GUILTY UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
When things have settled down he may do perhaps. Thanks for answering my question. I've never written to anyone in prison before. Must be difficult knowing what to say.

Yeah, maybe! No bother. Me neither, was a first for me. It was, it felt really awkward. You don't want to be nice because you're writing to someone who has committed such a horrible crime but at the same time, I didn't want to be so off-putting not to get a response haha.

When things have settled down he may do perhaps. Thanks for answering my question. I've never written to anyone in prison before. Must be difficult knowing what to say.

I think loads of people will write to him wanting to know why he done it, he’ll feel like a celeb or something I bet

Unfortunately an appeal is part and parcel of most handed a long sentence. Imo it is probably his defence lawyer that has initiated it. As for writing to him ALL letters are intercepted by prison officers and they make the decision if passed to prisoners

Unfortunately an appeal is part and parcel of most handed a long sentence. Imo it is probably his defence lawyer that has initiated it. As for writing to him ALL letters are intercepted by prison officers and they make the decision if passed to prisoners

What would they not pass onto him? So if people are talking about alesha could that be a reason why they might not pass on letters to him?

What would they not pass onto him? So if people are talking about alesha could that be a reason why they might not pass on letters to him?
. Well imo I think that would be a serious reason why they would not be passed on. When I nursed a prisoner for a year and a half several letters were sent straight to the hospital ward for him ( after story hit the papers he was an inpatient) All staff were informed no letters had to be passed to patient but sent to prison authorities. Only one got to patient out of about approx 10

. Well imo I think that would be a serious reason why they would not be passed on. When I nursed a prisoner for a year and a half several letters were sent straight to the hospital ward for him ( after story hit the papers he was an inpatient) All staff were informed no letters had to be passed to patient but sent to prison authorities. Only one got to patient out of about approx 10

Why didn't they get to him? Were they too graphic or something? Did they mention the victims do you think?

So, from what I am reading, he has lodged a note of appeal. Does this mean he is requesting to be able to make a formal appeal, or is this the appeal itself ?
In England, he would have to firstly request permission to make an appeal and this request could be turned down, meaning he would never get as far as an actual appeal.

Wasn’t that the highest sentence he could be given tho due to his age ?

I think that's what we all assumed because we believe Lord Matthews despised him and gave him the most he could, but I don't think there is actually a legal limit that says 27 years is the maximum allowed. I could be wrong though.

He’s playing the game. Lord Mathews is a judge with many years experience, he’d have made sure the sentence was watertight. The only appeal he could use would be that Lord Mathews previously handed down the longest sentence given in Scotland to Sinclair but I doubt that would stand up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz