TX TX - Wharton Co, CR 225, Fem 14-17, UP82601, Skeletal, shirt w/OHANA & Stitch, jewelry, Jun'21

I am certain that the age range is based on skeletal factors, not the clothing, but just because it came up so frequently in this thread I wanted to stop in to say that I am an adult and have adult children of my own and I have Lilo and Stitch shirts and pajamas. There is nothing about the clothing that tells us how old this person was.
I'm guessing it's based on growth plates and wisdom teeth.

I agree with the clothing not being diagnostic in and of itself. I'm forty-one and wearing a t-shirt referencing a middle-grade (aimed at 10-14 yo) fantasy series right now. But my teeth and bones would tell all!

@Caring1 hey could you post the current NamUs exclusion list for this Jane Doe?

1 Missing Person Exclusion

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs # MP75485Iesha Jackson, Female, Black / African American
Date of Last ContactNovember 4, 2020
StateAR
CountyUnion

Just curious. What makes her stand out to you being a possible match?
16 yo Texas resident (reported as runaway in Dallas by grandmother).

According to linked post:
She was petite, 14 to 17 years old, with dark brown or black hair and still wore Disney cartoon shirts. The character Stitch from “Lilo and Stitch” with the word “OHANA” in blue was still visible as well as the images of coffee mugs and donuts on her shorts. She also wore a lightweight Love Tree brand jacket. No shoes were recovered.

There was nothing else. No purse, no identification, no money, nothing.

From the article above:

“We have been told that DNA testing results will be coming back ... hopefully soon. The remains will be brought back to Wharton County where facial reconstruction will begin with the assistance of the Texas Rangers,” Wharton County Sheriff Shannon Srubar said.

Jane’s badly decomposed body hadn’t been buried, instead she had been left lying in a secluded pasture off CR 225 about two miles south of the CR 216 intersection near Hungerford.

She was petite, 14 to 17 years old, with dark brown or black hair and still wore Disney cartoon shirts. The character Stitch from “Lilo and Stitch” with the word “OHANA” in blue was still visible as well as the images of coffee mugs and donuts on her shorts. She also wore a lightweight Love Tree brand jacket. No shoes were recovered.

There was nothing else. No purse, no identification, no money, nothing.

There are no runaways in Wharton County who have not been accounted for, no nearby missing person cases filed in during the time period which would fit the girl’s description.

The girl suffered multiple gun shot wounds to the head, the only apparent injuries on the body.

Robbery is an unlikely motive as her killer left three gold rings on the girl’s hand. The crime experts say she was killed sometime between September 2020 and March 2021, maybe, that is. No definitive date has been released.

The area where she was found:
View attachment 330785 I never got a response re: status of investigation when I called the Wharton County sheriff's contact (see upthread.

Bumping - still active in Namus

SOURCE
Investigators do not think she is a local girl.

"Currently in Wharton County we don't have any missing persons at all," Wharton County Patrol Capt. B.J. Novak told KHOU 11 Wednesday.

Deputies are now checking for potential matches of missing persons across the region and the U.S.

Investigators say it's possible she was a human trafficking victim brought to Wharton County and her family has no idea.

"You would think by now, especially with those rings that were posted, somebody would recognize those," Novak said.

Anyone who may have information on this case or could identify the girl is urged to call WCSO at (979) 532-1550.

Sorry to bump again but I felt like adding this.
I am a younger person (I don’t want to reveal my exact age) and can verify that a lot (and I mean a lot) of people in my generation / age group wear pajamas as casual wear. To the store, to school, it’s very common to see teenagers / young adults sporting pajamas out and about. So, I’m now curious if the clothes she was found in were her everyday wear. Not like she wore that same outfit every day, more like she wore that style of clothing every day. I feel like she definitely was a teenager.

Sorry to bump again but I felt like adding this.
I am a younger person (I don’t want to reveal my exact age) and can verify that a lot (and I mean a lot) of people in my generation / age group wear pajamas as casual wear. To the store, to school, it’s very common to see teenagers / young adults sporting pajamas out and about. So, I’m now curious if the clothes she was found in were her everyday wear. Not like she wore that same outfit every day, more like she wore that style of clothing every day. I feel like she definitely was a teenager.
Good bump! It seems possible to me too.

In June 2022, a year after her remains were discovered, the local newspaper ran an update:
“The first attempt to pull DNA from the remains was unsuccessful. With that, (the University of) North Texas plans to try again.... Last we checked, this has not happened yet,” Wharton County Sheriff Shannon Srubar said.

"The murdered girl, found June 18, 2021, had dark brown or black hair of at least shoulder length, but due to the level of decomposition, her ethnicity remains unknown. Authorities believe she was killed three to six months before being discovered unburied in a pasture about two miles south of the CR 216 intersection with CR 225 near Hungerford.
"The effort to recover DNA is the first priority, Srubar said, adding after that experts will try a facial reconstruction, trying to create an image of what the girl may have looked like when she still could smile."

The wait for progress or resolution has been short compared to many UIDs but someone is missing a daughter, granddaughter, cousin, or friend - a teenager who should be alive today, not an abandoned victim of a brutal murder.

She was left about 30 minutes south of major U.S. east-west Interstate I-10. She could be from a state along that route.

If DNA efforts are still stalled, it might be a good case for @othram?

MOO

Good bump! It seems possible to me too.

In June 2022, a year after her remains were discovered, the local newspaper ran an update:
“The first attempt to pull DNA from the remains was unsuccessful. With that, (the University of) North Texas plans to try again.... Last we checked, this has not happened yet,” Wharton County Sheriff Shannon Srubar said.

"The murdered girl, found June 18, 2021, had dark brown or black hair of at least shoulder length, but due to the level of decomposition, her ethnicity remains unknown. Authorities believe she was killed three to six months before being discovered unburied in a pasture about two miles south of the CR 216 intersection with CR 225 near Hungerford.
"The effort to recover DNA is the first priority, Srubar said, adding after that experts will try a facial reconstruction, trying to create an image of what the girl may have looked like when she still could smile."

The wait for progress or resolution has been short compared to many UIDs but someone is missing a daughter, granddaughter, cousin, or friend - a teenager who should be alive today, not an abandoned victim of a brutal murder.

She was left about 30 minutes south of major U.S. east-west Interstate I-10. She could be from a state along that route.

If DNA efforts are still stalled, it might be a good case for @othram?

MOO
It does seem plausible that she could be from a state along that route. I’m surprised she hasn’t been identified yet, since she was found so recently. I don’t think she was from Texas. But that’s JMOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back