Found Deceased TX - Thomas Brown, 18, Hemphill County, 23 Nov 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for clarifying jellybean. I saw the post shared on Unfound discussion group and was very curious the significance of the dog. I mean I know what a cadaver dog is but didn't know how it applied.

I thought it was said a "small amount" of blood was found in his vehicle. That's more than small AND it appears to have been wiped clean?

In the comment section under the original post, Klein added the following 1 hr ago:

“Editors Note : We have learned this afternoon that Chief Deputy Brent Clapp has been dismissed from service at the Hemphill County Sheriffs Department. If you have tips please call Caroline Gear at 409-729-8798 x103.”
Klein Investigations and Consulting

The plot (and subplots) thickens. NL previously endorsed Clapp as his replacement. Then Unfound posted the luminol pics with instructions to contact Clapp with tips/info...and then shortly after, NL fires Clapp. Bizarre. Who is Hemphill County protecting and why? There are powerful and prominent people in that town who should be able to push for justice. Why are they all stone silent? Where is State Rep King, whose son was one of Tom's best friends and was with him that night? What about the Abraham family, a local and extremely influential family who own extensive amounts of property, assets, and business interests in the town and county? There are many other powerful people who could choose to speak out as community voices and advocate on behalf of Tom. So many things just don't add up here.

Klein releases more info to KVII (basically his theory) . DEFINITELY worth a read and discussion. There's a theory and a timeline with details.

snipped:

“Our theory has been and has always been that someone must have come up behind Tom while he was sitting in the car and shot him in the head,” Klein said. “We say that for a couple of reasons. Number one, again, because of the pooling (of blood) in the area (of the driver’s side of Thomas’ car). Number two, because we found a .25-caliber shell casing in the car. Number three, there was a small splatter pattern (in Thomas’ car) that can be deduced as a gunshot wound. We do not believe the bullet exited his skull. What we believe is the bullet stayed in the skull but there was probably a major vein or artery hit that caused that kind of damage inside the car.”

New details released in Canadian teen's death

Klein releases more info to KVII (basically his theory) . DEFINITELY worth a read and discussion. There's a theory and a timeline with details.

snipped:

“Our theory has been and has always been that someone must have come up behind Tom while he was sitting in the car and shot him in the head,” Klein said. “We say that for a couple of reasons. Number one, again, because of the pooling (of blood) in the area (of the driver’s side of Thomas’ car). Number two, because we found a .25-caliber shell casing in the car. Number three, there was a small splatter pattern (in Thomas’ car) that can be deduced as a gunshot wound. We do not believe the bullet exited his skull. What we believe is the bullet stayed in the skull but there was probably a major vein or artery hit that caused that kind of damage inside the car.”

New details released in Canadian teen's death

So seems it's safe to say the crime scene is his car. Even IF the gunshot wound was self inflicted, after driving around all night thinking about it.....how did his body get from his vehicle to where it was found? There is literally no way there is not another person involved in this.

So seems it's safe to say the crime scene is his car. Even IF the gunshot wound was self inflicted, after driving around all night thinking about it.....how did his body get from his vehicle to where it was found? There is literally no way there is not another person involved in this.

Exactly. I do not understand how the OAG can say it is suicide. It makes no sense.

The only sense I get from this is there is a cover up going on in this County. IMO. Why? I don't know but someone does. JMO
I agree, its a cover up. But why is the OAG interested in helping cover it up as well? Truly, Nathan Lewis doesn't have that much power in Texas. So why isn't the OAG admitting the obvious (that its a murder)? I don't understand.

But whyt shoot himself in the back of the head, by himself. I suppose he could have...but why bother going the extra mile in shooting himself from behind? Also then where is the gun if this was a suicide? It wasn't found in the car.

IMHO the cellphone evidence of him looking up the suicide hotline cannot be trusted. Anyone could have used his phone to look that up.

Exactly. I do not understand how the OAG can say it is suicide. It makes no sense.

I don't think the OAG said it was suicide. Didn't they say they couldn't determine how he died so they suspended the case till they found discovered more evidence?

I could be wrong, but that is how i understood it to be.

I don't think the OAG said it was suicide. Didn't they say they couldn't determine how he died so they suspended the case till they found discovered more evidence?

I could be wrong, but that is how i understood it to be.
Officially they said 'no viable evidence of foul play'. So while they didn't officially say it was suicide, they said no evidence of someone else hurting him.

Wednesday, November 6th 2019
“HEMPHILL COUNTY, Texas (KVII) — The former lead investigator on the Thomas Brown case for the Hemphill County Sheriff’s Office said he has been let go from his position.

Chief Deputy Brent Clapp told ABC 7 News as of Tuesday, he was dismissed from the sheriff’s office.

[SBM]

Clapp said he worked on Brown’s case until the Office of the Attorney General took over the investigation in February of last year.

He also told ABC 7 the sheriff's office gave him no reason for the dismissal.”
Hemphill Co. Sheriff's Office dismisses frmr. Thomas Brown lead investigator

Wednesday, November 6th 2019
“HEMPHILL COUNTY, Texas (KVII) — The former lead investigator on the Thomas Brown case for the Hemphill County Sheriff’s Office said he has been let go from his position.

Chief Deputy Brent Clapp told ABC 7 News as of Tuesday, he was dismissed from the sheriff’s office.

[SBM]

Clapp said he worked on Brown’s case until the Office of the Attorney General took over the investigation in February of last year.

He also told ABC 7 the sheriff's office gave him no reason for the dismissal.”
Hemphill Co. Sheriff's Office dismisses frmr. Thomas Brown lead investigator

Interesting. I wonder if we will hear more? I doubt it. Texas is an 'at will' state - so someone can be fired for no reason at all. As long as they aren't firing them because they refuse to perform an illegal act.

I actually think this could be a good thing - If Clapp is willing to talk about things he knows about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert