TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are on thread #26 and although I stopped following this for a little while since I wasn't comfortable with a lot of the finger pointing going on, I have tried to catch up on the latest.

I'm still leaning very heavily toward my first impression, which was that Missy *was not targeted* and she really did walk in on a burglary. For whatever reason (mental instability, fear and adrenaline rush, believing he/she wouldn't be able be out of the area before 911 responded, et. etc. and who knows why else) the person who broke into the church panicked and killed her rather than just running away.

Yep, I agree. I have seen nothing that changes my mind that this was a burglary gone wrong. The police investigation I think is seriously on the wrong path, and all the theories that she was targeted, seem way too far-fetched to be a likely outcome for this case. The targeted theory is just going in circles. This case is cold as ice.

I've gone back & read this article again. The first deputy was arrested on April 15th, 3 days before Missy's death. This article was posted on Wednesday, May 4th & says that the second deputy was arrested on Tuesday. I am assuming the arrest date for him was Tuesday, May 3. This is purely speculation, but could the first arrest have been the result of a tip that Missy submitted? I'm just thinking out loud again.

This may have been asked already as I am way, way behind, but anyone know if either of these deputies have a distinct gait?

Yep, I agree. I have seen nothing that changes my mind that this was a burglary gone wrong. The police investigation I think is seriously on the wrong path, and all the theories that she was targeted, seem way too far-fetched to be a likely outcome for this case. The targeted theory is just going in circles. This case is cold as ice.

Why on earth would a burglar kill someone? They clearly cared enough about being caught to wear foot covers over the shoes, shape hiding and bulky vest with an over the head balaclava and helmet. They had tools to knock someone out, nobody would recognize them with all the gear. Absolutely no reason to kill. If robbery, perp could have just run away or knocked Missy out and run away. Not buying it. Only reason to kill would be if recognized, and brutal murder is a huge leap from robbery.

And LE said they have a very unclear pic of a vehicle in the back of CC parking lot. If you are stealing stuff, you are not going to park that far away nor are you going to take your sweet time casually walking around with no apparent rush.

I agree, don't think SP would have left any murder weapon behind, including a gun. We know tools were left behnd; we know LE is concerned about a firearm's serial number being found out. We can't know from the wording in that MPD letter that any gun was found at the crime scene, though. If Missy had a gun, it likely would've been in her truck (along with purse, iPad, and other effects) and unconnected to the murder scene. JMO, maybe, but I really can't envision her tucking a gun into her workout clothes just prior to hauling workout equipment into a church. I also don't see Swatperp lying in wait to ambush her with tools, and then being so lucky as to discover she had a gun tucked into her leotard that he could use instead. I believe this was a well-planned hit, and SP came completely geared up to do it. And that included him arriving with a gun that could not be traced to his own registered ownership.

We haven't been told that any gun was recovered at the crime scene. IMHO, SP would not have left the murder weapon behind. But if Missy were ambushed and shot, there's a chance a bullet or two might have been left behind--whether in her body and discovered at autopsy, or at the crime scene. A recovered bullet that was already linked to a firearm serial number on record with LE would be one way that LE could have a crime-connected firearm serial number without actually having the murder weapon. (Eg. the stolen ECSO evidence guns.)

Remember, LE aren't commenting on how Missy died, what the murder weapon was, or even if they have the murder weapon--nor are they confirming that one of the tools was the murder weapon. This in itself is telling, because they do have the tools left at the crime scene as well as a completed autopsy report. IF the autopsy stated that Missy was killed by a hammer, and LE now have the hammer left at the crime scene, and the public has seen that hammer in multiple publicized video views, then what's the big secret?

The big secret must logically be something more complicated (IMHO).

JMO but if the weapon used to murder MB has not been revealed, the autopsy report not released and now we find that there is a gun involved, it's beginning to look like the head trauma may possibly include a bullet wound. All we really have are statements that the puncture wounds could have been made by tools left at the scene and also as seen on the video of the suspect.

Yep, it is getting out already .... I saw that someone already posted on a Missy Bevers discussion forum about WS having gained access to this.

I'm not local but I believe we share the upmost desire to find out who did this to MB. This is not a rumor site, which makes it very different. I'm not going to feel guilty for doing what I love to do. I highly doubt any unearthed info. will "shake up" this case and lessen the chance of SP getting jailed for what they did to MB.
ETA: it may actually help in getting justice for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why on earth would a burglar kill someone? They clearly cared enough about being caught to wear foot covers over the shoes, shape hiding and bulky vest with an over the head balaclava and helmet. They had tools to knock someone out, nobody would recognize them with all the gear. Absolutely no reason to kill. If robbery, perp could have just run away or knocked Missy out and run away. Not buying it. Only reason to kill would be if recognized, and brutal murder is a huge leap from robbery.

And LE said they have a very unclear pic of a vehicle in the back of CC parking lot. If you are stealing stuff, you are not going to park that far away nor are you going to take your sweet time casually walking around with no apparent rush.

BBM: I agree. Who on earth would park far away in the back of the parking lot in pouring rain to rob a place? I just can't see walking through the rain in the swat get up carrying your bounty across a parking lot to the very back. Doesn't make sense.

My momma always said "Nothing good happens after midnight".

Along your line of thinking...MB was at the church in the wee hours of the morning~~Could it be that a weapons deal went down earlier maybe days or weeks prior to her murder and the individuals involved thought she might have seen it happen from the church? Could that be why LE is searching for that car? Could the car have been involved with a weapons deal at the SWFA store?

Sorry, I just realized the timing would have been off.....

Bumping off my post here at bit~~~If I understand correctly where MB lived vs the church, then she would have to have passed SWFA store on her way to the church correct? Perhaps~~could it be possible that SP was involved in an illegal firearms purchase on a prior day at SWFA? The criminals see MB pull into church. SP is someone who uses drugs and gets paranoid and delusional thinking MB is LE and decides to silence her? Why I'm thinking that this could be a possibility is because the people arrested for selling those weapons that should have been destroyed were LE. In this case, SP would have to know they were dealing with LE already, correct? That may have given SP the feeling they were setting him/her up, no? IE: LE undercover Just a thought.

I agree with you....this "burglar" went to a lot of effort; donned an elaborate disguise, broke a lot of glass for no apparent reason, utilized various instruments.....to steal what? Go through all of that in the pouring rain at 4am but not know if there was anything worth stealing inside? For all of this "burglar's" efforts he got a big goose egg & trumped it up to a possible DP case--->he must be some kind of special!

To compound his bungled, unsuccessful "burglary" **while disguised**, he escalates his actions into murder instead of fleeing? Really?

Nope. Not buying it.

Imo, MB was targeted.

Legal disclaimer: The following is just my opinion and for entertainment purposes:
I've been involved with LE for over 17 years with the last 9 specifically in burglary and violent crimes. I've seen hundreds of videos where a perp has broken into a building (commercial, school, church, etc) with some type of disguise. They've worn everything from ninja outfits, tactical gear to mascot uniforms. I seen the exact type of nonchalant, slow and easy walk that the SP in the video is showing. In my opinion the SP broke into the church expecting to get something of value. Most church break-ins occur on Sunday and Wednesday nights. During the process of burglarizing this church an interaction occurred between the SP and MB which led to MB's death.
This isn't a staged burglary to cover up a pre-meditated murder. I know a lot of people are stuck on the fact that the SP didn't take the wedding ring. It's because the SP was in a frantic state after the altercation and wanted to get out quick. If this had been a pre-meditated murder the last thing a perp would do is be caught on camera and would've certainly chosen a much easier path. The SP also knows that they are on camera because they looked right at the camera. Simply put, the SP didn't go to the church with the intention to commit murder.

Of course, this is all just my opinion based on years of experience. As mentioned previously, I've seen the behavior the SP displays many, many times in burglary videos. The SP is very comfortable being in a building that they burglarized and I'm very sure this person has been doing this for a long time.

Thankyou for your insight, I had no idea perps could be that nonchalant during a robbery. I tend to think of druggies getting in and out quickly. In your experience what kind of perp would this be and what would they have been targeting? Do you believe a male or female?

If it were MB's gun, I don't think LE is neccessarily saying they have a concern of a false stolen weapon. I think that whole section is standard language to deny the release of the records - saying they don't want to release any gun serial numbers that could be put on to stolen guns at a later date (there are actually places that will file down and re-etch serial numbers). It sounds like this is in response to the search warrant. My personal thought is perhaps they found her gun in her truck. I just don't picture this perp shooting her with a gun, then beating her with a hammer after the fact, then leaving all of that behind. It is definitely a possible scenario - but if he used her gun on her, that part couldn't be planned. SP seemed to have this planned down to the minute. If SP brought a gun with them, I just don't see them leaving it behind. They may be confident it can't be traced to them, but it is definitely easier to trace than a standard hammer.
Do any locals know if firearms are allowed or banded in this church?

JMO but if the weapon used to murder MB has not been revealed, the autopsy report not released and now we find that there is a gun involved, it's beginning to look like the head trauma may possibly include a bullet wound. All we really have are statements that the puncture wounds could have been made by tools left at the scene and also as seen on the video of the suspect.

Spot on!

Sent from my iPhone

I've gone back & read this article again. The first deputy was arrested on April 15th, 3 days before Missy's death. This article was posted on Wednesday, May 4th & says that the second deputy was arrested on Tuesday. I am assuming the arrest date for him was Tuesday, May 3. This is purely speculation, but could the first arrest have been the result of a tip that Missy submitted? I'm just thinking out loud again.
Google search the names and you will find more in the county also with issues. I briefly pulled up four.

Any idea when deputy got out from arrest on April 15th?

I think they're still in the surveillance and evidence-gathering stages. Might have an idea who's responsible, but they are having to cast the net wide because it's a complicated case with at least a few players. And it may merge with other ongoing investigations - eg. The ECSO stolen evidence and bad cops (are there more?) and possibly even illegal drug activity in local athletic circles. (Former cop Slaughter had illegal steroids as well as guns confiscated from his mobile home.)

JMO, MOO, etc...

Jumping off your point, this now makes sense why the ATF, DEA and all the other agencies were looking at Missy's case. They were already there so they decided
to investigate her case as well JIC there was a connection. Including the ATF dog...they just used all available resources and I'm glad because its a indicator that
there will be no stone unturned in trying to find who her attacker was.

I really was curious at first why they were involved and now its makes all kinds of sense to me. JMO~

Legal disclaimer: The following is just my opinion and for entertainment purposes:
I've been involved with LE for over 17 years with the last 9 specifically in burglary and violent crimes. I've seen hundreds of videos where a perp has broken into a building (commercial, school, church, etc) with some type of disguise. They've worn everything from ninja outfits, tactical gear to mascot uniforms. I seen the exact type of nonchalant, slow and easy walk that the SP in the video is showing. In my opinion the SP broke into the church expecting to get something of value. Most church break-ins occur on Sunday and Wednesday nights. During the process of burglarizing this church an interaction occurred between the SP and MB which led to MB's death.
This isn't a staged burglary to cover up a pre-meditated murder. I know a lot of people are stuck on the fact that the SP didn't take the wedding ring. It's because the SP was in a frantic state after the altercation and wanted to get out quick. If this had been a pre-meditated murder the last thing a perp would do is be caught on camera and would've certainly chosen a much easier path. The SP also knows that they are on camera because they looked right at the camera. Simply put, the SP didn't go to the church with the intention to commit murder.

Of course, this is all just my opinion based on years of experience. As mentioned previously, I've seen the behavior the SP displays many, many times in burglary videos. The SP is very comfortable being in a building that they burglarized and I'm very sure this person has been doing this for a long time.

Greetings and welcome. In your experience, how long on average would a burglar spend inside a building with the intention to burglarize it? Also, what do you think the burglar was looking for in the Creekside Church? Just curious, thanks.

-Nin

Originally Posted by lstiff
Left is a former PO arrested after (former officer) Phillip Slaughter, I can't remember his name but he left ECSO in Dec 2015 and was arrested after MB murder for not destroying firearms but instead pawning them for money. Right is actual SP who is still TBD.
IMP

I think the poster may have used the photo of the most recent LE arrested, lstiff - (Smith). Slaughter was the first one arrested and is balding with bigger eyes. I'll see if I can round up their photos.

ETA: here are their two photos (click forward arrow on the photo):

http://m.waxahachietx.com/news/20160504/2nd-deputy-arrested-in-gun-theft-case

Pictured is Thomas Glen Smith who was the 2nd deputy arrested. Slaughter's photo can be seen if you click on the photo of Smith.

And...lstiff, my apologies - rereading that just realized I'd skipped over the word 'after' in your first sentence, so you were referring to the 2nd deputy arrested. Too late to edit, so just brought it forward to rectify. Sorry for the confusion!

<modsnip>

Nobody here has uncovered a serial number from a gun. Try going back to post #24 on this thread and you might be able to see where that result of the "game of Telephone" might have started.

And...lstiff, my apologies - rereading that just realized I'd skipped over the word 'after' in your first sentence, so you were referring to the 2nd deputy arrested. Too late to edit, so just brought it forward to rectify. Sorry for the confusion!

Ha! I almost confused myself with that post ;) Thank you for posting his name and adding the link! I don't think it's SP but never hurts to talk about the possible link in more detail since we have tossed the idea around from the beginning.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member