UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m going guilty for sure . What I don’t understand and maybe it will become clearer once there’s a verdict , that’s why did the accused say Tm walked towards shore rd ? Is that not the opposite direction from where she was staying , at the grandparents?

I’m going guilty for sure . What I don’t understand and maybe it will become clearer once there’s a verdict , that’s why did the accused say Tm walked towards shore rd ? Is that not the opposite direction from where she was staying , at the grandparents?

From what i gather the bus shelter (where the supposed rendezvous happened) that was mentioned wasn't the one directly across from the MacPhail house (forensics appear to have swabbed three different ones) - it was further north, so both parties would be travelling south from there to go home, which means TM could have walked down Shore Road.

From what i gather the bus shelter (where the supposed rendezvous happened) that was mentioned wasn't the one directly across from the MacPhail house (forensics appear to have swabbed three different ones) - it was further north, so both parties would be travelling south from there to go home, which means TM could have walked down Shore Road.

In the wrong direction she would have been caught on the same cctv and why not walk along high road Ardbeg Road shorter way back

Doesn't the fact that they swabbed all the bus shelters in the area suggest that they knew about the "I shagged TM in a bus shelter" defence before the start of the trial?

I think, as Beseeingyou said, there were only 3.
If they were all along the route which the police have mapped out as being the most likely route taken by the person who took Alesha that night, then it would make sense to swab them for evidence, in case he had stopped at one or other of them for a minute or two.

Although I think hes likely guilty I dont find the evidence damning..presumably the jury will have a much better feel of it than us and will have heard more evidence..and of course any locals with prior knowledge may well be tearing their hair out reading posts like this

To me the only thing damning is his DNA at her wrists and face and neck...everything else ...albeit far fetched at times has been explained away.

The witness saying her dad and T were up outside " arguing" the night she went missing is quite a catch for the defence as the other witnesses placing them as "liars"

Although I think hes likely guilty I dont find the evidence damning..presumably the jury will have a much better feel of it than us and will have heard more evidence..and of course any locals with prior knowledge may well be tearing their hair out reading posts like this

To me the only thing damning is his DNA at her wrists and face and neck...everything else ...albeit far fetched at times has been explained away.

The witness saying her dad and T were up outside " arguing" the night she went missing is quite a catch for the defence as the other witnesses placing them as "liars"

Did they mention DNA being found on her face ? I'm not sure they did. That stood out to me. There was mention of smothering over the nose and mouth but i'm pretty sure it wasn't stated that DNA was found on that area. Could be wrong though !

Did they mention DNA being found on her face ? I'm not sure they did. That stood out to me. There was mention of smothering over the nose and mouth but i'm pretty sure it wasn't stated that DNA was found on that area. Could be wrong though !
DNA traces matching the teenager were also found on Alesha's face, neck, ankles, knees, and right hand, totalling 14 separate traces, the court heard.

DNA matching boy, 16, is found on Alesha MacPhail body, court hears | Daily Mail Online

Playing devils advocate here... Say tomorrow the defence show evidence that TM and the accused did have the FWB affair in 2017 and this proved she lied on the stand. How do we think this will influence the jury?
Bustia, if this is proven then it shows a lack of credibility on behalf of the witness, in this case, T.M. When a lack of credibility is shown, evidence of said person is then thrown into disrepute, even if other parts of their evidence is factual and accurate. Another reason for bringing witnesses forward to state that T.M.'s relationship with R.M. was other than what she has stated on the stand also throws the question of credibility.

I found it telling that that the defence had no evidence at all about the alleged affair between TM and the accused. Given their age someone would have known about this IMO, especially on a small island. No evidence of texts, social media correspondence.

Well all
This case has highlighted to me is criminals need not worry about social media as the keystone cops haven’t a clue. I’m actually furious as a taxpayer that they are so incompetent. A case as important as this and they don’t have the resources.

I found it telling that that the defence had no evidence at all about the alleged affair between TM and the accused. Given their age someone would have known about this IMO, especially on a small island. No evidence of texts, social media correspondence.

Someone may well have known - it doesn't mean that they would definitely want to admit to knowing where a murder trial is concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekakay420