Found Deceased TX - Vanessa Melson, 29, Grapeland, 17 June 2015 *Arrests*

I am reading the information from your link. Thank you. I'm having a hard time making heads or tails of it though.

If Mobley was a Federal informant, but yet he beat poor Vanessa to death because he claimed she was a narc to protect his status, he's still a murderer. He supposedly threatened Henderson and Theurer that he would kill them if they told about Vanessa.

How are you reading that penal code?

Not reading it well. I can't make heads or tails out of the charge against Mobley either. I have a few acquaintances around here that are surprised that Mobley has not been charged with VM's murder.

If I could hazard a guess, it would be that VM took drugs of her own free will and overdosed and that Mobley, Henderson and Theurer did nothing to come to her aid, did not call 911 or take her to a hospital.

Taking drugs is a crime.

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/txstatutes/PE/8/36/36.06

(B) person who has reported or who the actor knows intends to report the occurrence of a crime; or
(2) to prevent or delay the service of another as a:
- See more at: http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/txstatutes/PE/8/36/36.06#sthash.BBmGiVoy.d

My Opinion Only.

From February:

http://www.palestineherald.com/news...cle_79b79e1c-d07a-11e5-aa9a-bf38a59c2b85.html

Two men have been indicted by the Houston County grand jury in the Vanessa Melson murder. Robert David Mobley Jr., 40, was indicted on two third-degree felony charges of obstruction or retaliation, and James Henderson, 35, was indicted on the third-degree felony offense of tampering or fabricating evidence.

From May:

http://www.ktre.com/story/31997652/...ion-to-grapeland-woman-found-in-shallow-grave

A Houston County grand jury indicted two of the men arrested in connection to the murder of Vanessa Melson, whose body was found in a shallow grave on July 7, 2015.

Robert David Mobley Jr., of Palestine, and James Eddie Henderson, of Crockett, were both indicted on first-degree felony aggravated kidnapping charges.

The text of Mobley’s indictment states that he abducted Melson and held her “with the intent to inflict bodily injury” on her or “to violate or abuse” her sexually and used a deadly weapon (a club or a stuck) in the commission of the crime.

Going by the aggravated kidnapping charges, it looks to me that Vanessa's autopsy likely revealed the sexual assault and, calling it as I see it, torture.

It pains me to still not see a murder charge, but I am going to hang onto some hope that one or the other will fully give the other one up and a murder charge could be down the road.

Possible that they may have already pointed fingers at one another, but the character of both of them being such that their credibility as witnesses is considerably less than optimal.

The sentence in Texas on a first degree felony is 5-99 or life.

Here's hoping they get life even if the DA is never able to bring a murder charge against either.

I absolutely despise the methamphetamine world these guys inhabited and the unrelenting pain and damage that accompanies it. These two crossed a line for which there should never be any societal redemption, IMO. Redemption between them and their maker can be dealt with in TDCJ.

It is good to see progress on Vanessa's case even though it remains short of what I hope for.

She and others who are brutalized and victimized in that world are deserving of nothing less than the best justice we can bring against despicable characters like these two.

Part 2 of Johnson's story on the 2009 sexual assault on "Penny Jones" (an alias) was due to be published in the July 14 edition of the Messenger.

It is not posted on their FB yet (they no longer have a website), but I figure it will be at some time in the future. Probably sooner rather than later.

Henderson and four other men were indicted for the 2009 rape of "Penny Jones." The charge was dropped against Henderson for "reasons" explained in Johnson's articles.

Brenna Theurer (charged in August 2015 with 3rd degree felony tampering w/evidence in Vanessa's case), is currently an inmate at TDCJ.

https://offender.tdcj.texas.gov/OffenderSearch/index.jsp

Unusual (but not unseen by me in other situations) for TDCJ, her charge, sentence date, length of sentence, and county where sentenced are not listed.

Possibly incarcerated due to the Houston County charge related to Vanessa's death. Also possible it could be an unrelated charge. Don't know, but she is certainly in prison at the present time.

Part 2 of Johnson's story on the 2009 sexual assault on "Penny Jones" (an alias) was due to be published in the July 14 edition of the Messenger.

It is not posted on their FB yet (they no longer have a website), but I figure it will be at some time in the future. Probably sooner rather than later.

Henderson and four other men were indicted for the 2009 rape of "Penny Jones." The charge was dropped against Henderson for "reasons" explained in Johnson's articles.

Part 2 of the article on the sexual assault on "Penny Jones":

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1443102685715410&substory_index=0&id=612461915446162

Part 3 will be published in the July 24 edition of the Grapeland Messenger.

Vanessa's sister, Brandy, is currently missing. She went into the water at Crystal Beach in Galveston to help her 4 yr old son at (1:30pm today)who was having trouble swimming. He reached the shore but she didn't. They are still searching for her.
I really feel for this family!

Vanessa's sister, Brandy, is currently missing. She went into the water at Crystal Beach in Galveston to help her 4 yr old son at (1:30pm today)who was having trouble swimming. He reached the shore but she didn't. They are still searching for her.
I really feel for this family!

Eek! Shark?

Brandy was found, 3 miles from where she went into the water. The rip tides in the gulf are dangerous.
https://www.click2houston.com/news/body-found-in-search-for-woman-missing-near-crystal-beach

GALVESTON, Texas - A body matching the description of a woman who disappeared Monday near Crystal Beach in Galveston County was found Tuesday, according to authorities.

Around 7 a.m. Tuesday, a passerby first found the body that washed ashore about 3 miles west of where Brandy Mosley disappeared.
Galveston County sheriff's deputies said there were several children about 25 feet from the shoreline in the water on Monday. Mosley, 33, was watching her son when she saw him get knocked over by a wave and lose his footing. She went in, grabbed him and handed him to another adult, who helped get the rest of the children out of the water.

When they turned around, Mosley was gone and never resurfaced.

Deputies said a tattoo on the woman's body matched the same location and style as one on the missing mother, however the official identity will be confirmed by the medical examiner's office.

Deputies believe Mosley is from the east Texas area.

Horrific! Prayers for the families! No justice for Vanessa yet.

Prayers for this family after losing another daughter. So tragic.

Horrific! Prayers for the families! No justice for Vanessa yet.

I wonder if there ever will be! I don't think anyone has been charged with her murder yet. Have you heard anything lately?

I wonder if there ever will be! I don't think anyone has been charged with her murder yet. Have you heard anything lately?

Nothing! It is very frustrating! I was told "the county is broke." Not sure if this is holding up the trial, or what the deal is.

Vanessa's sister Brandy dies this week saving her 4yr old from drowning at Crystal Beach, TX. This is so sad what this family has gone thru.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back