TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a thought-filled post, but I gotta disagree with many of these item 1 points.

a I go to a church in the same general area, that I think is a bit bigger than CCoC (but not by much), and the auditorium is NOT locked. In fact, I doubt the doors to our auditorium even have locks on them at all.
b You assume drums in this auditorium. I think they have no instruments at all. Church policy/beliefs drive that.
c The pics that have been posted here show the auditorium as a multi-purpose area, which would imo make it less likely to be locked down, and more likely to have it set up for people to come and go.
d My suggestion was that the perp did NOT simply smash the window in the door to enter. It looks to me like the damage shows they tried to do that, but it was much more difficult. (But I do think that the exit was easy.)

I concur with this. As your point "b" notes, the Church of Christ denomination does not believe in using musical instruments in worship. So there would be no drums, no guitars, no keyboards.

It's unlikely there would be anything in the auditorium that would be easy to steal, thus eliminating the need to lock it up. Even the sound equipment and speakers would likely be mounted so as to be inaccessible.

You are thinking of a more traditional Church of Christ. And yes, they harken back to a literal biblical interpretation that hymns were sung a cappella. Creekside is nothing like that. They have full instrumentation (the worship minister has quite the guitar get up on his webpage). Other pages will show multi-screen and full audio-video.

Every church is different in the amount and levels of security provided (the trend is toward more secure - a pastor was murdered and his secretary severely beaten here in Arlington alone in a church not terribly long ago. Was a local convicted felon doing a basic robbery.)

Well if it is indeed the case that Creekside allows instruments, then that makes them a pretty rare CofC.

I found this article from a little over a year ago about a CofC that was adding instruments to worship. But it pointed out that only 20 of 12,000 CofCs have instruments.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/03/06/church-of-christ-instrumental-music/24499691/

You are thinking of a more traditional Church of Christ. And yes, they harken back to a literal biblical interpretation that hymns were sung a cappella. Creekside is nothing like that. They have full instrumentation (the worship minister has quite the guitar get up on his webpage). Other pages will show multi-screen and full audio-video.

Well if it is indeed the case that Creekside allows instruments, then that makes them a pretty rare CofC.

I found this article from a little over a year ago about a CofC that was adding instruments to worship. But it pointed out that only 20 of 12,000 CofCs have instruments.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/03/06/church-of-christ-instrumental-music/24499691/

I looked on Creekside's website and did find a photo of their worship service. The worship leader does have a guitar, but I see no other instruments on stage. The area behind him is somewhat obscured, but I don't believe there are instruments or players back there. I doubt he would have left the lone instrument in the auditorium - probably either took it home or put it in his office.

http://www.creeksidecc.com/gatherings/

There are also a number of photos of worship on the church's FB page, very similar to the photo on their website. They have 9 or 10 worship team members, and the worship leader in the middle with acoustic guitar.

Just catching up here.. MB's truck was parked Under that SW awning, right? So the class would in all likelyhood be held in a different spot, inside or ??? Just thinking out loud.
To me it would be more likely she'd unload the equip there (sw) and move her truck. Rather than carrying all the equip to the other side of the building. I believe all the action happened in the SW lnterior corner of the building.

MB Facebook post stating that she was moving indoors was removed fairly quickly-c IF it was posted on FB that was moving indoors. She could have been sent on the CG app to members that morning by MB. There is not a screen shot of it, but there is screen shots of the couple of FB post night prior. I do not doubt that she made a post or sent a message to CG Campers because we know she had done that in the past (see Jan 3, 2016 post*this one is where she posted not feeling well, not April 17 that has grown legs)

Also have no doubt the class was going to be inside, because Chief Carl Smith tells us this at the April 18 Press Conf. No reason for him to make this up. * Remember they spoke with the actual CG Campers, and I would think again it would be on MB phone extraction too (that would come 2 days later) JMHO

Thank you for confirming that the class was moving indoors. I was going crazy last night and was beginning to doubt if that was even the case.

Exactly. Besides that, Missy opened the Church doors even when it was not raining so that campers would have access to the restrooms, and other necessary amenities inside of the church. Not sure why this is so difficult to understand.

arkansasmimi, :rose: you just don't know how much you've been missed. :welcomeback:

I was so happy to see arkansasmimi posting this morning! :loveyou:

To me it would be more likely she'd unload the equip there (sw) and move her truck. Rather than carrying all the equip to the other side of the building. I believe all the action happened in the SW lnterior corner of the building.

This has been my impression all along.

Thread #30 has been prepared for you. Please begin to move over as this one will close in ten minutes.

click the link in my post called Thread #30 (it is in blue text. Should take you right there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean