TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes the most sense, based on what we've been told so far.
I don't believe BB is involved, and I'm not just saying that because of WS rules.
I think it was done for him, but not at his request and not with his knowledge.
But I think he knows who did it, and that's why he's said he'd forgive if they'd come forward. I would say that to a <modsnip>, I probably wouldn't offer forgiveness for a stranger or even acquaintance, it doesn't seem relevant in the context he was speaking. It seemed a very directed message at someone he knew personally.

I'm open too many other theories but my first was a lover of BB or <modsnip> trying to protect or help. But the most obvious is to look at those closest to her and then spread out further those close to him.

Well like I stated previously, this thing possibly does "not" have, jagged edges.
This is possibly due to, when the photo is "enlarged".

(Because, if you notice, even the straight-line, of where the bottom of the wall meets the floor, after enlargement even IT appears to be, jagged. (no longer a, straight-line) (It is also seen in regard to, around the door.) The straight-line, is "distorted" (in regard to the "view" of it), after photo is "enlarged".

Things that occur like this (after you "enlarge" a photo) are commonly referred to as: "artifacts".

(When I enlarged the above, I was using my "Irfanview". It also did the same thing, when I tried it in microsoft Paint.)

But I have been searching for some (free) programs, which are stated to, cut-down on "artifacts". (reduce this 'problem', when you "enlarge" something.)

I recently installed the (free) app called, Reshade. (It is supposed to be a good one.) But I haven't 'gotten the hang of' using it yet. I am not familiar with the "settings" of it yet.

What is truly needed is: a program in which, when you "enlarge" something (a photo, or a 'crop' from it), there is no "distortion" (unwanted, "artifacts"),
and...that you can make things more, crystal-clear. (Instead of the end result being, "blurry".)

I'm not sure you really understand digital photography/forensics.

It is true that digital photography can introduce "artifacts" - some of these are due to software/hardware malfunctions and compression others are just part of the digital photography process. These artifacts are permanent to the raw image and cannot be "recovered" via any program. The jagged edges you see are pixels and will occur any time you zoom far enough into a digital image - this is known as aliasing and/or mosaicing. The number of pixels in an image is determined by resolution - an image from a higher resolution camera will contain more pixels and thus you have to zoom further into the image to see those jagged edges.

All modern camera sensors perform some sort of anti-aliasing in which the pixels between 2 distinct colors will be a mix of both of those colors. This makes the pixelization somewhat less noticeable in a low-res photo but there are still jagged edges when zooming in. If the sensor has a color filter array this anti-aliasing effect is even stronger. Think about it this way, let's say I take a picture of a piece of paper that is part pure black and part pure white - without any aliasing performed all my pixels will be either pure black or pure white (in a perfect world with perfect lighting and perfect equipment). Anti-aliasing firmware will attempt to smooth the jagged edges out by extrapolating a color between the black and white pixels so you will see many shades of gray in between the pure black and pure white pixels if zoomed in far enough. These gray pixels won't be noticeable when viewing the image at full resolution though.

Too many episode of CSI has led us to believe that we can zoom and enhance a photo to the point that something that did not exist in the original image will somehow be magically created. This is not the case. Yes, there is software that can alter pixel colors, reduce noise, and further blur pixel edges so that they are not so noticeable. I think you are looking for software that will blur your pixel edges so you do not see that jaggedness. But all that software is doing is simply extrapolating the current pixels to create new pixels and each kind of software will use a slightly different proprietary algorithm to do this. So one software program might make a highly pixelated object look like a gun while another might make it look like a knife. It's not an exact science and certainly not admissible in a court of law. It's just some estimated values inserted by a computer program.

That being said, there are some highly advanced techniques that can be accomplished using image data points that are admissible in court because they use sound science that is unambiguous and repeatable. I believe there were reports of the FBI and/or NASA helping LE out with some of these images and this is probably where they came into play. Here is a simple example - lets say that I have 30 frames of video of a license plate but cannot read any of the characters in the individual frames. Now I isolate those 30 individual plate images and make them identical in size then lay them on top of each other to create a new image based on the average or extreme of those pixels for each data point. This new image can possibly be read.

I didn't mean to correct you but I just wanted you to fully understand the limitations of digital photography/forensics and not all digital imagery artifacts are unwanted - they exist to make a more pleasing picture.

Friendly Reminder....

No insinuating any of the family members are involved.

Thanks!

I thinhk Texas introduced a 4 year alimony if the spouse was un employed around 1995 when I got a divorce, since i was re marrying i didnt bother lol

We still don't know if there was life insurance on Missy. Even if there is not, there are several factors that may point to a financial motive. She was killed in the course of employment - workman's comp. The children lost a parent - a potential for social security payments until they turn 18. If divorce was on the table - no splitting of assets (house, truck), no lawyers fees in child custody battles. And in a high profile incident with a compelling storyline - well, some GoFund Me-type fundraisers can swell to quite large amounts.

I'm not trying to point the finger at anyone, but it doesn't hurt to ask who would benefit the most.

I'm not sure you really understand digital photography/forensics.

It is true that digital photography can introduce "artifacts" - some of these are due to software/hardware malfunctions and compression others are just part of the digital photography process. These artifacts are permanent to the raw image and cannot be "recovered" via any program. The jagged edges you see are pixels and will occur any time you zoom far enough into a digital image - this is known as aliasing and/or mosaicing. The number of pixels in an image is determined by resolution - an image from a higher resolution camera will contain more pixels and thus you have to zoom further into the image to see those jagged edges.

All modern camera sensors perform some sort of anti-aliasing in which the pixels between 2 distinct colors will be a mix of both of those colors. This makes the pixelization somewhat less noticeable in a low-res photo but there are still jagged edges when zooming in. If the sensor has a color filter array this anti-aliasing effect is even stronger. Think about it this way, let's say I take a picture of a piece of paper that is part pure black and part pure white - without any aliasing performed all my pixels will be either pure black or pure white (in a perfect world with perfect lighting and perfect equipment). Anti-aliasing firmware will attempt to smooth the jagged edges out by extrapolating a color between the black and white pixels so you will see many shades of gray in between the pure black and pure white pixels if zoomed in far enough. These gray pixels won't be noticeable when viewing the image at full resolution though.

Too many episode of CSI has led us to believe that we can zoom and enhance a photo to the point that something that did not exist in the original image will somehow be magically created. This is not the case. Yes, there is software that can alter pixel colors, reduce noise, and further blur pixel edges so that they are not so noticeable. I think you are looking for software that will blur your pixel edges so you do not see that jaggedness. But all that software is doing is simply extrapolating the current pixels to create new pixels and each kind of software will use a slightly different proprietary algorithm to do this. So one software program might make a highly pixelated object look like a gun while another might make it look like a knife. It's not an exact science and certainly not admissible in a court of law. It's just some estimated values inserted by a computer program.

That being said, there are some highly advanced techniques that can be accomplished using image data points that are admissible in court because they use sound science that is unambiguous and repeatable. I believe there were reports of the FBI and/or NASA helping LE out with some of these images and this is probably where they came into play. Here is a simple example - lets say that I have 30 frames of video of a license plate but cannot read any of the characters in the individual frames. Now I isolate those 30 individual plate images and make them identical in size then lay them on top of each other to create a new image based on the average or extreme of those pixels for each data point. This new image can possibly be read.

I didn't mean to correct you but I just wanted you to fully understand the limitations of digital photography/forensics and not all digital imagery artifacts are unwanted - they exist to make a more pleasing picture.

Great post, thanks. Have you by chance worked on any of the video frames or are you planning to?

-Nin

How about some sort of vice grip?

ed33899d0b6f1d2dca62634e978d8206.jpg

d77fcd2c258857491f7918112eca8c8e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Since I have asked about MSM or LE links to information about RB's alibi a few times and have gotten no replies, is it safe to assume that we don't have any details about the nature of his alibi?

Good question? I remember searching for an alibi but I don't think I ever came up with anything, sorry I wasn't any help

JMO

I have been thinking pliers..

I searched for something like that that has a distinctly square end but haven't found anything. As Steve Martin said, "what the hell is it?".

ETA: It almost looks like white pvc pipe. Maybe something homemade?

As I have repeatedly said, I have been unable to find anything in the MSM or as reported by LE. Of course, no one has an obligation to help. However if you have seen it so widely reported, would you mind being kind and helping me? I have Googled many times, and I have found nothing about the nature of RB's alibi. <modsnip>

We have not discussed his alibi because we know nothing about it, only a photo of RB and his wife with a man, all in golf clothes, at 7:30pm Pacific Time at a golf course in Oceanside, CA , which was posted on the wife's fb page on Sunday, April 17th. The next bit of information is that they arrived in Midloathian shortly after MB's murder. Whatever, LE stated that his alibi was corroborated through independent sources and that really is the end of the story there. And it was dog blood AND he has a very wide space between his legs which SP does not and he is close to BB's height which is around 6' tall and SP is between 5'2" and 5'7". Neither RB nor BB are SWATPERP.

I have been reading and I can not figure out who would think they were helping BB by killing MB without him knowing it. This is the most bizarre of all theories.

These photos are taken and distributed to their salespeople by MARY KAY. This person did not take this photo. This was done by a professional product photographer hired by the company. *These photos are given to the salespeople to post*. The salespeople are not professional photo stylists and/or photographers. Hope that clears things up a little!

Whatever it is, it is a very poor sales photo for Father's Day or any day. A white chair with a belt and a hammer, some ties over the back, with all the products. It isn't even a gift basket.

I am reminded of the incident with the phony MB FB, and NG's guest Dr. Sophy on 5/26/2016 (and I have never been on the CT trail, consider her mostly a stranger to MB):

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1605/26/ng.01.html

"...GRACE: You know, Dr. Charles Sophy joining me, psychiatrist and author of "Side by side" -- Dr. Sophy, it seems to me just logically speaking that this is the killer doing this. Why? What sick thrill would Missy`s killer get out of taunting her friends and family by sending them messages from her Facebook after she`s been murdered?

DR. CHARLES SOPHY, PSYCHIATRIST: Well, it`s a very, very sick thing to do. It`s based in jealousy. It`s based in a lot of sick meanness. But it doesn`t necessarily mean it`s the killer. It could be somebody who wants to be her and is pretending to be her and taking over her identity also. But at the end of the day, it`s someone who is very, very disturbed...

[20:20:07]GRACE: You just said something interesting, Dr. Charles Sophy, about taking over her identity. This is someone, obviously, that followed her moves, that knew when she was working out, where she was working out, who her friends were. She had just been away for the weekend in Austin at a fitness convention. And now you said those words, "taking over her life," even taking over her Facebook friends.

SOPHY: Absolutely. And it`s not uncommon where someone will step into someone else`s life. They`ve been tracking them for a while and they become them. And if they`re really disturbed, they really believe they are that person. ..."

Please explain what Occams Razor means! I keep seeing this and don't have a clue. It's driving me nuts... Lol

Sure --

http://www.theonion.com/article/gorilla-sales-skyrocket-after-latest-gorilla-attac-30860

Whoops!

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

It generally means that when there are two explanations for a phenomenon/event, the simpler one is usually more likely to be correct.

It works better for answering scientific questions than human events, as there is less predictability in the latter.

The name comes from William of Ockham, a Franciscan, who would be about 700 and something years old now.

Sure --

http://www.theonion.com/article/gorilla-sales-skyrocket-after-latest-gorilla-attac-30860

Whoops!

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

It generally means that when there are two explanations for a phenomenon/event, the simpler one is usually more likely to be correct.

It works better for answering scientific questions than human events, as there is less predictability in the latter.

The name comes from William of Ockham, a Franciscan, who would be about 700 and something years old now.

Thank you!!!! I can finally put that question to rest. LOL

my hubby's mom passed away so he is on a plane to Dallas. He will be staying in Waxahachie since we were afraid all the hotels in Dallas might have bed bugs LOL If anyone wants him to stop by the church and film the outside let me know he will be there until Friday.

You should have him stand where the Altima was parked, and have him film toward the church. I would be interested in seeing what a person in that parked car could have seen/observed (especially at night).

Thank you. But I still maintain that CT certainly did not have to post that particular photo. Good grief, where is her discernment? She and her husband were both named on a SW in the case of a woman who was probably murdered by a hammer. Murdered woman was a colleague of her husband, maybe even a co-worker, working in the same field under the same business umbrella.

Insensitive is too mild a word, mindless might be a better fit.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I agree with you. It's hard to pass this off as coincidence, given that they most assuredly were questioned by police and are aware that they were listed in a search warrant. I was just pointing out that it is a stock photo, so she definitely didn't create the photo herself. On the other hand, it is often surprising how completely thoughtless totally innocent people can be, and to be fair, I don't think LE has confirmed that MB was actually killed with a hammer, we only bring it up as a potential weapon because SP was carrying one. (It's hard for me not to see things from multiple sides, so I often play devil's advocate to myself)

This is good stuff, and the only reason I deleted anything was to avoid repeating things you wrote.

I want to add to the above, on another note, that the quoted post was mainly directed at static images. In my humble, layman's opinion, the real advances have been with dynamic/video images. While professionals can glean a ton of information from examining one image, when they can analyze a series of images, essentially triangulating data points, they can recover a lot of evidence from even grainy video.

I don't typically work in LE investigations, but I've seen how effective this can be twice. Needless to say, the investigators in this case have had access to this sort of analysis, and likely better than I've seen.

This is for Batbrat. I spend a lot of time catching up so I'm not sure if this has been asked.

I'm intrigued with your animations and wonder if it is possible to manipulate the 'perp' and have them walk towards us instead of away from us. With or without hair is fine.

Im just very curious if this is possible. I don't have anyone in particular in mind, and no, I'm not looking at RB. I have short POI list that changes quite often. I'm not the Agatha Christie that I thought I was. TIA

Well I'm working on that at the moment. It's very slow going because the footage of the subject walking toward the camera is quite a distance away. So the data points are far fewer. I'm also currently back to my real work, which takes priority. Hopefully I'll have something soon.

Please explain what Occams Razor means! I keep seeing this and don't have a clue. It's driving me nuts... Lol

Occam's Razor is basically the concept that the solution is far more likely to be attained as the result of the least complicated and most direct path.

An example: You come home to find a broken window, your burglar alarm going off, and you find a dead bird in your living room. Did one of your enemies plan for weeks to break into your home and leave a freshly killed bird on your floor as a threatening message? Was there a tornado that came through, killing a bird and damaging nothing but your window? Were you robbed by local gang members who mistook your home for a drug dealer's house, but they were scared off by the alarm, then later a curious bird happened to cut himself on the broken glass and died?

Maybe. These are examples of how the human brain likes to convolute and complicate a mystery or a puzzle to make it more "woo woo". Occam's Razor tells us a bird flew into your window and as a result, died on your floor.

In other words, you have two scenarios, you pick the one that is the least convoluted and that's the most likely solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member