991.
“Rader holds a degree in criminal justice and wanted to be a police officer,” Bonn said. “Knowledge of policing techniques makes them more elusive and effective killers, and posing as an officer disarms and lowers the guard of unsuspecting victims.”
Posing as an officer, he added, can also “fulfill a fantasy need of the killer and give him a sense of power, control and authority.”
[FONT=&quot]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/17/mississippi-highway-killer_n_1525226.html[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]MB allegedly receives odd LI message (Not yet confirmed).[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]It was alleged that MB starting acting odd or not herself up to the murder .(News article I can not find, somewhere in thread)?[/FONT]
· SP dressed like a LE officer (Swat type gear).
· SP has an odd walk.
· SP swings hammer not normal to a male.
· SP in my opinion looks relaxed. (in my opinion like he’s done this before).
· The Exterior cams not working day of murder (No word on when they went down or how).
· LE made comment they believe MB was a target.
· LE made comment they believe SP may have taken pics or video.
· Federal agencies were brought in to help (in my opinion bringing in Federal agencies for a small town homicide is at least unusual).
· VERY little information is being disclosed to public (According to Wikipedia, a lot of Serial Killers love the media, LE may not want to feed SP ego).
· A group of Black SUV’s were seen at a location (Not confirmed, but interesting).
· LE releases info on a Nissan Altima that was in Sporting Goods parking lot in the early morning but say they do not have any details. (Odd considering Sporting goods store has quality cameras).

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]John Douglas, a former chief of the FBI's Elite Serial Crime Unit and author of "Mind Hunter," says, "A very conservative estimate is that there are between 35 and 50 active serial killers in the United States" at any given time.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
https://www.creators.com/read/diane-dimond/01/12/serial-killers-how-many-are-there

With the information that HAS been provided to the public and information that HAS NOT been provided to public, in my opinion this case points to a Serial Killer.

Oh, and Sparky about the picture asked about by ATH?? Pretty, please with a cherry on top????? ❤️❤️[emoji8]

What picture? What are you talking about????

Back to the church: Since you mentioned it: One SP based on the videos seems unlikely, I think that 2 people are involved b/c the shoes in the videos don’t match. I think one SP went into the building in one door while the other another door and somebody tampered with the cameras while the other did the killing. JMO

Different shoe pic please? I don't remember seeing a side by side comparison of boots not matching in certain frames.

Is there a picture. Thanks.

Because she was listed in one of the search warrants for phone record requests to AT&T.
But this individual is neither friend nor family so I thought was still fair game to discuss. Seems like people zeroed in on this individual way harder than anyone else.

Here's the latest video of RB & BB speaking about the shirts search warrants - they're explaining things... April 27th NBC. long & interesting, as are the comments below from 28 and 29 May.

Please watch Pamela Meyer's video from Ted Talks on Youtube if you're interested in body language - she's the world expert ;-)

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Mi...-to-Dry-Cleaner-Search-Warrant-377343901.html

BBM

I don't give "body language" much weight in deciding if someone is being truthful or not. Way less than polygraphs which I don't trust very much. At least there's some science behind polygraphs.

JMO

I am new here to WS, I have read through a lot of the various posts. My suspects have varied from time to time. But certain aspects of the case in my opinion just don’t add up to what I have read in various sources via the Internet etc.

I am looking at The Theory that MB was targeted by a Serial Killer.
Simkin and Roychowdhury note that previous research has suggested a link between epilepsy and criminality (and psychosis), so the possibility that similar processes in the brain may lead to both epileptic seizures and serial murders is not unreasonable. (Underline and bold by me)

http://phys.org/news/2012-01-serial-pattern-based-brain.html

Information on Conversion disorder

“The physical symptoms are thought to be an attempt to resolve the conflict the person feels inside. For example, a woman who believes it is not acceptable to have violent feelings may suddenly feel numbness in her arms after becoming so angry that she wanted to hit someone. Instead of allowing herself to have violent thoughts about hitting someone, she experiences the physical symptom of numbness in her arms.”

https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000954.htm

SP has very unusual walk.
SP appears to swing a hammer that is not typical of a male.

Mississippi Killer may be dressed like the Police​

“It is not unusual for certain types of killers, particularly organized killers, to have an interest in, and even study, law enforcement practices,” Scott A. Bonn, professor of sociology at Drew University, told The Huffington Post.
As an example, Bonn pointed to Dennis Radar, the “BTK (Bind, Torture, Kill) Killer,” who murdered at least 10 people in and around Wichita, Kan., between 1974 and 1991.
“Rader holds a degree in criminal justice and wanted to be a police officer,” Bonn said. “Knowledge of policing techniques makes them more elusive and effective killers, and posing as an officer disarms and lowers the guard of unsuspecting victims.”
Posing as an officer, he added, can also “fulfill a fantasy need of the killer and give him a sense of power, control and authority.”
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/17/mississippi-highway-killer_n_1525226.html

· MB allegedly receives odd LI message (Not yet confirmed).
· It was alleged that MB starting acting odd or not herself up to the murder .(News article I can not find, somewhere in thread)?
· SP dressed like a LE officer (Swat type gear).
· SP has an odd walk.
· SP swings hammer not normal to a male.
· SP in my opinion looks relaxed. (in my opinion like he’s done this before).
· The Exterior cams not working day of murder (No word on when they went down or how).
· LE made comment they believe MB was a target.
· LE made comment they believe SP may have taken pics or video.
· Federal agencies were brought in to help (in my opinion bringing in Federal agencies for a small town homicide is at least unusual).
· VERY little information is being disclosed to public (According to Wikipedia, a lot of Serial Killers love the media, LE may not want to feed SP ego).
· A group of Black SUV’s were seen at a location (Not confirmed, but interesting).
· LE releases info on a Nissan Altima that was in Sporting Goods parking lot in the early morning but say they do not have any details. (Odd considering Sporting goods store has quality cameras).

John Douglas, a former chief of the FBI's Elite Serial Crime Unit and author of "Mind Hunter," says, "A very conservative estimate is that there are between 35 and 50 active serial killers in the United States" at any given time.

https://www.creators.com/read/diane-dimond/01/12/serial-killers-how-many-are-there

With the information that HAS been provided to the public and information that HAS NOT been provided to public, in my opinion this case points to a Serial Killer.
Good post. Good summation of case. Your argument for your theory is as good as any as I have seen. Definitely wouldn't rule it out.

Back to the church: Since you mentioned it: One SP based on the videos seems unlikely, I think that 2 people are involved b/c the shoes in the videos don’t match. I think one SP went into the building in one door while the other another door and somebody tampered with the cameras while the other did the killing. JMO

That is an interesting thought. I don't know anything about security cameras, so if someone with knowledge could chime in that would be great! Is is possible for 1 perp to activate the motion sensors as a type of distraction while the other commits the crime? I hope I'm explaining my thought correctly. In other words, would the camera pick up motion for one area while ignoring another?

Not allowed to discuss CT any further due to comments made at LE presser. IIRC- just saying....

I wasn't aware we were no longer allowed to post about CT. ??

Excerpts from the last press conference per transcript by Websleuths member Galadriel:

excerpt:

"Despite various theories circulating through social media, none of the people named in our affidavits are now suspects."

I think the key word in that statement is "now."

and another excerpt:

"Until Missy's killer is caught, I will stop short of saying that any person is absolutely excluded, but to be clear none of Missy's family are at the focus of this investigation."

JMHO but I don't think the target interests named in the warrant (that are not family) have been "absolutely excluded."

Here's the latest video of RB & BB speaking about the shirts search warrants - they're explaining things... April 27th NBC. long & interesting, as are the comments below from 28 and 29 May.

Please watch Pamela Meyer's video from Ted Talks on Youtube if you're interested in body language - she's the world expert ;-)

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Mi...-to-Dry-Cleaner-Search-Warrant-377343901.html

RB sure does say "mmkay, mmkay" a lot. I'm sure he's a little nervous, but that stands out to me.

I dont think I recall seeing this many and I wonder if LE put them up to it, a way of taunting the killer hoping for a repsonse

I agree with you. Generally, women are more emotional then men. Perhaps they suspected it was a women from early on and tried to appeal to her emotions? IDK just a thought.

Did y'all read Tricia's post #1 page 1? May I suggest you go back and read all of it. She has given some leeway since the thread was closed down the other day.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members