TX TX - Wilmer, off I-45, WhtFem 16-20, UP14762, Skeletal, Sz 5 Braxton denim shorts or skirt, Oct'90

What do people think about Debra Marie Adams MP34539 www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/34539?nav as a potential?

Missing from Abilene TX in March 1989? Slightly over age range (21yo), last seen "around" March 1989 and fits the height, weight and ethnicity estimates. Distance is 190mi but on major highways (I'm thinking hitchiking/trucking routes). Reports say she spent a lot of time in Houston and to get there on major highways from Abilene would have involved travelling I-45 where the UID was found. It sounds as though Debra may have had an at-risk lifestyle, since Namus notes she would "call her son or come visit whenever she was in town, but then she stopped all contact".

PMI of the UID was up to 2 years so Debra's tatts would not have been noticeable in all likelihood, if it was her.

Debra's WS thread has been quite active TX - TX - Debra Adams, 20-30, Abilene, 31 Mar 1989
You’re really excited about this one huh? :D it happens to us all! ;)

I think it’s a good potential. The discrepancies are only minor IMO.

What do people think about Debra Marie Adams MP34539 www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/34539?nav as a potential?

Missing from Abilene TX in March 1989? Slightly over age range (21yo), last seen "around" March 1989 and fits the height, weight and ethnicity estimates. Distance is 190mi but on major highways (I'm thinking hitchiking/trucking routes). Reports say she spent a lot of time in Houston and to get there on major highways from Abilene would have involved travelling I-45 where the UID was found. It sounds as though Debra may have had an at-risk lifestyle, since Namus notes she would "call her son or come visit whenever she was in town, but then she stopped all contact".

PMI of the UID was up to 2 years so Debra's tatts would not have been noticeable in all likelihood, if it was her.

Debra's WS thread has been quite active TX - TX - Debra Adams, 20-30, Abilene, 31 Mar 1989

I submitted Debra to DoeNetwork in September 2022. On 29 August 2023 I was advised that there's no match, yet also it's confirmed there's no DNA for these skeletal remains, so I guess she was ruled out through other means:

RULED OUT 5-29-23: Harris County Sheriff's Office The unidentified is only skeletal remains and they are not able to pull DNA from them, so they cannot do a comparison. Also, we believe Ms. Adams met with foul play in Houston area.

It sounds like they were simply unable to compare her to Debra Adams, alhough circumstances suggest they are not the same. It's interesting there's no DNA on this Doe, although one source at the beginning of this page apparently states that there is. If they cannot get this Doe's DNA then that must mean she was cremated and nothing saved or she was buried in some potters field where it would be tough to find her grave.

Or perhaps it means her DNA is very degraded and a lot of work would need to be done on it, like when they work on DNA for genetic genealogy. That can be hard to finance. Aside from the attempt to compare her to Debra Adams, it would be useful to know why DNA is not obtainable for this Jane Doe.

These images of an artist's reconstruction were just added to NAMUS recently. It's clearly an old reconstruction, but I didn't see it posted in this thread yet.

View attachment 441638View attachment 441639
I know investigators were simply working with what techniques and technology existed at the time, but man some of the old clay reconstructions were creepy looking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde
Back