https://tinyurl.com/vgzuyp5

TX TX - Theresa 'Teri' Jones, 17, Brazoria County, Sept 1980

Discussion in '1980's Missing' started by CarlK90245, Dec 1, 2016.

1. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Theresa Vernell Jones
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/j/jones_theresa.html
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/32747

Theresa Vernell Jones 008.jpg
    Above Images: Theresa, circa 1980

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: September 1980 from Brazoria County, Texas
    Classification: Endangered Missing
    Date of Birth: February 9, 1963
    Height: 5'6
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Theresa's nickname is Teri. She has a tattoo of a rose on the back of her right shoulder and a slight gap between her upper front teeth.​

Details of Disappearance

Theresa was last seen in Brazoria County, Texas sometime in approximately September 1980. She lived in the 1800 block of Highway 6, near the city of Alvin. Theresa's sister, Brenda, was in Houston, Texas and was expecting Theresa to go there and give her a ride home, but she never arrived and has never been heard from again. Theresa was driving a prime-gray late 1960s model Chevrolet Impala or Chevrolet Nova at the time of her disappearance; it has never been located. She also hasn't renewed her driver's license since her disappearance.

Another of Theresa's sisters, Gina Ladonna Gibbs, was murdered in Nassau County, Florida on June 2, 1982, at the age of twenty-two; the homicide remains unsolved. A photo of Gina is posted below this case summary. Police are looking to the theory that her murder was in some way connected to Theresa's disappearance. Her disappearance remains unsolved.​

[​IMG]
    Above: Gina Gibbs

2. BayouGypsy

BayouGypsy Member

Curious...why do they not know if her car was an Impala or a Nova? I know they sort of resemble each other but wouldn't her relatives know? Insurance? Bill of sale? And it was never found? I also read that for a while, no one was sure which high school she attended. Was she not living with her family? Does LE believe she is still alive somewhere, hence the lack of publication of her case? The fact that it is believed that her sister's murder is somehow connected to Theresa's disappearance is just so intriguing. I can't find anything online on Gina. I thought I saw somewhere that she had a daughter, but I can't remember where I saw it. There is something about this case that I feel like could so easily be solved.

3. CarlK90245

Strange as it may seem, there was a lot of confusion about the model and color of the car.

She actually bought the car from her brother's wife, but the brother's wife can't recall what the model was. Her best recollection was that it was a 67, had two doors, and they were certain that it was some model of Chevy. We had a pretty long communication about the car. The brother's wife says it was primer gray, but that she may have gotten it painted. Her sister remembered that it was green, but she changed her mind and decided that it was primer grey, as the sister-in-law said.

Her sister initially told me that the car was a Chevelle. But when I showed them a photo of a 67 Chevelle, they agreed that Terri's car was shorter and had a smaller trunk. After going over photos of various 67 Chevys, they settled on either an Impala or a Nova.

I asked the detective to see if he could find any old registration records on the car.

IDK what the detectives opinions are. The family is pretty certain that she is dead. There was a lot of dysfunction in the family, but nevertheless, she would have shown up by now. And her driver's license was never renewed. She left behind a pre-printed driver's license renewal card. After it had lapsed, the Texas DMV reissued that number to someone else.

She had no children.

4. apl90

apl90 New Member

I pray that the family had found closure and peace

5. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

6. MadMcGoo

MadMcGoo Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

7. CarlK90245

No. The tattoo was a rose, and on the back of her shoulder.

Suglo and MadMcGoo like this.
  8. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

MadMcGoo likes this.
  9. MadMcGoo

MadMcGoo Well-Known Member

Thank you! I couldn’t find much on her or her sister. I wasn’t sure if the description of her tattoo was exact. Appreciate the feedback!

:)
    •MMcG•

MimosaMornings likes this.