TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unscrupulous, dishonest, sassy, bold, clever, logical - these would be my adjectives for someone who is involved in embezzlement.
----------------------------------------------
My thoughts as well. Add to that: disregard of others, of laws / rules / social norms, self-serving, narcissistic ... The same personality traits of someone who'd be willing and able to commit murder (or murder-for-hire)?

Originally Posted by Scout View Post
I in no way suggested that LE should have a hands-off approach to the victim's family. On the contrary, I believe the family and others close to Missy have been thoroughly investigated and rightfully so. That part of the investigation did not pan out. Unfortunately, police have admitted they are running out of leads and have publicly expressed their frustration. Some wish to believe they are only pretending as an investigative strategy. I do not.

Police have confirmed the alibis of BB and RB/VB. Therefore they cannot be the person in SWAT gear unless one assumes that investigators don't know how to confirm an alibi. I haven't seen anyone try to virtually dress MT up in that gear. Are you suggesting she would have the same appearance as the suspect if she were dressed in that gear?

Whoa, Scout. My apologies but stating that "police have admitted they are running out of leads" is false.

The keyword is video, as in, "it is the last of the video leads that need to be followed up on."

May 26, 2016
Midlothian police release new clues in case of murdered fitness trainer Missy Bevers
@ the 1:05 mark
[video=youtube;ZmkS4zzivWU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmkS4zzivWU[/video]

Respectfully, May 20, 2016 that was the last Press Conf prior to the one July 1, which the twice Sealed SW for MB and BB facebooks were sealed...

July 1, 2016
Investigation into Missy Bevers' death has 'slowed,' police say; new warrants released
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...s-slowed-police-say-new-warrants-released.ece

<snip>
By Tom Steele Follow @tomsteele tsteele@dallasnews.com
Staff Writer
Published: 01 July 2016 05:35 PM
Updated: 01 July 2016 06:00 PM
Two and a half months after fitness instructor Missy Bevers was slain at a Midlothian church, police say the investigation has slowed.

Midlothian's assistant police chief, Kevin Johnson, said in a weekly update Friday that the department had received additional cellphone service records from an April "tower dump" search warrant — adding that it would take some time to analyze the data.

<snip>
On Friday, Johnson said he did not see a reason to continue the weekly updates unless there is new information to release.

I thought that taking another look at MT's first letter to the killer was a good exercise, and something we have not discussed in a long time. How about the second letter which was also published by her on FB and is available from MSM sources?

MOO:
1. MT is never afraid to use 'I' in her statements to express what she feels or thinks. In the bolded section, she chose to use the vague 'you' in the first sentence 'a love you have'. She does not mean the SP 'you' - the 'you' could be replaced with 'a person' or 'one' - making this an impersonal and distant from herself statement.

2. Continuing in the bolded section, she explains 'I know..." and gives a list of people who loved MB - but she does not include herself. She never says "I loved MB" - after teaching the lesson about agape love, 'you' love, and expressing all that other love that others have.

3. Overall, the impression is another sermon like the first letter. Given the circumstance of a murder, in a church, this SP is not a person likely to be swayed by such attempts to induce guilt. Why make the sermon then? (I think that sometimes a sermon is used to avoid making a direct denial of guilt by criminals who are in fact guilty - using the "moral outrage!" to deflect anyone questioning them.)

4. Why is MT making assumptions about the SP's family, SP's feelings, SP's thoughts, SP's outcome? The only outcome for SP on April 18, May 7 and today Aug 3, is that they have not been caught. I don't understand what she hopes to achieve. I don't know why she is even thinking about SP that way, as a person. JMO a victim family would likely think of SP as a boogieman or monster of some kind and not someone with a life, feelings, family. Maybe it is just me, but it seems that a victim like MB is the one humanized in tragedy, and the unknown killer is dehumanized in even the minds of strangers.

5. Of course loss of a family member is stressful, and MT like anyone would have a lot of stress over the loss of her DIL. But if the public FB post does not help solve the crime, is it merely for her own stress relief - is this FB really useful in any way? What is the purpose of the two letters? What does MT gain from making the two FB posts if not locating the killer?

6. If any of you have a thought on the style used of a series of rhetorical, unanswerable questions to the SP, I really would like to hear your observations.

I've tried to wrap my mind around this. My numbers do not correspond to yours, but here are my thoughts:

1.) Her comments regarding Missy not being perfect and SP not understanding agape love - This leads me to believe that whoever MT believes is SP (the person she is addressing) tried to reveal something (an affair?) about Missy to BB and family and did not get the response from them that she had hoped for.

2.) IMO, she obviously has a very specific person in mind and I think might have had communication with the person herself, possibly regarding the above.

3.) I do find it very odd that she doesn't say she loved MB. I find it even odder, that when she speaks of how Missy isn't perfect, she follows it with her comment about agape love instead of something more like....Missy wasn't perfect, nobody is, but Missy was a great person, a wonderful mother etc. As if agape love was the only love she was worthy of. I hope I'm making sense. I'm too tired to edit.

4.) I do also think it's possible that writing this was her way of coping and maybe leaving out her loving Missy was not intentional, but that she just forgot to add it. I'm trying to see this from both sides....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick post of Tamara Jolee's blog. This entry was written after she appeared on Tricia's True Crime Radio Show. http://bestsouthwestguide.com/midlo...1-the-missy-bevers-murder-a-local-perspective
Thanks for the link, NIN! And I also wanted to thank you for a very particular word choice upthread somewhere in your posts: SP's theatrical performance. JMO you nailed it - the whole theatrical performance was intended to point every which way but at the SP and any accomplices they may have, perhaps too much pointing all over [ETA: I just saw your post about how too much randomness becomes a pattern = great post by you, too]... I am even doubting any gait issues, all just an act to send LE looking for that rare peg-legged pregnant ballerina burglar.

Seems like the Bevers family have pointed the finger at CT from day one, could they have hired someone that looks like her to kill MB.
This is something I would like to know, too: WHO exactly began the finger-pointing at CT? As for the Target Numbers SW, a very slow careful reading of that pertinent paragraph indicates that while some target numbers may have had phone/text contact with MB, other numbers are on the list as a result of "tips from citizens with possible suspect leads" and not as a result of direct phone contact with MB. It is possible that CT had no phone/text contact with MB, and was simply suggested based on a tip that she resembled SP. (AT&T Target Numbers SW, last para. p.8 - p.9 first para.)

Thanks for the link, NIN! And I also wanted to thank you for a very particular word choice upthread somewhere in your posts: SP's theatrical performance. JMO you nailed it - the whole theatrical performance was intended to point every which way but at the SP and any accomplices they may have, perhaps too much pointing all over [ETA: I just saw your post about how too much randomness becomes a pattern = great post by you, too]... I am even doubting any gait issues, all just an act to send LE looking for that rare peg-legged pregnant ballerina burglar.

bbm

:floorlaugh:

This is something I would like to know, too: WHO exactly began the finger-pointing at CT? As for the Target Numbers SW, a very slow careful reading of that pertinent paragraph indicates that while some target numbers may have had phone/text contact with MB, other numbers are on the list as a result of "tips from citizens with possible suspect leads" and not as a result of direct phone contact with MB. It is possible that CT had no phone/text contact with MB, and was simply suggested based on a tip that she resembled SP. (AT&T Target Numbers SW, last para. p.8 - p.9 first para.)

I'm not in the CT-team (today) but I think the tip had to be a little bit (or much?) more than only one of her similarity. Even if the tip was regarding more than 1 person I think there was more to it. IMO

I've tried to wrap my mind around this. My numbers do not correspond to yours, but here are my thoughts:

1.) Her comments regarding Missy not being perfect and SP not understanding agape love - This leads me to believe that whoever MT believes is SP (the person she is addressing) tried to reveal something (an affair?) about Missy to BB and family and did not get the response from them that she had hoped for.

2.) IMO, she obviously has a very specific person in mind and I think might have had communication with the person herself, possibly regarding the above.

3.) I do find it very odd that she doesn't say she loved MB. I find it even odder, that when she speaks of how Missy isn't perfect, she follows it with her comment about agape love instead of something more like....Missy wasn't perfect, nobody is, but Missy was a great person, a wonderful mother etc. As if agape love was the only love she was worthy of. I hope I'm making sense. I'm too tired to edit.

4.) I do also think it's possible that writing this was her way of coping and maybe leaving out her loving Missy was not intentional, but that she just forgot to add it. I'm trying to see this from both sides....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1.) and 2.) Yes, very well possible! Good idea! :thumb:

Hey guys, if you haven't listened to Tricia's True Crime Radio recording with Tamara Jolee from May 12th, you should!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

One can certainly get a new perspective on old clues.

One example: Folks consider the perp's wandering and breaking inside the church as staging. Staging is supposed to redirect from the truth, to cover it up. Why would the perp "stage" the inside, if he knew he was taped on video? On could argue, he did not know about the inside surveillance cams. He had to know about the outside surveillance cams (signs). Since he "did not know" the outside cams were not functioning that early Monday morning, he costumed all up to conceal his identity. That's what he want's you to believe: That he had no "insider" knowledge about being taped inside. That's why he is meandering around and breaking glass, besides introducing the tools he will later use to kill MB. All MO of course, but you see what I am saying. He is trying to officially "blame" his outfit on the outside cams.

He is lining up so much randomness, that in itself it becomes a pattern. This person is a dilettante. Whether they were under contract or not. He mad mistakes, he will continue to make mistakes and get caught in it. I strongly believe the evidence (cell phone dump, possible trace evidence (boots), DNA (sweat? touch? eyelash?) will eventually break this case. I may be in the minority here, but I have no doubt about it.

-Nin

I agree about the staging. (How could they miss the inside camera's? The murderer seem to know they were there when they walked in, hence one reason for the disguise.) The DNA is another matter. I heard one person say that about the only way to guarantee leaving no trace evidence is for the victim to be inside a body size bag during the murder. LE's problem with the DNA is that it is not in a home or an apartment where there are few other traces. There are probably hundreds of others leaving DNA in the church. If it is found on Missy's body or something she was carrying, maybe that is strong enough. But if it is on the floor near her then it maybe more difficult. If the murderer came through the church during a recent service they can argue that is why their DNA is there.

They may have DNA, but not on Missy. Therefore, they may be trying to obtain something else - a traffic video of their car nearby for example - to back up the DNA. That may one reason why it is taking so long.

----------------------------------------------
My thoughts as well. Add to that: disregard of others, of laws / rules / social norms, self-serving, narcissistic ... The same personality traits of someone who'd be willing and able to commit murder (or murder-for-hire)?

At least willing/able to think of an ingenious plan if not doing the murder itself. IMO

I in no way suggested that LE should have a hands-off approach to the victim's family. On the contrary, I believe the family and others close to Missy have been thoroughly investigated and rightfully so. That part of the investigation did not pan out. Unfortunately, police have admitted they are running out of leads and have publicly expressed their frustration. Some wish to believe they are only pretending as an investigative strategy. I do not.

Police have confirmed the alibis of BB and RB/VB. Therefore they cannot be the person in SWAT gear unless one assumes that investigators don't know how to confirm an alibi. I haven't seen anyone try to virtually dress MT up in that gear. Are you suggesting she would have the same appearance as the suspect if she were dressed in that gear?

JMO, but VB and RB are both too chubby to be swat perp. The suspect is not as heavy as the video would suggest, and when turning to the side, you can see the body shape clearly. The perp is not thin, but not big through the middle as VB or RB and not as tall, and thicker through the middle than BB> BB also too tall to be swap perp. If I had to make an educated guess based on living long enough to be able to differentiate suttle differances between men and women that you just cant hide, I would sat that the suspect is a man. I will however consced that at this point, I have no way to confirm that and is is possible that I am wrong. At this point, with the statments made by LE along with the lack of any specific motive being presented by anyone including LE, and the verification of the alibi for each, I do not believe any of the above are the suspect.

One can certainly get a new perspective on old clues.

One example: Folks consider the perp's wandering and breaking inside the church as staging. Staging is supposed to redirect from the truth, to cover it up. Why would the perp "stage" the inside, if he knew he was taped on video? On could argue, he did not know about the inside surveillance cams. He had to know about the outside surveillance cams (signs). Since he "did not know" the outside cams were not functioning that early Monday morning, he costumed all up to conceal his identity. That's what he want's you to believe: That he had no "insider" knowledge about being taped inside. That's why he is meandering around and breaking glass, besides introducing the tools he will later use to kill MB. All MO of course, but you see what I am saying. He is trying to officially "blame" his outfit on the outside cams.

He is lining up so much randomness, that in itself it becomes a pattern. This person is a dilettante. Whether they were under contract or not. He mad mistakes, he will continue to make mistakes and get caught in it. I strongly believe the evidence (cell phone dump, possible trace evidence (boots), DNA (sweat? touch? eyelash?) will eventually break this case. I may be in the minority here, but I have no doubt about it.

-Nin

Nin--a lot to ponder. Is this the right direction?

1. The staging is fake in that it s(he wanted us to see it (we know that from the one glance at the camera and they continued on).
2. Staging fake so we won't suspect WHO?? A church member, a CG member, a hired hit, a REAL swat prep, or someone who actually had a key??
3. S(he knew about the tapes recording yet KNEW s(he didn't have to find and destroy the tape because the murder wasn't on it.
4. The randomness makes it MORE fake--an act put on by the dilettante at a masquerade ball!
5. Mistake is buried somewhere in the cockiness, but it is there and it DID happen.

Thanks Nin

Hey guys, if you haven't listened to Tricia's True Crime Radio recording with Tamara Jolee from May 12th, you should!

I agree. Even if you have listened to it the first time around, it's even more enlightening to listen to it now with the conversations that have been held since between everyone here.

I agree. Even if you have listened to it the first time around, it's even more enlightening to listen to it now with the conversations that have been held since between everyone here.
Right, it's helping to "go back to the beginning", so to speak.

I haven't listened to her other Bevers-related interviews on there yet, but I plan to! (5-6 hr drive home today from business trip might be a good time!)

JMO, but VB and RB are both too chubby to be swat perp. The suspect is not as heavy as the video would suggest, and when turning to the side, you can see the body shape clearly. The perp is not thin, but not big through the middle as VB or RB and not as tall, and thicker through the middle than BB> BB also too tall to be swap perp. If I had to make an educated guess based on living long enough to be able to differentiate suttle differances between men and women that you just cant hide, I would sat that the suspect is a man. I will however consced that at this point, I have no way to confirm that and is is possible that I am wrong. At this point, with the statments made by LE along with the lack of any specific motive being presented by anyone including LE, and the verification of the alibi for each, I do not believe any of the above are the suspect.
I agree BB seems too tall, and I see what you say about VB and RB...video does add pounds. Although you're leaning towards a male perp, do you think the weight or body shape could fit CT?

Trying to toe the TOS here.....I can think of an obvious accomplice who owns a motorcycle helmet, looks similiar to SP and does have a similiar walk to SP according to a video I saw. In fact there is a photo of that person in a helmet and the resemblance is eerie. Someone who would naturally be very likely to have a close resemblance to CT.

Trying to toe the TOS here.....I can think of an obvious accomplice who owns a motorcycle helmet, looks similiar to SP and does have a similiar walk to SP according to a video I saw. In fact there is a photo of that person in a helmet and the resemblance is eerie. Someone who would naturally be very likely to have a close resemblance to CT.
Yep I agree. I guess the only thing I'm wondering about that is her weight...not sure what she'd look like in that gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member