TX - Twins Shakayla & Makayla Carroll, 18 mos, home alone, die in fire, 10 Dec 2008

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by alwaysonmymind, Dec 10, 2008.

  1. alwaysonmymind

    alwaysonmymind Proud Army Mom

    Messages:
    4,976
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    HOUSTON - Identical twin toddlers who may have been left home alone died in a fire at their northeast Houston home early Wednesday, KPRC Local 2 reported.

    Houston firefighters battled flames at a duplex in the 1700 block of Sam Wilson Street near Hershe Street at about midnight.

    Houston police said the mother turned on two stove burners and left the house for a short period of time. She saw smoke coming from the duplex when she returned, investigators said.

    snip

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28155562/

    How sad and so preventable.
     
  2. Loading...


  3. Gray

    Gray New Member

    Messages:
    849
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    She turned on the burners and left? That's not very smart. :( I wonder if it was a gas stove... how terrible.
     
  4. t93

    t93 Member

    Messages:
    372
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    How incredibly sad.
     
  5. Blackwatch

    Blackwatch Former Member

    Messages:
    1,313
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    That is sad. I wonder if the burners were on for heat.
     
  6. MeoW333

    MeoW333 New Member

    Messages:
    4,761
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Someone in the article said she left them on for heat. That's crazy especially if your going to leave your 2 toddlers home alone with it on so something nearby can catch on fire. I've heard of people leaving stove doors open for heat; leaving the burners on on you stove is crazy!!
     
  7. Bobbisangel

    Bobbisangel New Member

    Messages:
    11,071
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    How sad. I wonder if she couldn't afford heat? I wonder where she went and why they were left alone. If she was going to leave them alone it's to bad she didn't put them in a crib or something contained. Maybe she did though and something else happened with the stove. She will pay a high price for that mistake for the rest of her life. Talk about guilt.
     
  8. OkieGranny

    OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

    Messages:
    21,517
    Likes Received:
    6
    Trophy Points:
    0
    From June 2009:

    http://www.chron.com/life/mom-houst...r-of-twins-who-died-alone-in-fire-1726270.php

     

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice