UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -teen arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
1f3a5.png
Police are still searching the house in Rothesay where six year-old #AleshaMacPhail was staying before she was found dead. Our reporter @NatashaReid159 is there:

Radio Clyde News on Twitter

If they took the car it begs the question if both houses were sealed off who was living next door. Earlier on in this case there was some obvious but uncalled for commentary on social media, to do with new people arriving at the island from the middle east.

Yes I saw this. I don't know how these people think a complete stranger of any race got into that flat. Some people must feel better if they can convince themselves there's one 'type' of person they can blame these things on.

Yes I saw this. I don't know how these people think a complete stranger of any race got into that flat. Some people must feel better if they can convince themselves there's one 'type' of person they can blame these things on.

In some ways it'll just be human nature to not want to believe people you've known for many years could be capable of such a thing; far more comfortable to blame it on strangers (of any race, but ones who stand out are an easier target).If such a thing were to happen in the remote village community I grew up in, my initial reaction would be similar: "it can't be any of the locals, and certainly not the family who've been there forever". Obviously after that logic would kick in, but I can understand the initial reactions in the shock of it.

I agree it's almost impossible for it to be a stranger abduction; I've heard of such things happening in the US, but from ground floor bedrooms with easily accessible windows. It's been said in the media that this was the top floor flat, so I'd say that removes any likelihood of a stranger abduction; even a local who knows the family (and the flat layout) well would struggle to get in and out without being heard.

I believe personally it was someone well known to her and family. i also have a feeling this could ve a very quick case to be solved. i hope so for the families sake .. i dont want to seem rude but its awful horrific for the m9ther of the wee girl to find out via social media ? could the gran or father not have let her know about her daughters disappearance or was she asleep and found out when woken up?

In some ways it'll just be human nature to not want to believe people you've known for many years could be capable of such a thing; far more comfortable to blame it on strangers (of any race, but ones who stand out are an easier target).If such a thing were to happen in the remote village community I grew up in, my initial reaction would be similar: "it can't be any of the locals, and certainly not the family who've been there forever". Obviously after that logic would kick in, but I can understand the initial reactions in the shock of it.

I agree it's almost impossible for it to be a stranger abduction; I've heard of such things happening in the US, but from ground floor bedrooms with easily accessible windows. It's been said in the media that this was the top floor flat, so I'd say that removes any likelihood of a stranger abduction; even a local who knows the family (and the flat layout) well would struggle to get in and out without being heard.

The finger-pointing wasn't coming from people on the island, it was an outsider with an agenda.

I believe personally it was someone well known to her and family. i also have a feeling this could ve a very quick case to be solved. i hope so for the families sake .. i dont want to seem rude but its awful horrific for the m9ther of the wee girl to find out via social media ? could the gran or father not have let her know about her daughters disappearance or was she asleep and found out when woken up?

It was 6 in the morning so maybe they couldn't get through to her mother right away, apparently the gran had tried to phone her. She was also discovered quite soon so there is time for that to get round facebook before police had managed to contact her I suppose.

what if this s
It was 6 in the morning so maybe they couldn't get through to her mother right away, apparently the gran had tried to phone her. She was also discovered quite soon so there is time for that to get round facebook before police had managed to contact her I suppose.
yes but if you missed a call from who was watching your child surely you would try to phone them back straightaway and not go on social media especially at a time like that or what if she did try to phone the gran and the gran didnt answer what if there's an element to this like the tia sharp case because we havent heard anything about the grandad

what if this s

yes but if you missed a call from who was watching your child surely you would try to phone them back straightaway and not go on social media especially at a time like that or what if she did try to phone the gran and the gran didnt answer what if there's an element to this like the tia sharp case because we havent heard anything about the grandad

Could be as simple as her not having her phone charged or it being downstairs. The gran may have been calling her and then the body was found so then she was too distraught to be phoning people?

<modsnipped- not victim friendly>

Last edited by a moderator:
<snipped quoted post>

Oh do you have a link to how family members were behaving? I have read "the father was white as a sheet" etc. I'm still trying to work out if that was fear or a fear of being caught/knowing something.

However I would really like to know who found her! According to reports here locals were asked to search in one area and not where she was found. The helicopter was circling and then all of a sudden someone who was looking for her, finds her. Now call me a cynic but she was found very quickly. So did the person not have time to dispose of her properly? That was a vast area of woodland. I think whoever killed her was out of time. I also think the police know there was someone else in that area when they were circling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems to a big search happening next door at number 50 where the car was taken from too. I remember one of the first things we heard was that the grandmother had chapped her neighbour's doors asking for help, they searched their garage and sheds. I'm wondering if the wee girl often went there.

Attachments

• TNP_030718_bute_70JPG.jpg
    TNP_030718_bute_70JPG.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 61
I asked a little earlier but I think my question was misunderstood:
How do we know it was the neighbout’s car? Is there footage of it being towed? Someone mentioned that the red car is not there today so I was asking for a link to footage from today showing that the car I sent absent :)
Even then, unless we saw that particular car actually in police hands, I’m not sure we can know that the red car is the one they are looking at....

Last edited:
I asked a little earlier but I think my question was misunderstood:
How do we know it was the neighbout’s car? Is there footage of it being towed? Someone mentioned that the red car is not there today so I was asking for a link to footage from today showing that the car I sent absent :)
Even then unless we saw that particular car actually in police hands, I’m not sure we can know that the red car is the one they are looking at....

Someone ( somewhere?) posted a picture of a large police recovery vehicle on the drive way in front of where the red car was. So presumably that was the car they were collecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname