Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the route they took may have been

A16 northbound from Peterborough,
caught on the average speed camera just after the roundabout with Peterborough Rd and James Rd Google Maps
not on the next average speed camera just after the junction with B1040 so he had turned off to crowland on the B1040
through crowland,
then B1166 past crowland water tower, (phones connected to cell site there)
then Common Drove,
right onto Renew’s Drove,
left onto New Rd which ends at A1175 Deeping St Nicholas,
right onto the A1175 to Applegreen Services at Spalding, (seen at services)

then another journey back on the A1175 through Deeping St Nicholas, through Market Deeping, joining the A15 to Glinton.

And all that was a decoy for Bee's phone. Bee was disposed of in the hour and a half after Glinton.

If the previous night was locating / digging a burial site, then that hour and a half after Glinton is the only logical time for disposal.

But would they really travel all that way round Spalding and go to service station with a body in the car? Surely not. It's this detail that makes me think disposal happened the night before.

caught on the average speed camera just after the roundabout with Peterborough Rd and James Rd Google Maps
not on the next average speed camera just after the junction with B1040 so he had turned off to crowland on the B1040
through crowland,
then Common Drove,

then another journey back on the A1175 through Deeping St Nicholas, through Market Deeping, joining the A15 to Glinton.

And all that was a decoy for Bee's phone. Bee was disposed of in the hour and a half after Glinton.

If the previous night was locating / digging a burial site, then that hour and a half after Glinton is the only logical time for disposal.

But would they really travel all that way round Spalding and go to service station with a body in the car? Surely not. It's this detail that makes me think disposal happened the night before.

I was just having a look back at the reporting -

Trial, Tues 15th June -

Ms Wilding, continuing to open the case to the jury this morning (June 15), said ANPR technology tracked Scott Walker’s Mercedes as it travelled along the A16 and A1175 towards Cowbit - but a record showed the car had not travelled along that road since October 2019.

Ms Wilding said: “At 12.27am Scott and Sarah Walker are placed at the lock up garage.

“In the hours that followed both parents travelled to a remote area of Cambridgeshire near Cowbit, on the A16 near Spalding and the A1175 near Market Deeping.

“Police enquiries of records of the areas show that from October 2019 until that date, Scott Walker’s silver Mercedes never travelled on these roads to Cowbit,

The car was seen at the Apple Green Service Station on the A1175 at 1.17am, leaving at 1.19am, with messages still being sent from Bernadette’s phone.

Bernadette Walker murder trial: Teenager’s parents made midnight trip to Cowbit day after Bernadette was last seen alive, jury told

Trial, Fri 18th June -

In the early hours of July 20, phone data was able to place Scott Walker, Sarah Walker and Bernadette’s phones in the Cowbit area - but for an hour and 20 minutes, all the phones were turned off, and there were no camera sightings of Scott Walker’s car. Earlier in the week, when opening the case, Lisa Wilding QC, prosecuting, said this time was an opportunity to dispose of Bernadette’s body.

An average speed camera picked up Scott Walker’s silver Mercedes travelling on the A16 northbound away from Peterborough at 12.37am.

The phones connected to a cell site known as ‘Crowland Water Tower’ at 12.42am.

Bernadette’s phone was connected to the network at 12.54, with it connected to a number of cell sites in the Cowbit area in the next 35 minutes.

The next sighting of Scott Walker’s car was on the A15 at Glinton at 1.49am.

Bernadette Walker Murder Trial: Hour and twenty minutes of ‘unexplained activity’ as Scott and Sarah Walker travelled to Cowbit in the middle of the night after teenager went missing

It's confusing because both ANPR and Average Speed Cameras are stated, but I think it could be:

12:37am Average Speed Camera A16 northbound to cowbit
12:42 phones at crowland water tower
12:54 to 1:29 B's phone cowbit area
1:17am A1175 Applegreen services
1:49 (ANPR?) A15 Glinton

excellent as always tortoise. That’s pretty much him serving a life sentence for the above. He’s driving weirdly but with a sort of plan. I know these roads quite well, but even I’m struggling to find out what he’s doing or where he is, as he’s just driving around in a loop down unlit roads trying to avoid built up areas.

I think it's most logical though, starting out from the lockup, Sarah there to oversee because she's wearing the trousers, and there was no time for a disposal on the way to Cowbit with their phones on, plus the hour and a half unaccounted for after Glinton with their phones off.

through crowland,
then Common Drove,

Interesting. What do you think happened with the 5 minute stop with the 33 steps? It doesn't take 30 minutes minus the 5 minutes to travel from the Apple Garage to Glinton. Did they come off at Deeping St Nicholas down New Rd and then on B1166 to Deeping Lakes. Did they stop there and chuck the phone in the Lake? Then on to Market Deeping and the A15 to be clocked at Glinton at 1:49am.

There are only two possible windows and I find each plausible. ScW could have disposed of BW on the 19th and the 20th was just a road trip based on BW's phone messaging or perhaps taking her to the location, or ScW prepared the ground on the 19th and they jointly buried her on the 20th.

Last edited:
Interesting. What do you think happened with the 5 minute stop with the 33 steps? It doesn't take 30 minutes minus the 5 minutes to travel from the Apple Garage to Glinton. Did they come off at Deeping St Nicholas down New Rd and then on B1166 to Deeping Lakes. Did they stop there and chuck the phone in the Lake? Then on to Market Deeping and the A15 to be clocked at Glinton at 1:49am.
I think Sarah perhaps wasn't expecting one of Bee's friends to reply to her message being as it was sent near 1am, and it was this conversation that delayed them. Sarah wanted to show Bee travelling to Cowbit, so they couldn't complete the second reason for their early morning jaunt and leave Cowbit until this conversation was finished. You see Sarah keep trying to finish the exchange but the friend is persistent.

12:54am to 1:29am
BW’s phone connected to the network. It connected with a number of cell sites in Cowbit area over these 35 minutes

BW’s phone: “Please leave me alone.”
Friends’s phone: “Bernadette - please go home.”
BW’s phone: “Everyone hates me now.”
Friend’s phone: “I don’t, your mum doesn’t.”
BW’s phone: “You should.”
Friend’s phone: “Well I don’t because I care about you.”
BW’s phone: “I’m OK
The friend sent a message asking who she was with, and a reply came back telling him no.
Friend’s phone: “OK, that’s fine. Your mum loves you so much and she really really misses you.”
BW’s phone: “Stop messaging people about me. I’ll throw my phone. Leave me alone.
Friend’s phone: “Are you serious?
BW’s phone: “Yeah.”
Friend’s phone “I just want you to go home.”
BW’s phone: “I know.”
A message from the friend said that she had ‘scared everyone’.
BW’s phone: “I don’t care. Sorry, got to go, they don’t know I actually have my phone.”

1.28am - The last message was sent from BW’s phone (possibly to finish the conversation recorded above), which said “I don’t know what to do, keeping my options open. K, bye.”

1:29am
BW’s phone disconnected from network.

So, Bee's phone off at 1:29, chucked away in those 33 steps ending at 1:37, then a 12 minute journey to Glinton.

I think Sarah perhaps wasn't expecting one of Bee's friends to reply to her message being as it was sent near 1am, and it was this conversation that delayed them. Sarah wanted to show Bee travelling to Cowbit, so they couldn't complete the second reason for their early morning jaunt and leave Cowbit until this conversation was finished. You see Sarah keep trying to finish the exchange but the friend is persistent.

12:54am to 1:29am
BW’s phone connected to the network. It connected with a number of cell sites in Cowbit area over these 35 minutes

BW’s phone: “Please leave me alone.”
Friends’s phone: “Bernadette - please go home.”
BW’s phone: “Everyone hates me now.”
Friend’s phone: “I don’t, your mum doesn’t.”
BW’s phone: “You should.”
Friend’s phone: “Well I don’t because I care about you.”
BW’s phone: “I’m OK
The friend sent a message asking who she was with, and a reply came back telling him no.
Friend’s phone: “OK, that’s fine. Your mum loves you so much and she really really misses you.”
BW’s phone: “Stop messaging people about me. I’ll throw my phone. Leave me alone.
Friend’s phone: “Are you serious?
BW’s phone: “Yeah.”
Friend’s phone “I just want you to go home.”
BW’s phone: “I know.”
A message from the friend said that she had ‘scared everyone’.
BW’s phone: “I don’t care. Sorry, got to go, they don’t know I actually have my phone.”

1.28am - The last message was sent from BW’s phone (possibly to finish the conversation recorded above), which said “I don’t know what to do, keeping my options open. K, bye.”

1:29am
BW’s phone disconnected from network.

So, Bee's phone off at 1:29, chucked away in those 33 steps ending at 1:37, then a 12 minute journey to Glinton.
Yes, that is spot on.

On a totally different track…

Do we know anything about whether BW had any contact or relationship with her bio father, or any relations on that side? Might he have been a confidant for BW? Do we know who he is, and might he yet have a part to play?

I believe we established that BW referred to ScW as “Dad”, did we not?

I don't believe that Bernadettes Biological father has come forward and declared himself or offered any comment so one might assume from that and her calling Scott 'Dad' that there was little or no relationship with him.

I don't believe that Bernadettes Biological father has come forward and declared himself or offered any comment so one might assume from that and her calling Scott 'Dad' that there was little or no relationship with him.

without being judgemental, there’s ten kids with seven different fathers. There’s possibly a lot of “dads” that come and go.

rather than going too deep or looking for more confusion, I think it’s best to look at the facts.

she is last seen getting into his car. He disappears for 90 minutes with his phone off. No one sees her ever again. Her stuff is at a place he visits, her phone is with the mum and is sending alibis. Both of them make a random middle of the night journey to the middle of nowhere where the phone disappears. Finally after three days they decide to report it to the police

they don’t have the body, but if there’s a mistake here, then it will be the weirdest set of circumstances ever. I don’t think we are looking for anyone else

They talked about it all through the night and into the morning. Then BW was sent to the grandparents.

It does raise the possible question of whether SaW knew about the abuse before BW disclosed it. They certainly put a hideously brutal plan into action with some immediacy. The current scenario seems to be: BW reports abuse to SaW and is sent to grandparents as a plan has been cooked up between her parents to murder her the following day, as she's crossed the line and talked about the abuse. The groundwork is being laid even as BW is being driven there (SaW taking phone and resetting social media passwords etc)

I feel there might be some plausibility in the idea that SaW knew some time before BW told her and so SaW and ScW went straight into Plan A. This also perhaps explains a little of why SaW didn't just report the abuse disclosure, and let ScW take the heat (what with the new relationship) - she knew, and so was complicit.

I keep thinking about the dynamics of the parents' relationship and the CPS decision to drop the charge of joint venture. Did they bring the charge based on the evidence, but ScW said as much as possible to protect her? His reported distress at the end of their relationship might be a factor.

So the CPS have no choice but to drop the joint enterprise charge, rather than run it and lose - if ScW is adamant that he was the only person in the car with BW when she 'ran away,' he was the last to see her, SaW did nothing wrong etc. - with the hope that the charge can be brought back in once the trial evidence unfolds before the jury.

through crowland,
then Common Drove,

Anyone willing to make a google maps with all these locations? I can try but I figured I'd ask as theres probably someone with better knowledge of these places than me lol.

sorry I did mean that one but got the wrong end location. The road is the Spalding bypass, or it’s meant to be but due to a nice dose of 1990s corruption it doesn’t do a very good job! My sister lives in donnington and uses it to work in Werrington. When I go the other way I avoid it as there’s at least 4 average speed cameras on that route. The fact he’s only triggered one means he’s turned off quite early. I suspect st nicks (I think he’s got links there if I remember) and then gone to cowbit the old way (which I swear by)

So glad your here! How far away exactly is Donnington? How long would a round trip there take? Would any of the stops they made or areas they have confirmed to be make sense for heading in that direction? I still believe Salters Way was a slip up. I know everyone says they think it was just a typo but didn't they play the recording of her calling in court? That could make sense if it was Slater/skater but salters is totally different sound sa vs sl ya know?

