UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -teen arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
LISTEN: My full report for @HeartScotNews on the first day of evidence in the Alesha MacPhail murder trial in Glasgow.

The 16-year-old accused of raping and murdering the child last July on the Isle of Bute continues to deny the allegations. The trial will continue tomorrow.

Fraser Knight on Twitter

(Audio at link)
Not sure it's important, but that link says RM and TM sold cannabis to the accused and his younger sister.

I can't remember reading that earlier.

The night before Alesha was found, Mr MacPhail received messages from the accused and the accused's sister's account asking for the drug ...

Brian McConnachie QC, for the accused, later asked Mr MacPhail: "Did it ever cross your mind that your drug dealing might have some relevance to Alesha being taken?"

The witness replied: "It did not".

Alesha's father 'sold cannabis to accused'

just catching up and I have to say I'm kind of lost for words. Why is he accusing this woman and not the multiple men that were in Alesha's life? Why are the courts allowing this? And why is her name being made public when she hasn't been charged with anything? Her reputation is now tarnished, which I'm sure is the accused's intention.

just catching up and I have to say I'm kind of lost for words. Why is he accusing this woman and not the multiple men that were in Alesha's life? Why are the courts allowing this? And why is her name being made public when she hasn't been charged with anything? Her reputation is now tarnished, which I'm sure is the accused's intention.

I feel the same. Totally uncalled for. If I were her, once this horrid nightmare is over with, I would be seriously considering action against tabloids, the defence, anyone who reported her name because allowing an innocent persons name to be mentioned and not the suspect, who has been in remand since all this happened, is absolutely unbelievable. She has never been a POI

Sorry to say this is sounding to me like a deliberate targeted act, which has more to do with some kind of twisted revenge than an "urge". It is horrific.
I agree 100%. He knew exactly what he was doing and it sounds totally pre-meditated. He probably bragged to the sister what he was going to do, it makes me feel absolutely sick!!

<modsnip: If you aren't allowed to discuss it, then don't discuss it.>

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't believe the special defence at all so don't really see how her reputation is tarnished.

The courts have to allow it. A defendant is entitled to plea whatever nonsense they choose. It's all perfectly legal.

February and July is quite far apart for a retaliation. I’m wondering if something has happened after that between the person the suspect has named and the suspect. It’s strange that it’s her that’s named.

I seem to remember a connection between the two - was anything ever confirmed in the media?

February and July is quite far apart for a retaliation. I’m wondering if something has happened after that between the person the suspect has named and the suspect. It’s strange that it’s her that’s named.

I seem to remember a connection between the two - was anything ever confirmed in the media?

Yes but remember Alesha didn’t stay with her dad full time. She lived with her mum full time over in Greenock which is a boat ride away. This was her coming over for the summer holidays so maybe he thought he would wait until she was over for whatever sick reason, I don’t care to get into his head to find out. It’s also the case that he text RM the night before asking for cannabis, maybe he refused and this annoyed him more. RM stated today that he stopped selling him any due to his mum intervening 3 months prior to July - apparently.

Are you meaning the step sis / step bro relation to TMc? Or am I totally way off lol it feels so long ago!

Nothing would be confirmed re any possible family links in the media if it might lead to identification of the accused I think.

Yes but remember Alesha didn’t stay with her dad full time. She lived with her mum full time over in Greenock which is a boat ride away. This was her coming over for the summer holidays so maybe he thought he would wait until she was over for whatever sick reason, I don’t care to get into his head to find out. It’s also the case that he text RM the night before asking for cannabis, maybe he refused and this annoyed him more. RM stated today that he stopped selling him any due to his mum intervening 3 months prior to July - apparently.

Are you meaning the step sis / step bro relation to TMc? Or am I totally way off lol it feels so long ago!

Okay, so when it says the Dad seen her every 2nd weekend, it wasn’t in Rothesay?

How odd... I can understand the part about the Jury being allowed to discount this defence...but I find it completely bizarre that the defence can put forward this claim but are not then obligated to provide any proof for their accusation.
I think the defence barrister has to act on the wishes of their client so they don’t really have much choice but have to represent their client, and will sometimes say quite outlandish things to undermine the prosecution. But that’s their ‘game’ , to plant any seeds of doubt that they can.

Okay, so when it says the Dad seen her every 2nd weekend, it wasn’t in Rothesay?

Did I say that? I would assume every 2nd weekend will have just been a night or 2 max due to her having school. She was over for a chunk of the holidays. Maybe the fact he text the dad the night before has something to do with it, maybe they exchanged heated texts so this topped off with the feb argument...I don’t know tbh I’m not interested in why he done it, when he done it, all I know is he’s sick. His logic is of no interest to me.

Last edited:
Did I say that? I would assume every 2nd weekend will have just been a night or 2 max due to her having school. She was over for a chunk of the holidays. Maybe the fact he text the dad the night before has something to do with it, maybe they exchanged heated texts so this topped off with the feb argument...I don’t know tbh I’m not interested in why he done it, when he done it, all I know is he’s sick. His logic is of no interest to me.

I think you are mistaking my tone. It was a genuine question.

Alesha stayed in town called Coatbridge , central Scotland , journey time to Bute approx 3hrs , road and boat so would only see her dad nursery then primary school hols .

Alesha stayed in town called Coatbridge , central Scotland , journey time to Bute approx 3hrs , road and boat so would only see her dad nursery then primary school hols .

I think it was said that the grandparents seen her every 2nd weekend but that may have or have not been to stay with them. Sorry yes it is Coatbridge - my mistake.

Rothesay to Coatbridge via boat then road is approx. 1 hour 59 mins going by google maps. I live closer to Coatbridge here in Edinburgh, it’s only about a 35 min drive on the M8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500