UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the bit I have a problem with, if his only intention was to go to their flat and buy/steal drugs, why does he go the opposite direction from their flat when he first leaves his house? If he had no intentions of doing anything to Alesha then why the need to make it look like he’s going another way instead of going the most direct route to get there?

This is why I think it wasn’t him carrying her along the shore road and he was off to meet whoever it was that was carrying her...so he was definitely involved, probably was the one who killed her, but I feel she was given to him rather than him take her from her house..

We haven’t seen the CCTV of him leaving the house have we?

I thought the description in court said he walked towards Rothesay?

"Of course, we cannot know how smoking cannabis at a formative stage of his development affected Campbell’s state of mind.

However, from the sort of sick computer games he played, we can hazard a good guess the internet played some part in this horrific case."

Some of these journalists are something else honestly. I think they get paid to out sensationalise each other.

This is the bit I have a problem with, if his only intention was to go to their flat and buy/steal drugs, why does he go the opposite direction from their flat when he first leaves his house? If he had no intentions of doing anything to Alesha then why the need to make it look like he’s going another way instead of going the most direct route to get there?

This is why I think it wasn’t him carrying her along the shore road and he was off to meet whoever it was that was carrying her...so he was definitely involved, probably was the one who killed her, but I feel she was given to him rather than him take her from her house..
His mum said in court the cctv showed him going in the direction of the MacPhail house.

Yeah I noticed this. But someone made a very good point earlier that he would be aware of the CCTV so was possibly acting calmly for that benefit.

At the point at the end, he might have thought he was out of shot by then.
That wouldn't explain him running at the front of the house though as surely he knew there was a camera there also. I think either he didn't know the cameras were recording or he just never thought it would come to his Mum checking the footage. I think it's possible he didn't think the cameras were running.

That wouldn't explain him running at the front of the house though as surely he knew there was a camera there also. I think either he didn't know the cameras were recording or he just never thought it would come to his Mum checking the footage. I think it's possible he didn't think the cameras were running.

Maybe he thought after his grandmother passed away the CCTV wasn't being used anymore.

What if T&A did meet and Alesha followed?

Her feet were clean,and she went to bed not wearing socks also it's not very likely that a 6 year old would just quietly follow someone,my 6yr old would have asked a million questions about where I was going before I'd even got a shoe on!. An older,suspicious child may silently follow to see what they could find out but not a 6yr old IMO

His mum said in court the cctv showed him going in the direction of the MacPhail house.
Yip, totally missed this part of it!! And the CCTV doesn’t even show him leaving at 2am.. I think I’m still half asleep! Luckily I’m not in LE as I’d be a mega fail!

Maybe he thought after his grandmother passed away the CCTV wasn't being used anymore.

Yeh I think this makes sense. I just think if he knew those cameras were capturing what he was up to then there's no way he would've been so blatant coming in and out and changing clothing and going out with torches...and surely he could entered his property from the very back each time and avoided both cameras if he knew what they were capturing.

Here's a question.

I know a lot has been reported in the press about the murderer. While most or all of it may be true, I approach it with caution, if only because it's effectively impossible to libel a convicted murderer, so if a journalist (even a good one) can simply get one person to assert something, apparently in good faith, then the journalist can then report it as a matter of fact. It's a different standard than would apply in the case of someone 'of good reputation', where much more effort would need to be made to 'stand up' potentially libelous material. Thus anyone who's purely out to gain clicks can print more or less what they like.

Similarly, having lived in a number of small communities, I am pretty sure that while people may well have a good sense of who's basically good or bad news, there is also the danger that gossip and hearsay gets blown up into 'fact', some of which may turn out not to be entirely accurate. So again, while local rumour may be right, it's best to approach it with a degree of caution.

What I want to know, then, is whether A has any previous outstanding charges or convictions - or indeed whether it is possible for us to know this, or whether, due to his youth, there is still a residual reporting restriction on charges and / or convictions. The reason I ask is that he himself apparently said something along the lines of 'the police always blame me for everything' - but is there any evidence that he was ever actually in trouble with the law?

Otherwise, it seems odd that he could have half-drowned someone, tortured animals, frequently carried a knife, sexually abused a minor and shown others visual evidence of that abuse, etc, etc - with all of these activities apparently well-known locally - and yet, by all accounts, to have carried on what looks like quite a normal social life, complete with friends, girlfriends, parties, school and so forth.

Just to be clear, I completely accept the guilty verdict, based on strong forensic evidence. But none of us likes the idea of living in a random universe where innocent children can be murdered for no reason, so I guess it's human nature to try to make sense of how and why it all happened. And personally, when it comes to the 'how and why', there are still a few things that remain unclear to me.

That’s true.

I think it’s possible there is actually some truth in the lost phone. Rewatching, the time he leaves topless and no shoes on - there’s isn’t a real sense of urgency other than that he’s walking on stones in bare feet. So it makes me think he’s got back in the house and realised something that then makes him run out. Just MOO.

Here's a question.
Otherwise, it seems odd that he could have half-drowned someone, tortured animals, frequently carried a knife, sexually abused a minor and shown others visual evidence of that abuse, etc, etc - with all of these activities apparently well-known locally - and yet, by all accounts, to have carried on what looks like quite a normal social life, complete with friends, girlfriends, parties, school and so forth.

In Scotland, being a grass carries a huge, huge stigma... I have seen it growing up in Glasgow, being a grass can get worse reactions than committing certain crimes, now what other things he done people were aware of I don't know for sure but assume they were not considered as bad enough to be labeled a grass for reporting it.

That’s true.

I think it’s possible there is actually some truth in the lost phone. Rewatching, the time he leaves topless and no shoes on - there’s isn’t a real sense of urgency other than that he’s walking on stones in bare feet. So it makes me think he’s got back in the house and realised something that then makes him run out. Just MOO.

Yeh there's a few possibilities. I think it's interesting that when he returns the first time he is wearing a t-shirt and dark trousers. This is different to the dark top and light jogging bottoms he was said to have gone out in no? I really want to see the video of him going out in the first place...as well as the argument with his Mum. Has he gone with the intention of taking Alesha and worn two layers of clothing knowing that he was going to have to dispose of the top and jogging bottoms??

In Scotland, being a grass carries a huge, huge stigma... I have seen it growing up in Glasgow, being a grass can get worse reactions than committing certain crimes, now what other things he done people were aware of I don't know for sure but assume they were not considered as bad enough to be labeled a grass for reporting it.

I think this is very valid.

Plus it's a very small place and you're surrounded by water. If you bring something up about someone you've not only got them, there's family members, friends, neighbours. It's not like you can hop in a car and go to the next town for your shopping to avoid them. We've got two Co-Ops and a Londis. You're going to bump into them or someone who knows them. And if you're 'spreading rumours' then there's a good chance someone else could find something to say about you (true or not).

Just as there's always someone else who will repeat it, there'll be someone who dismisses it and someone who believes it. I think it muddies the waters.

Missed this first time round, but, yes. I and others I've known have been labelled grasses and been harassed badly. And that was when I was a victim in the initial crime, not even an observer! So even being a victim and going to the police can be seen as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500