UK - Gary & Joshua Dunmore, 57 & 32, Found Shot, Cambridgeshire, 29 March 2023 *arrests*

StillDiggin

Reaction score
Police have launched murder investigations after two men were shot dead in villages.

Gunshots were heard in Meridian Close, Bluntisham in Cambridgeshire just after 9pm on Wednesday, with police arriving to find the body of a 32-year-old man with a gunshot wound.

Just over half an hour later and around six miles away, police were called to Sutton, near Ely, to more reports of gunshots.

A 57-year-old man was found dead at the property in The Row with gunshot wounds.

Cambridgeshire Police said both men's deaths are being treated as 'targeted' murders and neither have been identified.

Three people were arrested in the early hours of Thursday on suspicion of conspiracy to murder.

A 27-year-old man and a 33-year-old woman were arrested in Cambridge, while a 66-year-old man was arrested in the Worcester area.

A car that was believed to have been used by the offender, a white Peugeot 208, and a shotgun have been recovered.

The properties in Meridian Close and The Row have been cordoned off and police officers remain at the scenes.

"It's been widely reported in the media that this may relate to a custody battle," he said. "I can confirm that is an active line of inquiry for us."

I saw him talking about that on Sky News, I really hope not, or whatever child is involved has now lost both their parents.

Josh Dunmore, 32, and his dad Gary, 57, who were shot in their own homes on Wednesday (March 29). It's believed their killing was in connection to a custody case centred around Josh’s son.

Samantha Stephen, her husband Paul Stephen - a serviceman from Ohio who works for the US Airforce based at RAF Mildenhall in Suffolk - and her father Stephen Alderton are being questioned by detectives after the killing of her former partner Joshua Dunmore and his father Gary Dunmore.

I just saw this and came to see if there was a thread.
Wow. No words. Sooo selfish first of all… of course the child should not have to move across the ocean when he has a caring and involved father. :(

US serviceman and Brit wife suspects arrested for double shooting

US serviceman and Brit wife suspects arrested for double shooting

Samantha Stephen, her husband Paul Stephen - a serviceman from Ohio who works for the US Airforce based at RAF Mildenhall in Suffolk - and her father Stephen Alderton are being questioned by detectives after the killing of her former partner Joshua Dunmore and his father Gary Dunmore.

A British woman and her US serviceman husband have been released by police following their arrest along with her father over the 'targeted' double shooting of her ex-lover and his father in a row over custody of her son, MailOnline can exclusively reveal.

Suspect Stephen Alderton, 66, confirmed his vital information at Huntingdon Magistrates' Court.

A hearing will take place at Cambridge Crown Court on Monday.

Post-mortem examinations will take place at Peterborough City Hospital on Monday.

Is this the only thread on this? I expected it to be causing a bigger stir!

Such a horrible loss for the family, and that poor, poor child. Whatever the facts turn out to be it’s going to be a heavy burden for him to grow up with all this hanging over him.

I wonder if this now leaves the child’s mother and her new partner free to move the child to the States? If that was the accused’s intention, I suppose it might explain why the grandfather was also targeted - leaving no direct family to legally object.

Have to say, when I heard that her partner was American and (ex?) military I assumed he would be the firearm connection, but today’s news proves me wrong.

Always interesting to see an accused “of no fixed abode” as well.

Is this the only thread on this? I expected it to be causing a bigger stir!

Such a horrible loss for the family, and that poor, poor child. Whatever the facts turn out to be it’s going to be a heavy burden for him to grow up with all this hanging over him.

I wonder if this now leaves the child’s mother and her new partner free to move the child to the States? If that was the accused’s intention, I suppose it might explain why the grandfather was also targeted - leaving no direct family to legally object.

Have to say, when I heard that her partner was American and (ex?) military I assumed he would be the firearm connection, but today’s news proves me wrong.

Always interesting to see an accused “of no fixed abode” as well.
I wonder too about the move. It’s quite convenient then.
I foresee some dots being connected as to motive but maybe the accused will take it on fully himself - and maybe he planned and did it fully himself… but I doubt it IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back