GUILTY UK - Brianna Ghey, 16, murdered in Culcheth Linear Park, Feb 2023 *2 teenagers charged*

Numerous posts on the previous thread contained sub judice violations. Rather than spending a lot of time scrubbing that one clean, a new thread was created for discussion of the trial.

Wow, what a horrible crime. I feel so bad for the victim's loved-ones.

I think they really need to look into what the two defendants' caregivers knew. Did they they know about their childrens ' alleged texts, alleged access to knives, etc? JMO.

I'm finding it harder to adhere to sub judice in this case than I did with another English case I followed. I'll try to work out better where the lines are.

Looks like the court artist this time around might be working with pencil and watercolours, or maybe brush markers? It's a different look to the pastels you often see in court illustrations.

MOO

I'm finding it harder to adhere to sub judice in this case than I did with another English case I followed. I'll try to work out better where the lines are.

Looks like the court artist this time around might be working with pencil and watercolours, or maybe brush markers? It's a different look to the pastels you often see in court illustrations.

MOO
I think it shows well how young these defendants are to be charged with such a horrific crime. I like how the defendants are in monochrome with everyone else in colours.

At the conclusion of the video, Ms Heer says: “I think that’s probably about as far as we can take things today. There is work the lawyers can do to try and reduce some of the evidence we hear next week. We’re where we wanted to be by the end of week one.”

Justice Yip tells the jury: “You can have an early start to your weekend. It’s reassuring to know we’ve got to where we’re expected to get to by the end of the day. I know how hard the lawyers are working outside of court. I’ve seen emails sent very late at night. It’s probably a good idea to allow them to catch up with things.”

Glad things are moving along the way they expected it to.

This from today...

Girl X deleted a Snapchat conversation with Brianna, then at 11.47am messaged her to say: “Girl, is everything okay? And some teenage girl got killed in Linear Park it’s on news everywhere. And why did you ditch us for some random man from Manchester. Like wtf. That is so up.”

At the conclusion of the video, Ms Heer says: “I think that’s probably about as far as we can take things today.
There is work the lawyers can do to try and reduce some of the evidence we hear next week. We’re where we wanted to be by the end of week one.”

Not sure why they would reduce evidence ?

link for above

So boy O is X's boyfriend, but he was also in the notes of people to be killed found in X's bedroom. I'm glad they're using letters instead of names but I find it harder to get my head around it.

She then messages her boyfriend on Snapchat asking: “Did you sleep well honey?”

Boy O responded: “Surprisingly yeah. What about you?”

[...]

Ms Heer says “notes along these lines were found” when Girl X’s bedroom was searched by police.

X: “I need help killing someone called Boy R. It's his fault if I get expelled. I really hate him and he’s an easy kill. He told the teacher about me taking pills and stuff. Boy R is a d*** to me and Boy O, he deserves to die.”

So boy O is X's boyfriend, but he was also in the notes of people to be killed found in X's bedroom. I'm glad they're using letters instead of names but I find it harder to get my head around it.

She then messages her boyfriend on Snapchat asking: “Did you sleep well honey?”

Boy O responded: “Surprisingly yeah. What about you?”

[...]

Ms Heer says “notes along these lines were found” when Girl X’s bedroom was searched by police.

X: “I need help killing someone called Boy R. It's his fault if I get expelled. I really hate him and he’s an easy kill. He told the teacher about me taking pills and stuff. Boy R is a d*** to me and Boy O, he deserves to die.”
I think she meant, boy R is a dick to both me and boy O … boy R needs to die. Not that boy O needs to die.

I was taken aback at how upset girl x boyfriend (boy o) seemed after learning about Brianna’s death. He said he was crying his eyes out and she was comforting him.
How chilling is that? I hope he’s getting support he needs because that poor boy is going to be seriously affected at hearing the stuff his girlfriend was saying her fantasies were. It seems he had no idea.

X to O: “I’m going station now. I told my parents about Brianna.”

O: “You can’t hide s*** from the police.”

Girl X visits the BBC News website again and looks at an article about Brianna’s death on Leigh Journal.

X to O: “I’m gonna explain everything.”

O: “Do you want the person to get found or not?”

X: “Of course I do.”

Girl X then tries to call her boyfriend on Snapchat before messaging him “I think I need to call police.”

Boy O replies: “What the *advertiser censored** is going on?”

X: “It was Brianna that got killed apparently.”

O: “Said who?”

Girl X goes onto the internet and looks at a BBC News article entitled “murder enquiry started over girl who died in culcheth park”.

Boy O adds: “Please.”

X: “On the news.”

O: “I’m really struggling now.”

X: “It’s Brianna.”

O: “Please.”

At 3.32pm, the woman sends another message over Facebook saying: “She’s passed away. She got stabbed. Her names Brianna.”

Girl X then continues to message Boy O on Snapchat to say: “I’m sorry.”

O: “I’m *advertiser censored**ing crying my eyes out, I’m worried sick. Why’s your mate just been stabbed?”

I think she meant, boy R is a dick to both me and boy O … boy R needs to die. Not that boy O needs to die.

I was taken aback at how upset girl x boyfriend (boy o) seemed after learning about Brianna’s death. He said he was crying his eyes out and she was comforting him.
How chilling is that? I hope he’s getting support he needs because that poor boy is going to be seriously affected at hearing the stuff his girlfriend was saying her fantasies were. It seems he had no idea.

X to O: “I’m going station now. I told my parents about Brianna.”

O: “You can’t hide s*** from the police.”

Girl X visits the BBC News website again and looks at an article about Brianna’s death on Leigh Journal.

X to O: “I’m gonna explain everything.”

O: “Do you want the person to get found or not?”

X: “Of course I do.”

Girl X then tries to call her boyfriend on Snapchat before messaging him “I think I need to call police.”

Boy O replies: “What the *advertiser censored** is going on?”

X: “It was Brianna that got killed apparently.”

O: “Said who?”

Girl X goes onto the internet and looks at a BBC News article entitled “murder enquiry started over girl who died in culcheth park”.

Boy O adds: “Please.”

X: “On the news.”

O: “I’m really struggling now.”

X: “It’s Brianna.”

O: “Please.”

At 3.32pm, the woman sends another message over Facebook saying: “She’s passed away. She got stabbed. Her names Brianna.”

Girl X then continues to message Boy O on Snapchat to say: “I’m sorry.”

O: “I’m *advertiser censored**ing crying my eyes out, I’m worried sick. Why’s your mate just been stabbed?”

Thanks, that makes more sense.

I'm not sure if we're allowed to debate whether or not this was a trans gender hate crime? But on a very general note, I remember at school there was always bullying and the poor bullied child was usually an easy target (overweight, too clever, not very intelligent, or any other feature that made them stand out). I was at school in the 1980s and I cannot even imagine what would have happened if a child had started coming to school dressed as a different gender, the bullying would have been unimaginable - not for trans reasons per se but simply for being different. Maybe children now accept this but in my day it would have taken a lot of courage for Brianna to be trans gender - I used to dread going into school after having a new haircut!

So, I'm just curious, those with teenage children, or who work with them, is this something that is easily accepted amongst young people nowadays?

(for added context, my school was v religious so we weren't allowed to wear dresses more than 2 inches above the knee, and boys weren't allowed hair touching their collar, amongst many other rules, so my experience might not be what others experienced in the UK in the 1980s)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daisy102502
Back