UK UK - Andrew Gosden, 14, Doncaster, South Yorks, 14 Sept 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was rereading Andrews threads on Reddit the other day and was wondering if anyone else saw the comment a supposed classmate of Andrews left describing his personality at school and with peers etc? Obviously I'm paraphrasing but it isn't too hard to find, but I thought it was an interesting perspective about Andrew that perhaps his parents may not have been aware of. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One thing else. The video speaks of Andrew rehearsing everything two weeks before? What is that about and what did he rehearse?

I'd also like some clarification on this. I don't remember reading anything about this. Does anyone have a link?

So are we treating the Pizza Hut part as definite now? I've never known this to be given much weight before.

I asked about that video in my first post a few pages back but nobody replied.

I asked about the supposed two week plans and the alleged sightings. It claims to have been made with the permission of Andrew's parents but on the find Andrew site which I believe is ran by Andrew's dad he says the last sighting was at Kings Cross. So I'd be more inclined to believe Andrew's father.

I actually find the video quite creepy. The music is creepy and it claims a lot of things that have not been talked about or mentioned before.

Whoever made it, if it was with Andrew's family then why has this information not been mentioned before. Because surely knowing he had planned it two weeks in advance and knowing his route of the train or MASSIVELY important in jogging people's memories etc.

I'm And if it's not (which is what I suspect) then it's just creepy and making a lot of unfounded allegations.

I'm pleased it's not just me, the music really put me off.

That's what mostly creeps me out about it. I can't actually pin point why but the music makes it seems like some stalker is following someone. Not that it's someone (hopefully anyway since there's no conformation it came from Andrew's family) trying to help spread awareness for a family missing a loved one.

I know it says the music was chosen for the lyrics being fitting but I just find it really creepy.

I also found the video odd. The spelling mistakes suggest it wasn't made by anyone who knew either London or Doncaster well. The assertion that there were only 2 routes Andrew could have taken from Covent Garden is just plain wrong: he could also have headed through Seven Dials to Shaftesbury Avenue/ Leicester Square, towards Cambridge Circus, etc, etc. I'm not sure why it's so fixated on onward transport options either: if Andrew was set on an adventure, then exploring on foot would probably be part of that. I wonder if this might also be the explanation of his choosing to walk home from school instead of getting the bus; I did something similar when I was his age, and part of the attraction was the small excitement of a break from the monotonous norm, feeling independent, etc.

What strikes me most forcibly about the video, though, is the lingering shots of the car park in Drury Lane. On the face of it, it's an odd focus. Andrew could hardly be picking up a car himself; is the insinuation that he was meeting someone there? If so, what's the evidence for this? Does someone know more than has been made public?

There do seem to be some similarities with the recent case of the 15 year old from Devon who recently went missing for 2 months, which he spent sleeping rough in major cities. Of course Andrew has been missing for far longer, but 2 months isn't an insignificant period; and he appears to have come to no harm. I think this holds out the possibility of optimism in this case too.

I also found the video odd. The spelling mistakes suggest it wasn't made by anyone who knew either London or Doncaster well. The assertion that there were only 2 routes Andrew could have taken from Covent Garden is just plain wrong: he could also have headed through Seven Dials to Shaftesbury Avenue/ Leicester Square, towards Cambridge Circus, etc, etc. I'm not sure why it's so fixated on onward transport options either: if Andrew was set on an adventure, then exploring on foot would probably be part of that. I wonder if this might also be the explanation of his choosing to walk home from school instead of getting the bus; I did something similar when I was his age, and part of the attraction was the small excitement of a break from the monotonous norm, feeling independent, etc.

What strikes me most forcibly about the video, though, is the lingering shots of the car park in Drury Lane. On the face of it, it's an odd focus. Andrew could hardly be picking up a car himself; is the insinuation that he was meeting someone there? If so, what's the evidence for this? Does someone know more than has been made public?

