GUILTY UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's quite a few but in the US with our harsher legal system:

We've got Jessica Ridgeway's murderer. He did attempt to kidnap a woman right before he kidnapped, actually assaulted and dismembered 10 year old Jessica but no prior criminal behavior otherwise. He was thought of as sweet and very smart by friends and neighbors. He was sentenced to life in prison.

Then there was little 6 year old Jenise Wright. Her 17 year old rapist and murderer was an athlete and well liked. He had zero criminal record. He was sentenced to a minimum of 40 years.

Six year old Alanna Gallagher's rapist and murderer had an extensive history of petty crimes and bullying. Antisocial behavior. He got life in prison.

I don't know about Scottish or British cases in general.

I just read up on all these cases. That last one really sounds similar to AC actually. In terms of what we know about we him prior to the murder and his personality traits. I found this interesting;

“The source of Holder’s anger isn’t clear. His mother was was loving, but his father was absent.

There is no documented history of the type of abuse often seen in cases of a sexual sadist, no indications Holder was ever physically or sexually abused. When asked at jail screenings, he denied having been abused by anyone. His family wasn’t wealthy, but he had a home, clothing, affection. At worst, he was a latch key kid, but that’s hardly a recipe for creating a predator. Yet from an early age, he rebelled against normal discipline.

He was a difficult child, always acting up in school. He publically disobeyed his mother, challenging her and cursing at her.”

A Killer in the Neighborhood : The murder of Alanna Gallagher

@gitana1 does this mean he will never be paroled and will die in prison or is there a chance in the distant future he could be released?
I can never really understand American prison sentences. I mean some of them are like 120 years. What’s the point of that? Why not just say life without parole?

I just read up on all these cases. That last one really sounds similar to AC actually. In terms of what we know about we him prior to the murder and his personality traits. I found this interesting;

“The source of Holder’s anger isn’t clear. His mother was was loving, but his father was absent.

There is no documented history of the type of abuse often seen in cases of a sexual sadist, no indications Holder was ever physically or sexually abused. When asked at jail screenings, he denied having been abused by anyone. His family wasn’t wealthy, but he had a home, clothing, affection. At worst, he was a latch key kid, but that’s hardly a recipe for creating a predator. Yet from an early age, he rebelled against normal discipline.

He was a difficult child, always acting up in school. He publically disobeyed his mother, challenging her and cursing at her.”

@gitana1 does this mean he will never be paroled and will die in prison or is there a chance in the distant future he could be released?
I can never really understand American prison sentences. I mean some of them are like 120 years. What’s the point of that? Why not just say life without parole?

Our Supreme Court has held that those who commit crimes as minors cannot received LWOP.

His minimum is 50 years, plus an additional, consecutive 40 for attempting to kill an officer. So technically he has a chance. But he will never, ever get out.

So, he had a chance at asking for parole starting at around age 68. That would have undoubtedly been denied due to the gravity of what he did to Alanna. But if some crazy parole board 50 years from now decided to let him free, he would have to serve an additional 40. He would be 108.

They can't call it LWOP because it is illegal to impose that on those who were minors at the time of the crime. But his sentence is the equivalent.

Bye, Tyler.

Our Supreme Court has held that those who commit crimes as minors cannot received LWOP.

His minimum is 50 years, plus an additional, consecutive 40 for attempting to kill an officer. So technically he has a chance. But he will never, ever get out.

So, he had a chance at asking for parole starting at around age 68. That would have undoubtedly been denied due to the gravity of what he did to Alanna. But if some crazy parole board 50 years from now decided to let him free, he would have to serve an additional 40. He would be 108.

They can't call it LWOP because it is illegal to impose that on those who were minors at the time of the crime. But his sentence is the equivalent.

Bye, Tyler.

When you say "our Supreme Court" you mean the Texas state Supreme Court? The US Supreme Court has only outlawed mandatory sentencing of LWOP being applied to juveniles, they haven't made the practice illegal if the sentencing judge uses his own discretion and deems it warranted to impose LWOP.

The Texas Supreme Court outlawed LWOP for juveniles in 2013, just a year before Holden was sentenced.

Anyway, I think Lord Matthews effectively did the same in this case - ie, imposed a sentence that will basically turn into LWOP even though it doesn't say that on paper.

That

The lack of a paternal influence either by a complete absence or other may be a factor with a lot of these murderers: Bundy, Brady, Sinclair, Black, Berkowitz and Gacy had either no knowledge of their fathers or were abused by them ( or stepfathers) It might not be a direct link but more of an influence in their formative years when the personality is forming.

Yes, they had evidence to work with immediately but none for Jamie Campbell.
You know, I've always been against big brother watching and cctv etc but thankfully there was plenty of incriminating cctv to catch Alesha's killer on Bute.
On the subject of CCTV, has the footage of Aaron leaving his home at 1.54 am ever been shown? Just wondered if anyone has seen it. I expect it was shown in court as evidence but don't know if it has ever been made public?

So many comparisons like the wild and fabricated backup story.
Holder wasn't popular though and a loner - AC wasn't supposed to be like that.

Yeah there are some differences. I don’t think AC used to take pics of himself with the garden hose up his *advertiser censored* either...that we know of lmao.

“JR later found some alarming things on the phone. There were searches for “best child *advertiser censored*” and photos of Holder in women’s underwear and naked with a garden hose inserted into his anus.”

Very odd behaviour ...

On the subject of CCTV, has the footage of Aaron leaving his home at 1.54 am ever been shown? Just wondered if anyone has seen it. I expect it was shown in court as evidence but don't know if it has ever been made public?

No it hasn’t been released I’m not sure why. I thought maybe he left the house with his friend or his sister and that’s why it wasn’t released due to identifying them but nothing was mentioned that he left with anyone else. I really don’t know why else it hasn’t been released? I can understand the shore cctv as that had alesha in and would be quite distressing to see.

No it hasn’t been released I’m not sure why. I thought maybe he left the house with his friend or his sister and that’s why it wasn’t released due to identifying them but nothing was mentioned that he left with anyone else. I really don’t know why else it hasn’t been released? I can understand the shore cctv as that had alesha in and would be quite distressing to see.

Maybe it's just be because there's no point,if it's just him casually leaving his house and wandering off.The cctv of him afterwards shows how calm and casual he was when he returned,aswell as him leaving to dispose of evidence,so it's serves a purpose to release it.

Thanks for your answer. Not sure either why it hasn't been released. Must be a rational explanation.

Maybe it's just be because there's no point,if it's just him casually leaving his house and wandering off.The cctv of him afterwards shows how calm and casual he was when he returned,aswell as him leaving to dispose of evidence,so it's serves a purpose to release it.
Yes, seems like that's probably the answer. Thanks for your view.

Theres to much going over what has happened over and over again, it happened nothing can change it, fellow websleuths focus yourselves time and energy on other things now, the best time to look at this case is in 27 years time

Theres to much going over what has happened over and over again, it happened nothing can change it, fellow websleuths focus yourselves time and energy on other things now, the best time to look at this case is in 27 years time
The case should be now dead and buried

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member