GENERIC HEADER NEWS MISSING PERSONS

UK UK - Andrew Gosden, 14, Doncaster, South Yorks, 14 Sept 2007

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by imamaze, Jun 16, 2011.

1. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Sorry, what i meant about the t shirt, is that he may have chosen it because he was going to hang out with another fan of that or another similar band.
    Young people tend to wear what their friends are wearing or to impress whomever they are meeting.
    If for example Andrew wore a " gaming" t shirt, i would suspect that he was going to something/ someone associated with that world, ect.
    He may have pulled on any old t shirt, but his actions seemed purposeful and so i extended that to include what he chose to wear on the day he disappeared.
    speculation, imo.

leep, Elainera, Jules77 and 3 others like this.
  2. JSolt1210

JSolt1210 Well-Known Member

Ahh okay, yeah that makes perfect sense, and I agree!

Since I don't know anything about Slipknot, I thought you might be hinting at songs of theirs that could reference disappearing, walking away, etc.

It's been almost 12 years, but I wonder if anyone from that summer program may recall Andrew connecting with other Slipknot or heavy metal fans.

3. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

4. AliceInPain

AliceInPain Well-Known Member

I saw that too, but I doubt it. The road atlas, clothing and Sony Walkman suggests someone older, imo, but also, I guess in Andrew's case anything is possible.
    I've followed his case for years, it's just puzzling. I lived near King's Cross for a while and I just can't understand there were no more cctv or witnesses found.
    A few years back missing people uk had a campaign and there was a huge poster of Andrew's face at the bus stop where I took the bus to work.
    I thought about him a lot when I lived in London. Every part has it's own high street/centre with its own group of lost people (alcoholics mainly and many homeless) coming and going. I used to speak to some where I lived and I think none of them were in contact with their families anymore.
    Seeing that big poster of him kind of got my hopes down he'd be one of them.

5. jslk

jslk Well-Known Member

Deathsgrandaughter and dotr like this.
  6. nacentaeons

nacentaeons Member

The police have Andrews DNA (source: South Yorkshire Police)

Therefore if they have done their job properly this man isn’t Andrew.

leep, HayLouise, Al Ka and 5 others like this.
  7. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Lengthy article.
    May 20 2019
    Dad of teen who vanished sometimes 'envies parents of murdered kids'
    "WATCHING the news, Andrew Gosden's tortured dad finds himself envying the parents of murdered kids.

Kevin catches himself instantly, but he still can't help wishing the police would show up at his house with a "bag of bones" so he could finally have an end to the torment he has suffered for 12 years.

[​IMG]
    Andrew Gosden disappeared in September 2007 aged 14
    His son, Andrew, vanished into thin air on September 14, 2007, aged just 14, after travelling from his home in Doncaster to London when he "uncharacteristically" skipped school.

In the years since he vanished, dad Kevin has had a breakdown, attempted suicide and had to resign from his job.

"I always thought the worst feeling ever would be to have a child die but this to me is worse," Kevin says.

"I have caught myself before, to my shame, feeling envious of parents whose child has been murdered but then you stop and want to hug them."
    [​IMG]
    He says the worst part is not knowing what happened to his son

8. Elainera

Elainera Well-Known Member

My heart goes out to Kevin :( Praying that he gets an answer soon, one way or another.

9. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

10. Jackalyn

Jackalyn Well-Known Member

Just another theory. I heard today of a local boy who went missing. Seems he did run away deliberately, was found and then went missing again. He was found 100 or so miles away. However, the second time, he was drugged and found himself in a hotel forced to work as slave labour. They made him wash dishes. Apparently this is fairly common. The police know it happens. It left me wondering if this might be what happened to Andrew and others not found. You only have to be offered a drink.... The boy I heard about today was removed from the hotel by police. I am not sure how they discovered what hapoened. He is OK and recieving help now.

I did not know where best to post this, but it is another theory worth exploring for Andrew although I don't know where one would start.

Could he be slave labour somewhere?

11. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Hazel Thompson Photojournalist
    Published on May 2, 2008
    Award winning photojournalist, Hazel Thompson investigates teenage runaways in the UK for FIVE news. Part 1 of series.

12. StarEyes

StarEyes Well-Known Member

13. Farley

Farley Member

Gave this a listen. I’d recommend sticking to the Thin Air podcast.

I’d forgiven the random speculation until he decided that because he was active on the internet then Andrew must have been too. He goes so far as to say there’s no evidence to rule it out. Despite the fact there is literally nothing but evidence to rule it out and not a single scrap of evidence to support the online grooming theory.

I get these podcasts are for the host to go through theories but I can’t take anyone who blatantly ignores existing evidence seriously.

Suglo, Al Ka, nacentaeons and 2 others like this.
  14. tempcoops

tempcoops Member

Not necessarily. "it's ok, my mum will give you a lift home".

Laughing, StarEyes and dotr like this.
  15. Schmitz5100

Schmitz5100 Well-Known Member

I just listened to this case on Trace Evidence. Is there any possibility he had taken the train to London prior to this day? Sometimes I think we’re naive to what our kids could really be doing. I wondered with the error in having the correct phone call home there could have been errors previously calling home or not even realizing he was missing from school.

Laughing, StarEyes and dotr like this.
  16. Farley

Farley Member

I’d recommend the Thin Air podcast. Andrew’s dad and sister were part of it. So it’s IMHO much better.

He of course could have gone to London another day. But his school attendance was 100% so it would have had to have been of a weekend. There’s no way the school wouldn’t have realised he wasn’t there had he missed school before.

Had it happened more then once, which we know it didn’t because of the 100% attendance, and the school had not been able to get through to his parents on the phone they would have sent a letter to inform them he wasn’t in school.

nacentaeons, Schmitz5100 and dotr like this.
  17. StarEyes

StarEyes Well-Known Member

I think no parent knows everything their child does. jmo

18. jslk

jslk Well-Known Member

I'm honestly not sure I would trust those processes. They dropped the ball this time, they could easily have dropped the ball before. They might be more vigilant with a student who was in the habit of truanting, but ime a good student like Andrew may find he was afforded more trust and leniency. Let's say he asked a friend to cover for him when he slipped out one day. I think it's possible he could have been missed and excuses accepted. All my own speculation, of course.

I don't think they would write home if a student is unaccounted for? At least not at that time.

dotr likes this.
  19. Farley

Farley Member

I was in school 15 years before Andrew and if I was off my parents were called. If they didn’t get through on the phone a letter was sent. Your status as a good student or not wasn’t taken into account.

You also couldn’t get a friend to cover for you. You had to be there for morning and afternoon registration. In the schools around here that’s 8:45 and 12:45. If you weren’t you were marked absent and the above chain of events happened.

Andrew could have previously skipped school after afternoon registration. Depending on wether the gates of the school were closed. In my school once lunch was over the gates were locked and only open in emergencies to prevent students doing just that. Skipping out after afternoon registration. But then he’d not have time to go to London and get home in time for his parents not to notice.

The school allegedly made a mistake with the phone numbers. It has never really sat well with me as it seems too convenient that the very day a child vanishes his telephone details are incorrect or read incorrectly. But the fact remains if he had skipped school before his parents would have been informed one way or another.

emem1138, Laughing and dotr like this.
  20. Jackalyn

Jackalyn Well-Known Member

It does seem odd. Also the non-interest of schoolfriends. Even if not the most popular don't people take continued interesting a missing classmate. Why the silence?

dotr and Laughing like this.