TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blondie in Spokane

Reaction score
Missy Bevers was murdered this morning in Dallas around 4 am as she was preparing for her Gladiator's group.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/fitness-instructor-murdered-texas-church-article-1.2606128

"A fitness trainer and mother of three was murdered in a Dallas-area church Monday morning by a man wearing SWAT gear, police said."

"Boot camp-style exercise class participants who showed up at the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian, Tex., around 5 a.m. found their instructor Terri “Missy” Bevers, 45, dead, according to the Midlothian Police Department."

"Fitness trainer Terri (Missy) Bevers, 45, was killed early Monday just before her boot-camp style class, police said. Participants in the Camp Gladiator class found her dead when they arrived to a Midlothian, Tex., church for the workout."

"Police Chief Carl Smith said a man wearing what looked like a tactical helmet, gloves and a heavy vest with "POLICE" written on it could be seen in security camera footage from the E. U.S. Highway 287 church just before Bevers arrived. The department released the 4 a.m. footage Monday afternoon, though Smith said no cameras captured the attack."

Missy Bevers was murdered this morning in Dallas around 4 am as she was preparing for her Gladiator's group.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/fitness-instructor-murdered-texas-church-article-1.2606128

"A fitness trainer and mother of three was murdered in a Dallas-area church Monday morning by a man wearing SWAT gear, police said."

"Boot camp-style exercise class participants who showed up at the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian, Tex., around 5 a.m. found their instructor Terri “Missy” Bevers, 45, dead, according to the Midlothian Police Department."

"Fitness trainer Terri (Missy) Bevers, 45, was killed early Monday just before her boot-camp style class, police said. Participants in the Camp Gladiator class found her dead when they arrived to a Midlothian, Tex., church for the workout."

"Police Chief Carl Smith said a man wearing what looked like a tactical helmet, gloves and a heavy vest with "POLICE" written on it could be seen in security camera footage from the E. U.S. Highway 287 church just before Bevers arrived. The department released the 4 a.m. footage Monday afternoon, though Smith said no cameras captured the attack."

This is my old church home. It's just right down the road from me. It's very sad, I do not believe she was a member I believe she was just a trainer who has been offering classes at the church. So sad.

From same ^ link, http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.2606128

" “We are exploring all possibilities," Smith said at an afternoon news conference. "It’s just an odd, random situation that they would happen to come into a building that’s being burglarized on a Monday morning. But all scenarios are on the table right now.” "

"Bevers' husband was out of town Monday morning and traveled home after hearing what happened, according to the police department.
"

Sad, sad, sad. RIP Ms Bevers. Thoughts & prayers for your family & friends.

From same ^ link, http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.2606128

" “We are exploring all possibilities," Smith said at an afternoon news conference. "It’s just an odd, random situation that they would happen to come into a building that’s being burglarized on a Monday morning. But all scenarios are on the table right now.” "

"Bevers' husband was out of town Monday morning and traveled home after hearing what happened, according to the police department.
"

Sad, sad, sad. RIP Ms Bevers. Thoughts & prayers for your family & friends.

Her poor husband, being out of town and having something so horrible occur...

This is local to me. LOTS of speculation in FB comments that the suspect in combat gear looks like a woman in the video. I can see it. I'm going with the theory that she was probably targeted. :-( Just unlikely someone would rob a church at am dressed like that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

This is local to me. LOTS of speculation in FB comments that the suspect in combat gear looks like a woman in the video. I can see it. I'm going with the theory that she was probably targeted. :-( Just unlikely someone would rob a church at am dressed like that.

Interesting you commented on the thought it is a woman. That thought crossed my mind as I watched the video.

BBM

Especially at 4am, when the video shows the suspect on tape! Nobody would be there except a church mouse....unless you knew about the training class.

I agree now that I've watched the video a few times.....it does look like it could be a woman.

I agree.

I watched the video before reading the thread, and I thought the person in the outfit looked barrel-chested. It didn't occur to me it could be a female, but now that I look again, I think that is a very strong possibility....and would explain why a full get-up like that was used. If female, she thought people would assume male.

JMO.

How hard is it to get an outfit like that? Can anyone tell if it's real or a costume-store version?

I agree.

I watched the video before reading the thread, and I thought the person in the outfit looked barrel-chested. It didn't occur to me it could be a female, but now that I look again, I think that is a very strong possibility....and would explain why a full get-up like that was used. If female, she thought people would assume male.

JMO.

How hard is it to get an outfit like that? Can anyone tell if it's real or a costume-store version?

It's not that hard. You can buy the jackets you just have to provide the correct credentials if you want a patch for Dallas or Midlothian but they will sell the jacket without the patch.

That person is short compared to the door. If the door is 80 - 84 inches tall, that person looks a little over 5 feet. I think it's a woman. Missy posted on Facebook the night before, April 17 at 7:55 pm, the time and place of the workout. Missy stated she had to get up at 3:30 am to prepare for the 5 am workout. She has 1861 friends on Facebook, but it's public so anyone could see the workout time. The killer roamed the church for a half hour before Missy showed up. Pretty clear Missy was targeted.

It's not that hard. You can buy the jackets you just have to provide the correct credentials if you want a patch for Dallas or Midlothian but they will sell the jacket without the patch.

Did this one have a patch? I can't access the video now and can only see the stills. I'm not seeing a patch?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

My first reaction to the video was that it was a woman. I have had plenty of opportunity to wash my H's SWAT stuff after a call out but he is very attentive to detail and would notice if his stuff, ( especially the body armor),wasn't right back in his closet or go bag. I guess some cops might not be that conscientious.

Did anyone else notice in the long shot near the end of the WFAA story, a person standing at a table down the hall from the elevator? Maybe it was something else, but it looked like someone arranging things on the table by the wall.

The "swat" person seemed at home in the church building. Media reports several different areas which "appeared to be" attempts at forced entry but I suspect those may have been staged. I think swat girl may have had a key or maybe left a window or door unlatched the day before. Just my opinion.

http://www.wfaa.com/mb/news/crime/woman-found-dead-inside-midlothian-church/140954492

I think it's a female suspect with a borrowed or stolen SWAT outfit. The boots look particularly awkward as she walks. No question that TB was targeted. The "who" and "why" will likely be predictable from a statistical perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a Dallas store where a person can just walk in and buy this stuff with cash? There are sellers online, including eBay, which offer jackets and vests emblazoned with "POLICE" but that would leave a credit card or Paypal record.

This is so bizarre. If the killer went out shopping for this gear and has ties to Missy, then pre-meditation is obvious. Since Texas has the death penalty, you'd think if someone hated Missy that much, they'd make it look like a crime of passion.

That person is short compared to the door. If the door is 80 - 84 inches tall, that person looks a little over 5 feet. I think it's a woman. Missy posted on Facebook the night before, April 17 at 7:55 pm, the time and place of the workout. Missy stated she had to get up at 3:30 am to prepare for the 5 am workout. She has 1861 friends on Facebook, but it's public so anyone could see the workout time. The killer roamed the church for a half hour before Missy showed up. Pretty clear Missy was targeted.

Hmmm.
She now has 1860 friends.
I'd start with the person who unfriended her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail