Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do police have BW mobile? I thought police had BW's phone, I'm sure I read an article that said police found the phone and had proof the parents faked texts from said phone to their own phones or something?? Saw a siblings status claiming said person believes she's alive as every message sent to her phone comes up as read but if police have her phone then obviously it's them reading the message searching for clues? If not then it's weird they're coming up as read

@CSIAngus Yes it is. My browser says "connection isn't secure" but I had no problems accessing it
Thanks. I've already read the blog and the comments. Certainly food for thought.
Do police have BW mobile? I thought police had BW's phone, I'm sure I read an article that said police found the phone and had proof the parents faked texts from said phone to their own phones or something?? Saw a siblings status claiming said person believes she's alive as every message sent to her phone comes up as read but if police have her phone then obviously it's them reading the message searching for clues? If not then it's weird they're coming up as read
Do text messages that you send indicate if they have been read? They don't on my phone. I must admit I couldn't understand what the lad was talking about with this, nor why his new possibly faulty phone would lead him to think she was reading his messages.

Thanks. I've already read the blog and the comments. Certainly food for thought.

Do text messages that you send indicate if they have been read? They don't on my phone. I must admit I couldn't understand what the lad was talking about with this, nor why his new possibly faulty phone would lead him to think she was reading his messages.
What's App messages show when they were delivered and also a time if they have been read

My phone tells me if someone has read the message I've sent, not just on WhatsApp or Facebook but general text messaging as well. You can change your settings so people can't see you've read their message/s and younger people know this, so surely if she was alive she'd know that and change her settings. <Modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Brother was saying Instagram messages sent to the girl are coming up as read.
And he says police shouldn't be able to access it. But of course police are going to be reading the messages.
This is a murder case.
Instagram will give police permission to access it.

I think he's assuming everything has gone quite and not much is happening.

But every detective in the region will be working on this and they will be working absolutely hard.
Probably millions has been spent on this already, in hours for detectives.
All to find answers and let this girl be laid to rest, in peace, and for all of those siblings to be allowed to begin the natural process of grieving and healing, as everyone deserves to be able to do.

My phone tells me if someone has read the message I've sent, not just on WhatsApp or Facebook but general text messaging as well. You can change your settings so people can't see you've read their message/s and younger people know this, so surely if she was alive she'd know that and change her settings.
<Modsnip>

I think it's at least particially willful denial, <Modsnip>
And their bond may depend on this denial for now.
There may be a breakdown of the relationship, if the trial convinces the brother of what the police obviously think.

Brother was saying Instagram messages sent to the girl are coming up as read.
And he says police shouldn't be able to access it. But of course police are going to be reading the messages.
This is a murder case.
Instagram will give police permission to access it.

I think he's assuming everything has gone quite and not much is happening.

But every detective in the region will be working on this and they will be working absolutely hard.
Probably millions has been spent on this already, in hours for detectives.
All to find answers and let this girl be laid to rest, in peace, and for all of those siblings to be allowed to begin the natural process of grieving and healing, as everyone deserves to be able to do.
Yes, I understood it to be social media posts being read not phone texts. We've all been reading his Instagram posts. I don't know if that would make a difference or not.

Yes, I understood it to be social media posts being read not phone texts. We've all been reading his Instagram posts. I don't know if that would make a difference or not.

Either way, whatever posts or messages are appearing as read only means Police are reading them I reckon, if she were alive she'd have changed her settings or not bothered going online at all and completely gone off grid. I expect police are doing their job and inspecting everything that comes in, every tiny detail. The smallest thing could break the entire case.

So where is Bernadette’s actual phone then? Obviously she would have had it with her when she “ran out of the car” and if we follow her brother’s narrative, she is reading her messages. It would seem logical in that case to ask the phone company to trace the pings.

So where is Bernadette’s actual phone then? Obviously she would have had it with her when she “ran out of the car” and if we follow her brother’s narrative, she is reading her messages. It would seem logical in that case to ask the phone company to trace the pings.

I'm sure I read an article that said the father was found to be sending texts from her phone to his pretending to be her as a way of hiding what he'd done so I assume Police must have found her phone and have it in their possession as we speak though I could be wrong

So Scott’s charges are Murder and 4 separate charges of doing an act tending and intended to pervert the cause of public justice. To which he has gone not guilty to all of them.

Sarah’s charges are 4 separate charges of doing an act tending and intended to pervert the cause of public justice. She has plead guilty to just 2 of these charges so she will need to fight the other 2 charges in court.

I think I have it right?

I expect the police have it now? They were clearly using it after she vanished. As Sarah has admitted 2 charges in relation to Bernadette’s phone. It’s either been destroyed or the police have it?

That's what I said, surely the police have her phone if the parents were using her phone to pretend she'd texted them. So her sibling saying the messages he's sent are read means nothing, just means Police and Detectives are reading the texts/posts/inboxes as part of their investigations

That's what I said, surely the police have her phone if the parents were using her phone to pretend she'd texted them. So her sibling saying the messages he's sent are read means nothing, just means Police and Detectives are reading the texts/posts/inboxes as part of their investigations
Correct, they will be looking into every message received on that phone. I’m sure they will have access to all of her social media accounts as well which will be used as evidence in the trial! <Modsnip>

The point I was trying to make was that if her brother thinks the phone is still with Bernadette, and she is reading the messages, why doesn’t he try and trace the phone.

Does he not know that the police have the phone? Does he think Bernadette has another phone?

<Modsnip>
A theory of mine is the reason for the text at 1am on said date is the time the parents decided they needed some sort of alibi after burying her body, trying to cover their tracks, Hide their crime. Yes I expect the murder did take place on the 18th but they didn't think to use BWs phone as a false alibi until a couple days later.

I don't think the brother played a part in the murder, or even knows about it, but I do believe the brother knows of the emotional OR physical abuse his sister was suffering so in the back of his mind knows what has happened but feels a huge amount of guilt so chooses to believe she has run away as it's easier than facing the truth. If my theory is true then it's terribly sad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member