TX TX - Thomas Brown, 18, Hemphill County, 23 Nov 2016 #4

I also wondered if someone moved the body thinking it would be in the best interests of TB’s mother.

If they thought a suicide or that there was something embarrassing about the way he was found that and that it would upset his mother, could they have moved his body thinking they were protecting her?

I also wondered if someone moved the body thinking it would be in the best interests of TB’s mother.

If they thought a suicide or that there was something embarrassing about the way he was found that and that it would upset his mother, could they have moved his body thinking they were protecting her?
I'm not sure Tom's friends would have been aware of the family suicides enough to decide they would be protecting Tom's mother by moving the body. Penny stated she never shared with her children about details of her father's suicide, but it's understandable in a small town that it wouldn't be a secret. Thanks for joining in and sharing your thoughts!

Just checked Klein's FB page to see if there was an update on the caller to his office and see that the Hemphill County DA is saying that he think's Tom's death was a suicide. It's beyond frustrating and my heart goes out to Tom's family. It must be incredibly tiring to have things continue to pop up.

New month, new lawsuit.

Over the past week, we have received press inquiries into the rumors of this firm entering into a lawsuit under the Texas Open Records Act (552) with the City of Abernathy, Texas, in the Thomas Brown case. We can confirm the rumors to be true.

If you go to Kleins FB page, you can read the details. It involves Michael Cane (the guy who was throwing accusations on the radio), Pyne Gregory (the deputy who found Tom), and the police chief of Abernathy, Texas. It's quite the web that has been weaved, and IMHO, pretty interesting.

Last edited:
New month, new lawsuit.

Over the past week, we have received press inquiries into the rumors of this firm entering into a lawsuit under the Texas Open Records Act (552) with the City of Abernathy, Texas, in the Thomas Brown case. We can confirm the rumors to be true.

If you go to Kleins FB page, you can read the details. It involves Michael Cane (the guy who was throwing accusations on the radio), Pyne Gregory (the deputy who found Tom), and the police chief of Abernathy, Texas. It's quite the web that has been weaved, and IMHO, pretty interesting.

Wow...ORR's are just not something you fool around with! Can't believe they didn't even respond. There's always been something that didn't sit right with me about Pyne Gregory "just happening" upon Tom's remains while searching for deer shed during working hours. There's so much more to this story and maybe there will be some interesting information forced to come to light with the lawsuit.

Wow...ORR's are just not something you fool around with! Can't believe they didn't even respond. There's always been something that didn't sit right with me about Pyne Gregory "just happening" upon Tom's remains while searching for deer shed during working hours. There's so much more to this story and maybe there will be some interesting information forced to come to light with the lawsuit.
I agree. It was a huge risk not to respond at all. I wonder what they are hiding -- it has to be something or why else ignore the request? They could have responded and redacted whatever they wanted to if they had responded earlier. Now, it's all got to be handed over. I know Abernathy is a small town, but come on. Surely the city management knew they couldn't ignore this.

And don't get me started with Pyne. I hadn't paid much attention to Michael Crane before now.....I honestly figured he was just playing investigator on his own. But now that there is a red thread to his boss....who is also Pynes boss....I don't know. Something is hinky IMHO.

New month, new lawsuit.

Gee thanks @jellybean96. This case might just be solved one of these days. Small town LE is just not equipped to handle cases like this. I just watched a Dateline episode about a double murder in New York State that ended up involving a former Police Chief, his wife (an investigator) and 1 of the other 3 officers from a little town very close to Canadian called Sunray, TX. Let me make it clear the Sunray police department was not involved in cover-up. But it just goes to show the caliber of SOME LE in small town America. (I guess it can be in any LE agency, we just do not expect this from LE).

It is going to be interesting to see what comes from the lawsuit.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle
Back