GUILTY UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about my past posts and how they have all mostly been about trying to understand AC and being bewildered by it all (to say the least!)
I want to balance them by saying that how in this world, an innocent wee girl who the day before was playing and laughing and doing six -year old things can be taken away in such an awful way by another human being.
I suppose it is back to him again - and control and the sheer arrogant part of that which makes my blood boil.
That point, and regardless of his mental state (whether it's madness or not) when he said I'm going to carry this despicable atrocity out is astounding.
Rest easy sweet girl.

I've been thinking about my past posts and how they have all mostly been about trying to understand AC and being bewildered by it all (to say the least!)
I want to balance them by saying that how in this world, an innocent wee girl who the day before was playing and laughing and doing six -year old things can be taken away in such an awful way by another human being.
I suppose it is back to him again - and control and the sheer arrogant part of that which makes my blood boil.
That point, and regardless of his mental state (whether it's madness or not) when he said I'm going to carry this despicable atrocity out is astounding.
Rest easy sweet girl.

I think the reason people like you and I might think/speak/type more of Aaron than Alesha is that our thoughts and feelings for Alesha are absolute and obvious to us. There is no doubt or things to try and figure out where Alesha is concerned - just sadness heartbreak, unending empathy for her and her loved ones.

Aaron on the other hand, gives us SO much to think about and try and understand. There are a million questions to ask where he's concerned.

I think the reason people like you and I might think/speak/type more of Aaron than Alesha is that our thoughts and feelings for Alesha are absolute and obvious to us. There is no doubt or things to try and figure out where Alesha is concerned - just sadness heartbreak, unending empathy for her and her loved ones.

Aaron on the other hand, gives us SO much to think about and try and understand. There are a million questions to ask where he's concerned.
Absolutely, it's just simply trying to get your around it.

Totally this.

It's hard to make sense of it, because you can't make sense of it.

How can a child do that to another child.

You hear it all the time adults commiting crimes like this but not a child they are so rare.

I just think of the waste of life, Alesha gone and her family in tatters is obviously the worst part of all of this.

But on the flip side you have a 16 year old boy who's life is also wasted (obviously rightly so he deserves all he gets) but what drives a child to do that? Then there is his sister also that has been caught up in all this through no fault of her own.

I know people say blame the parents of AC and to some degree they may be right but even good parents can breed bad kids (bad parents can also breed amazing children).

I just think this situation could have happened to any one of us, from either viewpoint.

My ultimate thoughts are with Alesha and her family though as they should be.

Totally this.

It's hard to make sense of it, because you can't make sense of it.

How can a child do that to another child.

You hear it all the time adults commiting crimes like this but not a child they are so rare.

I just think of the waste of life, Alesha gone and her family in tatters is obviously the worst part of all of this.

But on the flip side you have a 16 year old boy who's life is also wasted (obviously rightly so he deserves all he gets) but what drives a child to do that? Then there is his sister also that has been caught up in all this through no fault of her own.

I know people say blame the parents of AC and to some degree they may be right but even good parents can breed bad kids (bad parents can also breed amazing children).

I just think this situation could have happened to any one of us, from either viewpoint.

My ultimate thoughts are with Alesha and her family though as they should be.

Yeah after looking at it from other angles I feel sad for J. Even if she did have a drinking problem that doesn’t mean she’s responsible for her son turning into a child rapist murderer. I’m sure it’s something she has to live with for the rest of her life wondering if she contributed to how her son turned out. He’s a psychopath, they are born not made. I actually feel for everyone involved. It’s ruined so many more lives other than the obvious.

Take him shopping - i think they would be safer letting him out in polmonts communal area than livi centre at the moment.

On a serious note - i’m so glad this is the star rag. That tells me it’s as truthful as the digger.

He won't be taken out shopping, but he will have a far more comfortable time in prison than most inmates because he will be separated from the mainstream population. That being said, a narcissistic psychopath like AC might struggle to cope with solitary confinement, since they're usually driven by the thrill of manipulating other people.

Yeah after looking at it from other angles I feel sad for J. Even if she did have a drinking problem that doesn’t mean she’s responsible for her son turning into a child rapist murderer. I’m sure it’s something she has to live with for the rest of her life wondering if she contributed to how her son turned out. He’s a psychopath, they are born not made. I actually feel for everyone involved. It’s ruined so many more lives other than the obvious.

While I agree that psychopathy is a congenital deficiency, I have a hard time believing that she was totally ignorant to the true nature of her son. The rape and murder of AM was undoubtedly the endpoint of a cumulative process that would have been preceded by other, comparatively small-scale acts, for instance the torturing of cats. If some of the rumours about AC are true - like the claim that he buried cats in the garden of the family's house - then there can be little doubt that she was cognisant of her son's total lack of empathy and capacity for arbitrary destruction. Nevertheless, I don't blame her for the actions of AC, because it would be difficult for anyone, let alone his own mother, to believe that he was capable of committing such an appalling and aberrant crime.

It's been hard following these threads since alesha got taken. I have followed loads of cases and alesha's will be one of them that I never stop thinking about.
For those that followed cherish periwinkle s case, alesha's murder and rape reminds me so much of little cherish. But the court case there went through every injury that little girl went through and it shattered me. I had nightmares for over a week.
I am so glad it wasn't told what alesha went through, but I still just imagine it was the same and still had nightmares anyway.

AC is exactly where he needs to be and I just cannot comprehend the ideas about "set ups" and coverups . Do people really believe that a judge, psychologists and social services would really lie about a confession from AC knowing they are recorded. What would be the need? He was already found guilty even without the confession.
Unless by cover up or set up you really mean blaming a victim for taking alesha which is even more shocking. And by victim i mean anyone connected to alesha's family.

He won't be taken out shopping, that's typical tabloid nonsense designed to create maximum outrage. The only reason the Bulger killers were taken outside of their secure units at times was that they had been locked up at the age of ten and needed to be shown things about the outside world that ten year olds don't know, like how to open a bank account and how to use public transport on their own.

Doesn't apply to AC, he knows how to buy a bus ticket at the age of 16, and he's not due for release any time soon so they're not going to waste staff in an already understaffed system taking him to the shops.

Another poster linked to this interview on Twitter, but here it is on BBC News so hope OK to post.
OMOO but I feel from this that he is excusing himself, defending such an evil young person hasn't earned him much respect.
Anyway, if you've the time I think it is worth a read and comments welcome.

Alesha killer's QC grateful to trial judge

Alesha MacPhail murder: Child killer Aaron Campbell's QC grateful to judge

Another poster linked to this interview on Twitter, but here it is on BBC News so hope OK to post.
OMOO but I feel from this that he is excusing himself, defending such an evil young person hasn't earned him much respect.

The thing is,somebody had to defend him,no matter how vile a creature that is the law,and somebody further up on the thread(sorry,can't remember who without looking) made a really great post about why.

It won't have lost him any respect in the eyes of anyone with common sense either. Nobody intelligent tars the defence lawyer with the crimes their client is accused of, unless they're a fascist. In a democracy everybody has the right to a fair trial with a competent defence, and stigmatizing the defence lawyer is one of those classic first steps towards fascism.

I think if I had been a lawyer I might have defended him myself - for the experience and an insight as to who or what he is.
I don't think you'd even get a choice, would you? I'm assuming AC was dependent on legal aid, and barristers who sign up to defend legal aid clients just have to work on the cab system where whoever's next in the queue of lawyers available has to take whoever's next in the queue of people needing a lawyer.

I agree it would be an experience to defend this case though.

I don't think you'd even get a choice, would you? I'm assuming AC was dependent on legal aid, and barristers who sign up to defend legal aid clients just have to work on the cab system where whoever's next in the queue of lawyers available has to take whoever's next in the queue of people needing a lawyer.

I know he said he doesn't take cases home with him,but I am sure he was affected by this one,as with everyone else professionly involved in this case,they have all said they have never encountered anything like it before and they are all human.AC likely sends a shiver down his spine if he thinks about him but it would be unprofessional of him to say so in public,and possibly even against the rules if he is still his solicitor.

What a difficult day tomorrow will be ... for Genie, first Mothers Day without Alesha No handmade card or painted plant pot excitedly carried home from school, hidden under green paper towels so as not to spoil the surprise. All the little things that have been stolen from her

And also sparing a thought for Janette ... a lot, during all this has fallen on her shoulders and very little on those of Aaron's father!

No tabloid photos of him doorsteped in his PJ's, not many questioning his parenting and asking him why he didn't do something, anything to stop his son.

Considering that, at the very time his only son was being arrested for the most horrific crime imaginable, when his wife and daughter too were thrown into a living nightmare, Chris was busy packing his bags and deserting his family ... I wonder if nature, played more part in Aaron than any nurturing his mother did or didn't do ...

It is certainly not rare. Men with such tendencies will seek out employment/volunteering to be in close proximity to children - and in positions of trust. I worked in a childrens' centre and a child there disclosed that a male worker had abused her during 'story time', while she was standing next to him holding the story book.

I know he said he doesn't take cases home with him,but I am sure he was affected by this one,as with everyone else professionly involved in this case,they have all said they have never encountered anything like it before and they are all human.AC likely sends a shiver down his spine if he thinks about him but it would be unprofessional of him to say so in public,and possibly even against the rules if he is still his solicitor.
A couple of my family members are involved in the Scottish legal system. Naturally they've came into contact with Advocates through their work. Was talking to one of them yesterday actually, about this case specifically, and they told me that Advocates are generally extremely clever people, but also have a very professional and 'distant' demeanor. They are special people and come across as a bit 'weird'. The process to become an Advocate is extremely difficult and challenging, and the workload is insane once you qualify. Your job is your life was the way that my relative explained it to me. These people essentially dedicate their lives to their work entirely, and it takes a special kind of person even leaving intellect and intelligence aside to do the job that they do. I think that rule applies even more so to those involved primarily in the criminal justice system. It wouldn't surprise me if he genuinely was relatively unaffected by this, it would be another days work to him to a certain extent. I'd imagine he is capable, I think he said it in his interview, of 'switching off'. It's more of a duty than a vocation to him. You would need to be desensitized to an extent to do this kind of work for any great length of time.

Not sure if this post breaks rules in terms of posting personal info, but that was what my relative told me.

Defence lawyers can refuse...they’re a private practise . It’s the prosecution who get lumped with whatever. Defence always earn more than the prosecution, so most don’t really care though of course it’s always an extra bow to win. This case however was always a non starter, there was simply nothing to defend. I’m sure Mr Ian was happy to lose, not least because he knew his client was guilty but also the publicity was worth more then a million in advertising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astridAnthony