Found Deceased TX - Thomas Brown, 18, Hemphill County, 23 Nov 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
In June 2 years ago, I was reading this thread and may have posted once or twice.

I will go back and read every post because I want to be able to discuss this case with all of you.

This could be a case that John Walsh may want to present on his new show. I would really like this to happen, for Thomas's mother's sake and for true justice for Thomas.

Posted 30 minutes ago:
“PUBLIC STATEMENT REGARDING THE TOM BROWN CASE :

‘As we are unable to give details to the public regarding the Tom Brown case at this time we want to make this public statement.

We are in the process of completing the investigation side of the case to which my team and myself fully anticipate moving to the prosecution phase of this case sometime near the middle or end of the year.

We want the public to know that we have worked hard on this case and fully anticipate a grand jury to hear it soon.

Due to moving to the prosecution phase - again we cannot provide details.’

Klein Statement 06-20220 /4”
Klein Investigations and Consulting

This is really encouraging to hear!

I don't doubt the investigative side is progressing, but the good old boy network has sent this case sideways before. Would the grand jury testimony be in Hemphill County or in Austin? Anyone know?

~Justice for Thomas~

I am going to be negative Nellie. Klein's statement sounds similar to all of the statements he makes where he claims he cannot say anything but something big is going to happen and then...crickets. Am I remembering him wrong? I love the effort he seems to put in and without him, we often would not have anything to discuss, but I just do not remember him having actual results. Please refresh me if I am wrong.

I am going to be negative Nellie. Klein's statement sounds similar to all of the statements he makes where he claims he cannot say anything but something big is going to happen and then...crickets. Am I remembering him wrong? I love the effort he seems to put in and without him, we often would not have anything to discuss, but I just do not remember him having actual results. Please refresh me if I am wrong.

You are right. *sigh* I was excited at first, but after thinking about the announcement, it says 'moving to the prosecution phase of this case sometime near the middle or end of the year.'

Its July. It's past mid year. And lets be real - Klein makes it sound like he is sending it to a Grand Jury. It wont be him. So there is still room for this to get dropped before then. I hope I am wrong, but I have more caution in my hope than before.

This is really encouraging to hear!

I don't doubt the investigative side is progressing, but the good old boy network has sent this case sideways before. Would the grand jury testimony be in Hemphill County or in Austin? Anyone know?

~Justice for Thomas~

It would go to Hemphill Co. for Grand Jury. If they get an indictment, then *whomever* is indicted can ask for a change of venue, which will happen. I dont think they could even get an impartial jury in Amarillo, at this point. They'd need to go far away for that.

In June 2 years ago, I was reading this thread and may have posted once or twice.

I will go back and read every post because I want to be able to discuss this case with all of you.

This could be a case that John Walsh may want to present on his new show. I would really like this to happen, for Thomas's mother's sake and for true justice for Thomas.
If anyone can understand Ms. Meek's need for answers and justice it would be John Walsh.

It would go to Hemphill Co. for Grand Jury. If they get an indictment, then *whomever* is indicted can ask for a change of venue, which will happen. I dont think they could even get an impartial jury in Amarillo, at this point. They'd need to go far away for that.
Are grand juries meeting there ? (Covid has stopped our jury trials)

The show Still A Mystery on Investigation Discovery is airing a segment about Tom.
The name of the episode is called Clues Caught On Camera. It features two stories - the Missy Bevers case in the first half of the episode, and Tom's case in the second half. It airs at 10pm Eastern / 9pm Central tomorrow.

I watched. It’s hard to say how I feel about the episode. I’m glad it’s getting the publicity but from following here from the beginning, you feel like the show doesn’t touch ok so many different things. JMO.

Looking forward to this:
“In 2016, a popular teenager disappeared in the tiny Panhandle community of Canadian. Two years later, his remains were discovered beneath a tree outside of town. But to this day, no arrests have been made, and nearly everyone involved in the case has fallen under suspicion.

Award-winning journalist and true crime legend Skip Hollandsworth explores the case in a new podcast from Texas Monthly, Tom Brown’s Body.

The first episode premieres September 29 on Apple podcasts or wherever you listen to podcasts. Learn more and subscribe to our new True Crime newsletter for early access to Tom Brown’s Body episodes—and more of the magazine’s award-winning true crime stories: Custom Domain by Bitly
Tom Brown's Body Trailer

You can watch a trailer at either link above (here is another one you can try, just in case:
Tom Brown’s Body)

This is going to be a very solid piece, IMO (Skip Hollandsworth co-wrote one of my all-time-favorite movies, “Bernie,” based on an article he wrote for Texas Monthly).

ETA: Found it on YouTube as well:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members