There do seem to be some similarities with the recent case of the 15 year old from Devon who recently went missing for 2 months, which he spent sleeping rough in major cities. Of course Andrew has been missing for far longer, but 2 months isn't an insignificant period; and he appears to have come to no harm. I think this holds out the possibility of optimism in this case too.

I'm wondering myself too if anyone can confirm this was made (as stated) with the help and consent of Andrew's family.

It seems unlikely given that the website (which I believe is maintained by his family) lists non of that and says the KX sighting is the last known sighting.

It's just an extremely odd video.

Until Andrew's family state otherwise, to me that video is bogus. I've never heard of this Pizza Hut sighting before. It's not on CCTV.

Until Andrew's family state otherwise, to me that video is bogus. I've never heard of this Pizza Hut sighting before. It's not on CCTV.

If you google Andrew Gosden Pizza Hut there's a few sites including news sites that report the Pizza Hut sighting. And a few other signings.

But I'm inclined to agree with you unless confirmed by Andrew's family I don't believe a word of the video.

I think it's a well-intentioned if somewhat speculative video. I could be wrong, but people seem to be suggesting there's a sinister tone to it?

I don't think the pizza hut sighting is credible. I believe that Andrew was picked up close to the train station by his abductor and taken elsewhere.

I think it's a well-intentioned if somewhat speculative video. I could be wrong, but people seem to be suggesting there's a sinister tone to it?

I don't think the pizza hut sighting is credible. I believe that Andrew was picked up close to the train station by his abductor and taken elsewhere.

That was my thought as well to be honest. Well intentioned but coming off a bit strange.

Although it's not behind the realms of possibility for it to be sinister, I just agree with you.

I'm more wondering where they got the info from and why they're claiming it's based on events as Andrew's family dictated.

I do agree the video is odd and has information thathat one wonders about. I think it was probably made to speculate on the routes Andrew may have taken. I guess only Andrew'Smith family can verify the information . I did wonder if the person had some knowledge of Andrew, but I am grasping at straws.

Goodness. How shocking and sad. I don't know how it could be Andrew but you never know. It's good that someone will be brought home to their family.

Goodness. How shocking and sad. I don't know how it could be Andrew but you never know. It's good that someone will be brought home to their family.

I doubt it's Andrew, I expect him to be in London, but you never know, it's 3.5 miles (by crow) from Andrew's home to the college. Also had a flash of Claudia - Yorkshire, builders etc. Who else is missing in the area?

I'm useless at finding cases, but there is a Steven Jones missing 21/05/2008 who was seen in Doncaster in 2014 and suspected homeless. He's on this list just underneath Andrew. Really there could be loads of people who just ended up in Doncaster... I haven't seen any news today about the investigation of the body

EDIT: when they say "a body" was found, is makes me suspicious that it is a body in a state of decomposition, not a skeleton. Wouldn't they say "a skeleton was found"

I'm useless at finding cases, but there is a Steven Jones missing 21/05/2008 who was seen in Doncaster in 2014 and suspected homeless. He's on this list just underneath Andrew. Really there could be loads of people who just ended up in Doncaster... I haven't seen any news today about the investigation of the body

EDIT: when they say "a body" was found, is makes me suspicious that it is a body in a state of decomposition, not a skeleton. Wouldn't they say "a skeleton was found"

Or remains?

On the Doncaster body thread I have listed the 5 mispers in that area (S Yorks Police). Let's hope it's not Andrew.

Or remains?

On the Doncaster body thread I have listed the 5 mispers in that area (S Yorks Police). Let's hope it's not Andrew.

Yeah, I spotted your post in that thread and was looking up the cases. I wonder how they seemed to know it wasn't Corrie McKeague (re: his mum's post). Makes me concerned that they were able to rule him out based on the state of the remains. I'll probably head over to that UID post to keep talking. I really, truly hope it isn't Andrew either. We'll get more details as they come in, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member