UID Victim: Toddler's Mother, Peaches, found Hempstead Lake State Park June 1997 #4

Originally, back in the beginning of this whole case (circa ~2010-2012 or so), it was speculated that the two cases were very possibly related, and in fact, very likely they indeed were. However, since that time, law enforcement has ruled it out. There is no information as to how/why they ruled it out, but in my estimation, it's indicative of the very likely fact that law enforcement and/or the other investigative authorities (such as the FBI) have a lot more information on both of these cases than the public is privy to know.
Could you please provide a source that says that law enforcement has ruled out a connection? I had not read that anywhere.

That said, the victimology doesn't quite line up between the two cases. The oldest identified LISK victim (Amber Costello) was 27 at the time of her death. John Bittrolff's two confirmed victims were 20 and 31.

Two of the Atlantic City victims were in their early twenties, but one was 35 and one was 42. That latter victim in particular seems to have been well outside the range of the LISK/Bittrolff (who are the same person as far as I'm concerned).

There also doesn't seem to have been the same level of effort to conceal the bodies. To be fair, if Bittrolff killed some victims far from home, he might not have gone to the same effort to hide them as he did with the ones near his home.

They found DNA under the fingernails of the last Atlantic City victim (Kim Raffo). Genetic genealogy on that DNA might be the best bet for solving that case.

Originally, back in the beginning of this whole case (circa ~2010-2012 or so), it was speculated that the two cases were very possibly related, and in fact, very likely they indeed were. However, since that time, law enforcement has ruled it out. There is no information as to how/why they ruled it out, but in my estimation, it's indicative of the very likely fact that law enforcement and/or the other investigative authorities (such as the FBI) have a lot more information on both of these cases than the public is privy to know.
Thank you for your reply. It's a shame that so many cases of murdered prostitutes in this country go unsolved.

Thank you for your reply. It's a shame that so many cases of murdered prostitutes in this country go unsolved.
Yes, it is. Unfortunately they are viewed as easy victims by predators, particularly the perception that they are most likely estranged from family, friends etc.

But DNA has come along way in the last nine years. And I believe that LE is being particularly tight lipped about what they already know in relation to DNA of previously unidentified Gilgo victims, particularly Peaches. After all, Parabon labs seems to work pretty quickly, so it is safe to assume that Peaches identity (and her daughter’s) are already known.

Sadly, sex workers are easy prey for sexual predators.

Serial killers tend to select victims are accessible, vulnerable, and desirable.

Sex workers automatically fit 2/3 of those by default. From their perspective, it's easier to pick up a girl turning tricks than it is to try and abduct someone off the side of a road.

Tiffany Susan Westford

Tiffany disappeared from Amityville, New York on November 13, 1993. She was abducted by her non-custodial mother, Marie Catherine Dominique. Is there a chance she was not abducted by her mother, but that they both met with foul play? Or perhaps her mother did abduct her, though they met their demise later? Mom previously was a CNA, but if she was wanted for custody interference, she would not be able to get certified. Perhaps she turned towards other means to make ends meet?

One 16" gold colored chain and two gold colored hoop earrings were discovered with the child found at Gilgo Beach. Tiffany had pierced ears and those look like hoops in that picture?

Sorry about photo quality...

Screen Shot 2023-07-15 at 10.03.33 PM.png

Tiffany Susan Westford – The Charley Project Tiffany

UID

Screen Shot 2023-07-15 at 10.04.57 PM.png

*Is there a thread specifically for the toddler?
Article 2011:
The blanketed body of the youngest victim, a girl no older than 32 months, has been connected to another of the victims: a woman whose partial remains were found seven miles to the west near Ocean Parkway on April 11, Suffolk County police officials said Tuesday. They added that it was quite likely that the woman was the toddler’s mother.

The partial remains of another woman, also discovered on April 11 near Jones Beach, matched the DNA of two severed legs found in a black plastic garbage bag on Fire Island nearly 15 years earlier, on April 20, 1996.

A sketch of a woman whose remains were found along Ocean Parkway.Suffolk County Police Department, via Associated Press
And another woman, whose head and hands were found along Ocean Parkway, has been positively linked to remains found in Manorville, about 40 miles to the east.
The African American woman’s partial remains were first discovered in Hempstead Lake State Park back in 1997, and she had become known as “Peaches” because of a bitten tattoo of a peach on her left breast.

Jane Doe No. 7

The locations where eight of 10 bodies were found near Gilgo Beach since December 2010The remains of an unidentified woman were found 15 years apart on Fire Island and along Ocean Parkway. She is known only as “Jane Doe No. 7.”

Last edited:
*Is there a thread specifically for the toddler?
Article 2011:
The blanketed body of the youngest victim, a girl no older than 32 months, has been connected to another of the victims: a woman whose partial remains were found seven miles to the west near Ocean Parkway on April 11, Suffolk County police officials said Tuesday. They added that it was quite likely that the woman was the toddler’s mother.

The partial remains of another woman, also discovered on April 11 near Jones Beach, matched the DNA of two severed legs found in a black plastic garbage bag on Fire Island nearly 15 years earlier, on April 20, 1996.

A sketch of a woman whose remains were found along Ocean Parkway.Suffolk County Police Department, via Associated Press
And another woman, whose head and hands were found along Ocean Parkway, has been positively linked to remains found in Manorville, about 40 miles to the east.
The African American woman’s partial remains were first discovered in Hempstead Lake State Park back in 1997, and she had become known as “Peaches” because of a bitten tattoo of a peach on her left breast.

Jane Doe No. 7

The locations where eight of 10 bodies were found near Gilgo Beach since December 2010The remains of an unidentified woman were found 15 years apart on Fire Island and along Ocean Parkway. She is known only as “Jane Doe No. 7.”

here is the toddler’s thread:

here is the toddler’s thread:

Awesome @JerseyGirl I know if anyone knew, you would. I should have reported on my post and asked. Thank you. There are various threads here referencing the LISK, so I’m glad your a super organizer.

Any updates?
Seem to remember a press conference mentioning hoping to ID her within weeks... that was a few months ago.
Still thinking about Peaches (and her child)!
Beyond the sadness and compassion I feel for all of the victims and their loved ones, I am most touched by the deaths of Peaches and the little toddler. It's fair to surmise that each victim at some time, in some manner, and for whatever reason, survived an injury that left her (and him) with a broken heart and a wounded spirit, devoid of self-worth and vulnerable. But none so much as Peaches, in my view. And, admittedly, I'm expressing a very subjective observation. Yet, I'm far from naive, and through my eyes -- barring abduction -- a mother who would place her life's child in such jeopardy is either highly disturbed or so desperate to survive that she would grasp on to the slightest promise of sustenance for her child and herself.

Sadly, I think she lived a tragic life that was marred by family issues and addiction. She may have even spent time in the foster system. I've heard reports that her DNA relatives in Alabama didn't know of her existence. If she was a sex worker who brought her child with her while seeing clients, then she was obviously in a very bad place in her life.

I don’t think she was a sex worker, instead I believe she was a victim of circumstance. Peaches was killed at a time when LISK trawled the streets so perhaps he approached at a bus or train stop, solicited, was told she wasn’t a working girl, he apologized and offered her a ride, she accepted, and here we are.

I also suspect her identity is right under someone’s nose and they don’t realize it. She had a light complexion, may have been biracial, and could have been from one of the multicultural communities comprising Queens.

It seems to me a documentary showing the successful identification - through the toiling of researchers - of this victim would be a whole lot more interesting than some other documentaries we've heard about.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back