TX Women Requesting Abortions forced to be Probed

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by believe09, Mar 4, 2011.

1. believe09

believe09 Active Member

Welcome to one of the most egregious cases of invasion of privacy I have EVER READ in my adult life. Sponsored by the government that is.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110304/us_nm/us_texas_abortion

It doesnt matter which side of the abortion fence you are on, would you actually consider a law to be legitimate that requires any woman considering an abortion to be TRANSVAGINALLY PROBED for an ultra sound 24-72 hours prior to the procedure and forced to engage in a discussion with the technician or physician on what the pictures show and to listen to the baby's heartbeat?

Heads up, MALE politicians in TX-women are far from the dark ages. We do actually know the stages of development of a fetus. We are completely aware of what a child in developement looks like and when the heartbeat can be heard. We dont need to be coached by you regarding this subject.

This is such a pressing issue that you have set aside, let's see, trying to improve the education system in TX which ranks you at the bottom of the United States..48th or 49th IIRC? Healthcare for your citizens, illegal immigration, environmental pollution rates, infrastructure...

Are you KIDDING me? Please tell me this is some kind of viral internet JOKE.

Rant over. For now.
    :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

2. Loading...

3. peeples

peeples New Member

Ok I don't agree with it AT ALLL! I'm pro choice very much!!

I can see 1 good thing coming out of it though and that is it will make sure the pregnancy it in the uterus and NOT an ectopic which if it bursts can kill women.

4. Kat

Kat Kind words do not cost much

Interesting amendment to the bill believe09 posted in the first post.

I'm seriously scratchin my noggin on what these politicians are thinking?

ETA: Link

http://www.elpasotimes.com/ci_17535392

5. southcitymom

southcitymom New Member

Are these (male) politicians senile? I don't even know where to begin to express how ridiculous this "emergency" bill is......:banghead:

6. Quiche

Quiche New Member

Absurd! GMAB. :mad:

7. not_my_kids

not_my_kids New Member

Ya know, one of these days, my uterus will actually be so offended that it's gonna march up the courthouse steps whether I go with it or not...

Absolutely disgusting...and you have to consider men's rights as well, when it comes to basically forced sterilization at a woman's request. Is that how they figure to balance the violation of women's rights?

8. crystalgenie

crystalgenie New Member

To all politicians:

Please stay out of my uterus. My vagina and my uterus are mine, not yours! How I use the aforementioned body parts are my business.

Signed: Me

BTW: Are they going to round up the sperm donors for this probe and discussion?

9. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

As long as every politician who legislates more abortion laws adopts the baby of a young teenage mom or a rape victim...