So glad your here! How far away exactly is Donnington? How long would a round trip there take? Would any of the stops they made or areas they have confirmed to be make sense for heading in that direction? I still believe Salters Way was a slip up. I know everyone says they think it was just a typo but didn't they play the recording of her calling in court? That could make sense if it was Slater/skater but salters is totally different sound sa vs sl ya know?
They were making it up on the hoof. Between Salter's Way and Mountsteven, was clearly meant to be Skater's Way and Mountsteven. Both were part of the lie. Once it gets to press interest, it's Skater's Way (sometimes Skater's Avenue, which is a hybrid of Skater's Way and Mountsteven Avenue). The latter has a turn off to Churchfield Road and ScW's lock up. Nothing in the information we have suggests Donnington is part of the story.

without being judgemental, there’s ten kids with seven different fathers. There’s possibly a lot of “dads” that come and go.

RSBM - Not sure where that particular journalist got 7 fathers from - not sure that's correct! Multiple yes, I would suggest 5 not 7.

Though that is neither here nor there ... the one that matters is the 'Dad' in the Dock.

Just a thought re the significance of Uldale Way in the early hours of the 19th and the 2 hours and 17 minutes window of opportunity. I do think the phone was hidden by ScW, probably in the car park to the north of Uldale Way, to give the impression that he'd not moved from near there the whole time.

Police did searches in October in the fields on the opposite side of the A15 from Uldale Way all the way up to Newborough and the B1443. Travelling east on this road leads to Crowland/Peterborough Road. Heading north, the first turn on the right is Hill Farm House, Crowland, where ScW did a substantial fencing job (photos on his 'Hih-maintenance Property-maintenance' business FB page). Perhaps he knew this land sufficiently well to dig a grave in the dark and know he wouldn't be noticed and, if not filled there and then with BW, that the open grave would not be seen during the day. He also knew how hard or soft the ground would be having dug the post holes for the fences. Glinton to Hill Farm House is maybe 15 minutes and about the same from Hill Farm House to Century Square. Perhaps slightly longer for each at night, if indeed a hole was filled there on the following night after the drive up to the Apple Garage.

If you look back on the thread, I've mentioned this land and the fencing job before. I'm surprised it was never searched. There's one occupied private cottage at the farm but the farm buildings and farmland are unconnected and separately leased, i.e there is no resident farmer.

Last edited:
The other thought I had was the woodland to the west of Bretton. I believe they lived in Bretton before Century Square. At the north end, there's a pull in and a locked gate just past the crematorium. ScW was a locksmith, but how good was he with padlocks?

donnington and back would be quite quick on the bypass as you would stay until baytree and then jump on the surfleet road all the way down. You could do it in 40 minutes, but that’s not leaving a great deal of time to do much when there, and if I remember that road is a cul de sac, so you would be driving past abandoned woods, dykes, ditches, rivers, barely used farm roads, to head to a residential cul de sac two towns over.

You are right and he does 100% say that

Anyone know if they've searched the River Nene? It goes straight to the ocean. Anyone know how fast it flows or if it could take a body all the way out to sea?

incredibly fast. However despite being in Peterborough, he’s actually not near it at any stage. of the confirmed sightings and places, his house is possibly the closest they get.

also it’s all locks along the way (so we don’t go underwater!) so when bodies do end up in the water, the poor guy down at stanground locks is normally asked to go and take a look

He is however near the welland and the coronation canal, plus countless dykes and lakes. We have a lot of water and flood defences here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo