Identified! TX - Williamson Co., WhtFem 74UFTX, 20-30, 'Cinco de Corona' TShirt, Sep'89 - Sue Ann Huskey

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 74UFTX
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/74uftx.html
NamUs UP Case 4023 https://identifyus.org/cases/4023

74UFTX.jpg
74UFTX1.jpg

Sketches of Victim

# Unidentified White Female Located on September 25, 1989 in Williamson County, Texas.
# The victim was deceased for one to two weeks prior to discovery.
# Cause of Death: Multiple gunshots

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 20 - 30 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'1 - 5'2"; 110 - 120 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: She had straight, light brown hair. Her eye color is undetermined. Petite build. Her right ear was pierced three times and her left ear was pierced twice. She had an appendectomy scar on her abdomen.
* Dentals: Dental charts and fingerprints are available.
* Clothing: She was wearing black knit pants along with the white t-shirt seen below; Cinco De Corona was imprinted on the front and the bottom edges and sleeves of the shirt were cut into strips. She also wore a half t-shirt bra top underneath the t-shirt. The shirt features American Legends and an imprinted Native American logo. She wore bikini panties and no shoes. She also wore an earring and a beaded necklace.

Case History
On September 25, 1989 the victim was found in brush besides Interstate 35 in North Williamson County, Texas.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this woman's identity, please contact:
Texas Department Of Public Safety
800-346-3243
OR
Williamson County Crime Stoppers
800-253-7867
All information may be submitted anonymously.

NCIC Number:
U-383811256

This one caught my attention (1) because her facial structure is spot-on, and (2) because she had her appendix removed (as did the UID).

Joanne Catherine Foley

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2876dfon.html

JCFoley.JPG
74UFTX.jpg

Her vital stats are within reasonable bounds. The lag between Joanne's DLC and the UID's death is about 4 months. The big question would be whether the body was decomposed enough from a 1-2 weeks postmortem interval to not be able to see the devil tattooed on her back.

Also, DoeNet says that Joanne had both a Cesarean scar and an appendectomy scar, whereas NamUs and DoeNet indicate just one scar on the UID.

Namus listed rule-outs:

Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
Tiffany Sessions 1968 Florida

What I found interesting about Joan Marie Butler was her suspected killer , Richard Grissom JR, was arrested in Texas. Now the time line has him arrested on July 7th 1989, which if he dumped Joan around then....the 1-2 week interval of the UID wouldn't add up unless you add several weeks. But this thread deserves a *bump* and Joan's info is here. (NO mention of her height and weight however)

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/butler_joan.html

Richard Grissom Jr was arrested in Dallas. Williamson County is south of Dallas...about 3 hrs.

Doe network listing for Joan http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1342dfks.html

What about this one?

BIRDIE LEONARD
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/8555/45

Matches:
Brown Hair
Texas
Abdomen surgical scar
28 years old
Height/Weight

Unsure of:
Date she went missing (9/11/85)
Chin

**I am new to this area of WS so I am not sure whether to consider that Birdie disappeared 9/11/85 into whether or not a match might work. (If anyone can point me in the right direction/threads on how to make better matches and where my help is needed....please do so! I would really love to help in any way I can but feeling a bit overwhelmed at how many cases there are!) :(

WS member Sam Spade alerted me to this missing woman from Abilene Texas, who doesn't appear on any of the missing persons listings. Meaghan at Charley Project posted the link to The Charley Project facebook page for her last month, but I hadn't noticed.

Deborah Marie Adams

Deborah Marie Adams.jpg

But it occurred to me that with the exception of a slight difference in height, she seems to be a pretty solid possible for Cinco De Corona Jane Doe. Janet Franson (former NamUs regional admin) is on the cold case team that is working on this case. So I gave her a heads up on this. She contacted Deborah's family, and will be following up on this on Monday.

This one caught my attention (1) because her facial structure is spot-on, and (2) because she had her appendix removed (as did the UID).

Joanne Catherine Foley

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2876dfon.html

JCFoley.JPG
74UFTX.jpg

Her vital stats are within reasonable bounds. The lag between Joanne's DLC and the UID's death is about 4 months. The big question would be whether the body was decomposed enough from a 1-2 weeks postmortem interval to not be able to see the devil tattooed on her back.

Also, DoeNet says that Joanne had both a Cesarean scar and an appendectomy scar, whereas NamUs and DoeNet indicate just one scar on the UID.

I don’t see Joanne on the rule outs for this IUD. Thought it seemed like a solid match, Carl.

WS member Sam Spade alerted me to this missing woman from Abilene Texas, who doesn't appear on any of the missing persons listings. Meaghan at Charley Project posted the link to The Charley Project facebook page for her last month, but I hadn't noticed.

Deborah Marie Adams

View attachment 131636

But it occurred to me that with the exception of a slight difference in height, she seems to be a pretty solid possible for Cinco De Corona Jane Doe. Janet Franson (former NamUs regional admin) is on the cold case team that is working on this case. So I gave her a heads up on this. She contacted Deborah's family, and will be following up on this on Monday.

Deborah Adams was ruled out based on fingerprints.

Cinco de Corona Jane Doe is currently at a lab for DNA extraction. If there is useable DNA that passes quality control then she will be a DNA Doe Project case according to their latest post! DDP refers to her as 'Corona Jane Doe.'

Namus listed rule-outs:

Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
Tiffany Sessions 1968 Florida

What I found interesting about Joan Marie Butler was her suspected killer , Richard Grissom JR, was arrested in Texas. Now the time line has him arrested on July 7th 1989, which if he dumped Joan around then....the 1-2 week interval of the UID wouldn't add up unless you add several weeks. But this thread deserves a *bump* and Joan's info is here. (NO mention of her height and weight however)
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/butler_joan.html

Richard Grissom Jr was arrested in Dallas. Williamson County is south of Dallas...about 3 hrs.

Doe network listing for Joan The Doe Network: Case File 1342DFKS

Updated Namus link for Corona Jane: Unidentified Person Case

Two new ruleouts have been added: Hazel Klug and Althea Rogers.

They don't seem to have added either Deborah or Joanne.

Last edited:
Misty Mock seems to have been added to the ruleouts Unidentified Person Case.

MP1100 Hazel Klug 05/20/1986 Henrico VA
MP842 Misty Mock 04/01/1989 Pierce WA
MP9085 Althea Rogers 10/02/1985 Williamson TX
MP974 Patricia Schmidt 06/04/1985 Henrico VA
MP2413 Tiffany Sessions 02/09/1989 Alachua FL

Misty Mock seems to have been added to the ruleouts Unidentified Person Case.

MP1100 Hazel Klug 05/20/1986 Henrico VA
MP842 Misty Mock 04/01/1989 Pierce WA
MP9085 Althea Rogers 10/02/1985 Williamson TX
MP974 Patricia Schmidt 06/04/1985 Henrico VA
MP2413 Tiffany Sessions 02/09/1989 Alachua FL

Thank you. I haven't signed up onto the NamUs site, and I can't see the rule-outs.

Thank you. I haven't signed up onto the NamUs site, and I can't see the rule-outs.

Yeah, lots of people can't, so I'm trying to keep the updated as much as I can.

Misty seems to have been added in just the last month or two. She wasn't there in September when I updated last time.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeo20
Back