UK UK - Andrew Gosden, 14, Doncaster, South Yorks, 14 Sep 2007 #2

In the podcast I listened to --> Episode 29 - Andrew Gosden I think his father said it was the normal thing and mentioned shirt and also trousers which, given it was a Friday, would seem to make sense, so they'd be ready for Monday. Kind of makes me think either he was intending to come home over the weekend, or that he wanted his family to think that.
I think he was deffo planning on coming home

As for the £100 left at home has it ever been disclosed in what format the £100 was?

If it was a big jar of loose coins it might just be as simple as not wanting to lug around a heavy bag of coins. If it's all notes that's harder to explain.

It would be nice if there were as many hours and forum pages devoted to them as there are to Andrew. Sadly most of them wouldn’t even raise a spark of recognition in most people, even in the “true-crime” community :(

I haven’t heard much regarding the people in his life. Teachers, neighbors, family friends, mentors, etc.
I do believe that an external force was at play, but maybe it wasn’t the internet. Could he have formed a secret sort of friendship with someone who didn’t have his best interest in mind ?
Maybe he was shown special attention by a teacher and did meet up with him on those days he “ walked home”. After a few times hanging out together this adult suggests some activity in London.
Andrew did take out $200 right ?
I believe that he planned on coming home, but had some form of influence from someone in his realm that made him take that train that day, and maybe it was someone closer than they’re looking. Someone with Ill intentions.
It could have been internet related, but I haven’t heard much talk about people in his sphere.
Does anyone have any information on this ?

According to the interview with Andrew’s dad The Disappearance of Andrew Gosden. Interview with Kevin Gosden. family were investigated by the police and “cleared”.

Like you say though @haroldchasen there is very little reference to anyone outside the family having been spoken to or interviewed. I do tend to agree with you though; the whole “internet” thing is a complete red herring, if someone else was involved it was someone personally present in Andrew’s life.

Has this bit been discussed in here yet? It was a conversation with Kevin's father about the children not being baptised because him and his wife didn't want to impose any religion on their children, recognising its down to the individual if they wanted a faith or not - they didn't want to impose it on the children. Then he said:
"They grew up coming to church with us and doing kids church activities and quite a fair bit, helping me keep the grounds under control there. " BBM.

I wonder whether he was still helping as a teenager?

Also it says just before he disappeared he quit the Scouts. His dad explains he had only been going to the weekly meetings so that his attendance was sufficient to be allowed to go to the camps. (I assume he means Scout camps).

It's also said in here Kevin and his sister, in the summer holiday the year before, were spending one week running the kids club down at the church.

His father also said it was only ONCE he walked home from school instead of catching the bus.

He also said, about the time they were "It happened that my wife and I through church had some friends who worked and taught at the kids school. So we thought lets just ring them and see if they have some contacts they can ring who Andrew had lessons with and that's how we found out he never actually arrived at school."

He also said Kevin had previously said "I'd quite like to live and work in London, ultimately."

It also says "Andrew had some access to the web but not an awful lot. Andrew occasionally borrowed his sister's laptop but not much. "

JMO MOO.

Last edited:
I think he set off on some kind of adventure in London - a teenager testing boundaries - and met his fate at the hands of someone who spotted him on his own. There are predatory people of various kinds on the lookout in London and I believe that's what happened to A.

Further to the new video I posted earlier today, here is an old video where an expert talks about Andrew's ear and how uncommon it was and that if anyone saw it on an adult the likelyhood is it would be Andrew. Personally, knowing that, if I was his family, I would write to every single hairdressers and barbers in the country (with shops) no matter how many thousand, asking if they have ever seen this type of ear before (pointing out that he is likely the only person with an ear like this). JMO MOO

In the US hairstylists are licensed by each state -- so the list suggested should be readily available to law enforcement, if not to the public.

Many stylists/salons have Facebook pages, too, might be another thing to try?

Agree that Andrew left for a day and met with serious trouble.

jmho ymmv lrr

As for the £100 left at home has it ever been disclosed in what format the £100 was?

If it was a big jar of loose coins it might just be as simple as not wanting to lug around a heavy bag of coins. If it's all notes that's harder to explain.

The money left at home and the money he withdrew from the ATM are both extremely curious.

Has this bit been discussed in here yet? It was a conversation with Kevin's father about the children not being baptised because him and his wife didn't want to impose any religion on their children, recognising its down to the individual if they wanted a faith or not - they didn't want to impose it on the children. Then he said:
"They grew up coming to church with us and doing kids church activities and quite a fair bit, helping me keep the grounds under control there. " BBM.

I wonder whether he was still helping as a teenager?

Also it says just before he disappeared he quit the Scouts. His dad explains he had only been going to the weekly meetings so that his attendance was sufficient to be allowed to go to the camps. (I assume he means Scout camps).

It's also said in here Kevin and his sister, in the summer holiday the year before, were spending one week running the kids club down at the church.

His father also said it was only ONCE he walked home from school instead of catching the bus.

He also said, about the time they were "It happened that my wife and I through church had some friends who worked and taught at the kids school. So we thought lets just ring them and see if they have some contacts they can ring who Andrew had lessons with and that's how we found out he never actually arrived at school."

He also said Kevin had previously said "I'd quite like to live and work in London, ultimately."

It also says "Andrew had some access to the web but not an awful lot. Andrew occasionally borrowed his sister's laptop but not much. "

JMO MOO.

I think Andrew decided to leave home for whatever reason. I don’t think he was groomed. He had no intention of returning. That’s my interpretation of the limited information available.

Why do believe he didn't plan on returning?

Why take the money from the bank when you have enough for a day out at home already?
Why go on a Friday? Why not the following day?
The whole situation was arranged to give him as long a head start as possible to avoid detection.
This had been planned days in advance it wasn’t done on the spur of the moment.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back