TX - Trial of Robert Durst in the murder of Morris Black

I read that too-- But at the end of the day I'm wondering if it all is a moot point? To me personally- whether Susan was actually contacted or not yet has little or no practical value. I'm sure it was common knowledge she WOULD be. Does an official phone call make a difference? If I'm Durst and I'm paranoid I'd SO KILL HER before the official phone call as a firm defense?? Why even let her be tempted by the fame, possible blackmail idea or have any off the record phone call with anyone in the West Chester Da's office? Get rid of her now----

According to the book, the case was re-opened for over a year with Becarra secretly interviewing everyone in Kathy's camp. Also ppl in Durst's camp if I'm correct? Ie: The South Salem cleaning lady was kinda pro Bobby. Word spreads.....

Also, Mouthy McMoutherson Najamy was NOT silent about her demands for Becarra to FIND and interview Susan. Foaming at the mouth for them to get to her because SHE would know all etc. The book makes it sound like Becarra was telling Kathy's brother semi-confidential stuff about the investigation or his intentions-- giving him explanations, etc. and that he was secretly passing some of that info onto Mouth. Mouthy was putting herself in front of every available camera, giving interviews to anyone that asked AND was secretly seeking a movie deal. I'm QUITE sure Durst knew the case would inevitably blow up regardless---- I'm sure he got wind of all the interviews being done.

Can anyone explain to me the importance of his attorneys nailing that fact down?

In A Deadly Secret Det. Becarra came back from Christmas vacation and began calling people he wanted to interview on Jan 5, 2001. He at that time learned Berman was dead. He then told Pirro

Her name is Gilberte Najamy.

"The caller mangled her name, which was Gilberte Najamy. Everyone mangled it the first time around. (It's pronounced Gill-BURR-tah Nah-JAY-me.)" - "The Fugitive Heir", Ned Zeman, Vanity Fair 2002

I prefer Mouthy McMoutherson lol......
Between her and Jeanine Pirro I want to VOM! :sick:

Those two cannot get enough of themselves...

Did anyone on here post anything yet re: Gilberte's lengthy criminal history, multiple arrests and complete and total loss of credibility?

Her name is Gilberte Najamy.

"The caller mangled her name, which was Gilberte Najamy. Everyone mangled it the first time around. (It's pronounced Gill-BURR-tah Nah-JAY-me.)" - "The Fugitive Heir", Ned Zeman, Vanity Fair 2002

Bobbi Bacha claims to have uncovered information on Gilberte in a 2002 NYPost article.

"Bacha said the Connecticut records reveal Najamy was first arrested in Danbury, Conn., on March 17, 1987, for writing bad checks and for possession of cocaine and drug paraphernalia. Her last arrest was on March 6, 1991, on drug possession charges."​

http://nypost.com/2002/02/09/dursts-conn-accuser-has-5-drug-busts-private-eye/

That is an excerpt from page 219 from " A Deadly Secret" if anyone has E-book version and can cut & paste it all. It goes on to say she was arrested a total of SIX times. She actually did prison time as well. Has FOUR felonies on her record. Needless to say, she lost all credibility with Kathy's friends Eleanor Schwank & Ellen Strauss. They re-evaluated everything she had ever told them and wondered if she was capitalizing on Kathy's death somehow and did some digging and uncovered more lies she had told. Stories she changed or covered up over the years. Specifically the type of "party" it was on Kathy's last visit and what went down that night. If I remember correctly Gilberte was the only one who claims to have personally been told "If anything ever happens to me look at Bobby, etc..." The one friend, Ellen who's an attorney recalled papers that they found while going through old documents that Gilberte even told her to hide. So the whole truth of whether Kathy ever said that is questionable.
I could have told you that based on the simple fact Gilberte used the words "suspect foul play" ... Ummm, no- I work in law enforcement and would never even use those words off the cuff. Sounds great for a TV movie though......

Even though the private investigator in Galveston seems to have been the one to run her criminal history and provide it to the Associated Press--- Gilberte blamed the Durst family saying the release of her records was part of some grand conspiracy to discredit her? She went off the map after that.

I'm not easily influenced by one person's account of things--in this case Matt Birkbeck's book. But I've gotten a cheeseball vibe off of her from every interview. Now that I've read the book I want to watch the JINX again and see if I can pick up anything else about her.

The overall conclusion later reached by her friend is that she was in love with Kathy forever. Was CONSTANTLY trying to get her to leave Robert. Other ppl and guests at the party even commented she was strangely touchy feely with Kathy. The thought was that she fueled Kathy up with wine & 2-3 grams of coke at that "quiet family party", got her all riled up and sent her off to once & for all get rid of that husband. All all the croc tears caught on video in the subsequent years were tears of guilt.

Bobbi Bacha claims to have uncovered information on Gilberte in a 2002 NYPost article.

"Bacha said the Connecticut records reveal Najamy was first arrested in Danbury, Conn., on March 17, 1987, for writing bad checks and for possession of cocaine and drug paraphernalia. Her last arrest was on March 6, 1991, on drug possession charges."​

http://nypost.com/2002/02/09/dursts-conn-accuser-has-5-drug-busts-private-eye/

In a CNN interview the day after Durst was acquitted in Galveston, Ellen Strauss said in answer to a question about Gilberte's claim that Kathie had told her 'not to let Durst get away with it', Strauss said that Kathie had said that to ALL her friends. She said, 'look to Bob', 'don't let it go unsolved', "and that's what her friends have spent the last -- since 1982 doing."

Strauss said in another interview that Kathie had told her 'that she was having marital problems with Durst. Strauss recommended she leave him (not unlike Gilberte's reccommendation). Strauss said in one if her CNN interviews that she had been best friends with Eleanor Schwank and was originally introduced to Kathie through her. She said that she only met Robert Durst once at Kathie's graduation party, that it was brief and in passing.

With regard to cocaine, a ton of regular type people were using, experimenting with, getting addicted to cocaine in the eighties. Looking back, I can remember at least ten friends who were seriously involved with it. Lucky for them, no one got arrested.

It was reported that at least one person told that NYPD Struk guy that Kathie used cocaine, 2 to 3 grams a week. It has also been suggested that the party at Gilberte's house was a cocaine party. I have been to parties where there was cocaine, but I don't know what a cocaine party is. I am trying to remember the first time I tried it, I don't think it was at a party. Anyhow, for me, its just a big 'so what?' regarding Gilberte's criminal past and i don't understand why that combined with possibly being homosexual makes her such a bad person in some people's eyes.

And, today I was considering buying a copy of Birkbeck's book but the cost of a single paperback at Amazon is $1,000. Barnes & Noble has hardback at $46, paper at somewhere between $14 and $16. All are out of my price range. Maybe I will look for it next time I go to the library. Somewhere online I found a sample Chapter 7.

In a CNN interview the day after Durst was acquitted in Galveston, Ellen Strauss said in answer to a question about Gilberte's claim that Kathie had told her 'not to let Durst get away with it', Strauss said that Kathie had said that to ALL her friends. She said, 'look to Bob', 'don't let it go unsolved', "and that's what her friends have spent the last -- since 1982 doing."

Strauss said in another interview that Kathie had told her 'that she was having marital problems with Durst. Strauss recommended she leave him (not unlike Gilberte's reccommendation). Strauss said in one if her CNN interviews that she had been best friends with Eleanor Schwank and was originally introduced to Kathie through her. She said that she only met Robert Durst once at Kathie's graduation party, that it was brief and in passing.

With regard to cocaine, a ton of regular type people were using, experimenting with, getting addicted to cocaine in the eighties. Looking back, I can remember at least ten friends who were seriously involved with it. Lucky for them, no one got arrested.

It was reported that at least one person told that NYPD Struk guy that Kathie used cocaine, 2 to 3 grams a week. It has also been suggested that the party at Gilberte's house was a cocaine party. I have been to parties where there was cocaine, but I don't know what a cocaine party is. I am trying to remember the first time I tried it, I don't think it was at a party. Anyhow, for me, its just a big 'so what?' regarding Gilberte's criminal past and i don't understand why that combined with possibly being homosexual makes her such a bad person in some people's eyes.

And, today I was considering buying a copy of Birkbeck's book but the cost of a single paperback at Amazon is $1,000. Barnes & Noble has hardback at $46, paper at somewhere between $14 and $16. All are out of my price range. Maybe I will look for it next time I go to the library. Somewhere online I found a sample Chapter 7.

@I.B. - I got the book out of my local library. Read it in one day. It has a lot of information in it that has not been
presented to the public and it's detailed, so it's a great read.

The finger pointing at Gilberte is that she lied...about the party at her house the night that Kathie Durst
was there and then went back to her husband and then she was (killed.) The book will explain it all.

Gilberte's criminal past is that she hid it. It is in the fact that she lies, and henceforth, loses credibility.

It's very hard to learn of domestic violence, and what happens is that it escalates. It is very obvious
that Bob was a real (*and still is*) control freak. It is so sad that there was no where for Kathie to go,
but she was the real victim here and Bob was the perpetrator and he controlled her. Her life really
was in danger and domestic violence does kill women. When you are leaving your perpetrator - that is
the most dangerous time for any woman, and one must make a real secure and secret plan to
flee from the perpetrator and never look back.

I dowloaded the Matt Birkbeck e-book version from Amazon.com and finished it in about three days. It was about $8 or so. It was VERY eye opening. Especially - SPOILER ALERT - about the letter that stated doctors believed that Bob was schizo back in the 1950's.

Robert Durst due back in New Orleans court on extradition issue
Los Angeles Times
By Molly Hennessey-Fiske
April 7, 2015 From Houston

"Embattled New York real estate scion Robert Durst was due back in court Tuesday."

"Tuesday’s hearing, scheduled for 8 a.m. Pacific time, before Orleans Criminal District Court Magistrate Harry Cantrell Jr., is a status conference on Durst’s extradition, according to court staff.

It’s not clear whether the judge would allow Durst to be extradited, particularly since he has a hearing on the state charges scheduled for Thursday."

"Officials have 30 days to enforce the extradition, which would expire next week, according to his legal team’s staff.

Durst’s New Orleans-based attorney, Billy Gibbens, plans to push for his immediate extradition, staff said. Lead attorney Dick DeGuerin is still in Houston, where he’s based."​

More...

Feds ask to move part of Durst case to different court

Durst appeared for brief hearing Tuesday morning

Author: Jace Larson, Investigative Reporter, Click2Houston

NEW ORLEANS - "Robert Durst briefly appeared in a New Orleans courtroom Tuesday morning though nothing of significance happened at the hearing. The arguing of motions was delated (sic) until Thursday’s scheduled hearing.

The appearance happened a day after federal prosecutors told a judge that subpoenas issued to two FBI agents and a Louisiana State Trooper who works on the FBI’s New Orleans Violent Crimes Task Force should be moved to federal court.

The move will make it tougher for Durst’s defense team to call the three when Durst’s preliminary hearing resumes Thursday."​

More...

Robert Durst indicted in New Orleans on Louisiana gun charges

Times -Picayune
By Ken Daley, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
on April 08, 2015 at 9:55 AM, updated April 08, 2015 at 11:00 AM

Robert Durst, the millionaire murder suspect awaiting extradition to Los Angeles, was indicted on two Louisiana gun charges Wednesday (April 8) by an Orleans Parish grand jury. Sources said Durst was ordered held without bond by Criminal District Court Judge Arthur Hunter.

The filing of formal charges moves Durst's case out of Judge Harry Cantrell's magistrate court into Criminal District Court and cancels a preliminary hearing that was to resume Thursday, to determine whether probable cause existed for Durst's arrest. The indictment also puts an indefinite hold on Durst's extradition to California, where Los Angeles police are waiting to book the 71-year-old real estate scion with first-degree murder in the 2000 shooting death of writer Susan Berman.​

More...

Robert Durst indicted in New Orleans on Louisiana gun charges

Times -Picayune
By Ken Daley, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
on April 08, 2015 at 9:55 AM, updated April 08, 2015 at 11:00 AM

Robert Durst, the millionaire murder suspect awaiting extradition to Los Angeles, was indicted on two Louisiana gun charges Wednesday (April 8) by an Orleans Parish grand jury. Sources said Durst was ordered held without bond by Criminal District Court Judge Arthur Hunter.

The filing of formal charges moves Durst's case out of Judge Harry Cantrell's magistrate court into Criminal District Court and cancels a preliminary hearing that was to resume Thursday, to determine whether probable cause existed for Durst's arrest. The indictment also puts an indefinite hold on Durst's extradition to California, where Los Angeles police are waiting to book the 71-year-old real estate scion with first-degree murder in the 2000 shooting death of writer Susan Berman.​

More...

I'm confused. It says he's a felon, but what has he ever been convicted of? Thought all serious charges against him were plead not guilty?

I am too lazy at the moment to go look for all the sources so here is what wikipedia says:

In 2004, Durst pleaded guilty to two counts of bond jumping and one count of evidence tampering. As part of a plea bargain, he received a sentence of five years and was given credit for time served, requiring him to serve about three years in prison.[30] Durst was paroled in 2005. The rules of his release required him to stay near his home; permission was required to travel.[31] That December, Durst made an unauthorized trip to the boarding house where Black had been killed and to a nearby shopping mall. At the mall, he ran into the presiding judge from his murder trial, Susan Criss.[26] Due to this incident, the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles determined that Durst had violated the terms of his parole, so he was returned to jail.[31] He was released again from custody on March 1, 2006.[32]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Durst#cite_note-abrams-31

Robert A. Durst was formally indicted on gun charges in New Orleans on Wednesday, further delaying his extradition to Los Angeles, where he faces murder charges.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/09/n...icted-on-gun-charges-in-new-orleans.html?_r=0

The indictment on Wednesday charged Mr. Durst, 71, with possession of a handgun by a felon and possession of a weapon while in the possession of an illegal substance. He faces up to 20 years in prison.

http://nypost.com/2015/04/09/robert-durst-sends-bizarre-letter-to-reporter/

Robert Durst sent a bizarre, rambling letter to a Los Angeles Times reporter last week in which he griped about LA’s traffic, the fact that it has no pro football team and its recent staging of a Wagnerian opera.
“A true example of Hollywood gone berserk,” Durst, 71, wrote in sloppy blue pen about the opera, in the letter postmarked April 1.

http://nypost.com/2015/04/09/robert-durst-sends-bizarre-letter-to-reporter/

Robert Durst sent a bizarre, rambling letter to a Los Angeles Times reporter last week in which he griped about LA’s traffic, the fact that it has no pro football team and its recent staging of a Wagnerian opera.
“A true example of Hollywood gone berserk,” Durst, 71, wrote in sloppy blue pen about the opera, in the letter postmarked April 1.

Wow, this is a head shaker. Thanks for posting it.
Here's the article linked within the NYPost. It contains the actual letter (including the envelope addressed by RD).
Letter to a Times reporter from Robert*Durst http://fw.to/enCfxIS
I can't help but get the chills every time I see his handwriting. :moo:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hello.......

Does anyone have a way of getting a copy of his birth certificate?

You know how everything in this case is public sooner or later? Like the search warrant that was slapped on him
and it was posted here..

Does anyone know how to get his birth certificate?
I'm an astrologer and I'd love to draw up his chart. His birthday is in 2 days....
and he will be in prison for his birthday-

what you do on your birthday is very important for your year, and well, ummmmmm
he's in a whole lotta drama to say the least on his birthday.

Thank you

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back