UK - Actor Kevin Spacey accused of making sexual advances, 12 charges against 4 boys *acquitted in 2023*

I think it is very interesting that House of Cards is canceled with this allegation (I believe it happened but it is still an allegation), while heterosexual assaults have not yielded canceled shows. I guess my question is, if this was a heterosexual assault would the show go? I hope so.

I read that the powers that be at House of Cards are saying it is not related to the accusations.

Multiple sources confirm, however, that the decision to bring
HoC to an end was made months ago and was not in response to the allegations. (A Netlix rep confirms this.)

From http://tvline.com/2017/10/30/house-of-cards-ending-cancelled-season-6-kevin-spacey/

And the cancellation is after this current season, Season 6, I believe, so Spacey will still be filming for this season.

Superfans maybe?

We're big Anthony Rapp fans as we thought he did an outstanding job as Mark in Rent on Broadway <3 I agree and I also do not think he is lying. I believe and stand by Anthony!

Loved him in Rent! We're big Anthony Rapp fans too.

It goes both ways.

I'm not even a Spacey fan, btw. Just interesting to see so many immediate knee jerk reactions.

If Spacey is indeed guilty, I hope he's punished and his career is ruined.

Kevin Spacey’s International Emmy Founders Award Revoked Amid Allegation He Made a Sexual Advance on Teen Actor

The International Academy of Television Arts and Sciences announced Monday that it will not present Kevin Spacey with its 2017 International Emmy Founders Award.

“The International Academy has announced today that in light of recent events it will not honor Kevin Spacey with the 2017 International Emmy Founders Award,” the organization said in a statement.

The most interesting thing to me is what is missing in his response. A normal person's response to an accusation like this would be to loudly and forcefully say they are NOT attracted to children. KS hasn't said that. Yuck.

And the cancellation is after this current season, Season 6, I believe, so Spacey will still be filming for this season.

&#8216;House Of Cards&#8217;: Production On Netflix Series Suspended Indefinitely Following Kevin Spacey Allegations

&#8220;MRC and Netflix have decided to suspend production on House of Cards season six, until further notice, to give us time to review the current situation and to address any concerns of our cast and crew,&#8221; the two companies said in a joint statement to Deadline.

I'm honestly curious - How is it that EVERYONE automatically believes this Anthony Rapp fellow?

Kevin Spaceys ways are well known in Hollywood. There are no secrets there, just secrets to the general public. Did you see that clip from Family Guy?

Loved him in Rent! We're big Anthony Rapp fans too. When I talked to my daughter she reminded me he was also in "Adventures in Babysitting."

rawImage.jpg

(We had an 80s film fest a few summers ago.)

http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/27/64/32/6243980/5/rawImage.jpg

attachment.php

Dazed and Confused!!!!!!!

Two of my favorite movies.

Honestly its so prevalent in the entertainment industry half the time when you are young you just think the men are creeps and move on. Once you are older, you understand their power and control and what they were actually saying, doing, and how they were trying to manipulate you.

I used to act, it happened to me. I left the industry because of how filthy and unsafe it was. Did I report anyone? No, there was no point. Who do you report a producer of a big TV show too? The cops? They laugh it off....the city makes too much money on their productions. I was offered a lead role in exchange for sexual favours but I refused. Didn't get the role, now that's Entertainment for ya.

Netflix Explores ‘House of Cards’ Spinoff Amid Kevin Spacey Controversy
by Associated Press

LOS ANGELES — Netflix is exploring a "House of Cards" spinoff as the show's final season nears amid controversy surrounding star Kevin Spacey.

The streaming channel, which reportedly is weighing different concepts for the spinoff, said Monday that the upcoming sixth season will be the last for "House of Cards."

The announcement of the Emmy-winning political satire's end came amid fallout from Spacey's alleged sexual advances toward a 14-year-old actor in the 1980s. But Netflix had already decided to end the show and was pursuing a spinoff...

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture...spinoff-amid-kevin-spacey-controversy-n815906

We're big Anthony Rapp fans as we thought he did an outstanding job as Mark in Rent on Broadway <3

I agree and I also do not think he is lying. Spacey isn't saying he didn't do it, lol.
I believe and stand by Anthony!

How lucky for you to have seen RENT on Broadway! I love that show; have seen it twice.

Seeing as how Spacey didn't deny the allegations, "came out" as living as a gay man, and now with HofC being suspended.... just guessing but I would bet there are more accusers ready to speak out.

I think he's also using it as a shield, like it's some sort of protection - he thinks can use this because coming out is sacred, who would dare attack him at the same time? He got that wrong.

And "choosing" to live as a gay man isn't exactly coming out anyway.

Yes, that "choosing to live as a gay man" is an odd way to tell the world you are gay.
Could it really mean he is a pedophile who likes little boys and being a gay man is his cover? I have seen that before.

C'mon Hollywood, time to take out the garbage. I hope Corey Feldman finally reveals some truths. It's time.

Yes, that "choosing to live as a gay man" is an odd way to tell the world you are gay.
Could it really mean he is a pedophile who likes little boys and being a gay man is his cover? I have seen that before.

C'mon Hollywood, time to take out the garbage. I hope Corey Feldman finally reveals some truths. It's time.

If so that's disgusting because it plays on an old offensive stereotype that gays have been dealing with since forever, and Spacey knows that.

Poor Corey. For YEARS he's told his story and no one has paid attention. I hope he speaks up now too. I think we can count on hearing from others.

If so that's disgusting because it plays on an old offensive stereotype that gays have been dealing with since forever, and Spacey knows that.

Poor Corey. For YEARS he's told his story and no one has paid attention. I hope he speaks up now too. I think we can count on hearing from others.

Unfortunately, I don't think Corey's words will hold much weight with most people. He's gone a little too 'weird', I think, for people to take him seriously.

Unfortunately, I don't think Corey's words will hold much weight with most people. He's gone a little too 'weird', I think, for people to take him seriously.

I don't think he is "weird".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stupot77
Back