UK UK - Bristol, WhtMale 571UMUK, 25-35, fell from Clifton bridge, May'96

I forgot to mention that the video was runaway train by soul asylum which features marks photo and missing date .

Hi a bit late to the thread I know, but have we considered Michael Brian Hammond from BC, Canada as a possible for this UID? He disappeared at 16 in 1991, which would make him 21 when the UID was found. Physical similarities are remarkable. Unsure how he would have made it from Canada to Bristol but there's five years of interim unaccounted for. What do you think?

Hi a bit late to the thread I know, but have we considered Michael Brian Hammond from BC, Canada as a possible for this UID? He disappeared at 16 in 1991, which would make him 21 when the UID was found. Physical similarities are remarkable. Unsure how he would have made it from Canada to Bristol but there's five years of interim unaccounted for. What do you think?
Welcome to Ws hmacl, thanks for the suggestion, it is never too late to join up and add to a thread!
This is Michael's thread..
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?114101-Canada-Michael-Hammond-16-Richmond-BC-24-Nov-1991&highlight=Michael+Brian+Hammond
[h=2]Canada - Michael Hammond, 16, Richmond, BC, 24 Nov 1991[/h]

cache.php
cache.php

Michael Brian Hammond
Missing since November 24, 1991 from Richmond, British Columbia Canada
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

• [*]Date Of Birth: January 21, 1975
    [*]Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
    [*]Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'10; 155 pounds
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Blond hair; blue eyes. Fair complexion.
  • Marks, Scars: Hammond has a small scar under his chin. He has freckles.
  • Clothing: He was last seen wearing a blue/black nylon jacket.

This one makes me so sad. I can't find any contemporary articles reporting on it. Odd.

I do wonder, assuming this was a suicide, why he scratched all the details off the card instead of getting rid of it entirely, though...

This mp has been ruled out as a match for this uid, but wow- they do look similar, imo. rbbm.
UK Missing Persons Unit
Silk cut cigarettes, Paperback book - 'The Greatest Batman Stories', Great Britain A-Z map, Thomas Moores 'Utopia' book, no outer cover and 'West Glamorgan County Council' on the front page, Holy Bible, London shopper, Guide map Eurohike Adventure, Black sleeping bag, Cardboard with handwritten message 'Sleeping rough, thank you', Green towel, Blue umbrella, Black corkscrew, 'Barclays' blank giro slip, 3 x disposable razors, Shaving stick, 'Lynx' body spray, Yellow toothbrush, Tin opener, Red penny whistle, White cup, �6.61 cash, Passport size photo
Known not to be
Petrus Antonius BEENTJES

Petrus Antonius Jacobus Josef Beentjes
Petrus Antonius Jacobus Josef Beentjes
  • Nederlands

This one makes me so sad. I can't find any contemporary articles reporting on it. Odd.

I do wonder, assuming this was a suicide, why he scratched all the details off the card instead of getting rid of it entirely, though...

Some kind of mental health issue I would assume.

Some kind of mental health issue I would assume.
If he was a suicide, then I suppose it stands to reason that he had mental health issues of some kind. However, I wouldn't assume that he was a suicide. He may have fallen, or he may have been pushed. Here in the US, homeless people are often attacked and sometimes killed just for sport.
Oftentimes the attackers are psychopathic teenagers. However, I remember hearing—years ago, long before the worldwide web—that sheriff's deputies in some town out west had been killing homeless people and burying them out in the desert because they were considered a nuisance. (I tried to do a google search in order to vet that story, but I kept coming up with too many irrelevant results. I don't remember the state or the year, so I couldn't narrow the search the way I might have liked to do.)

I was browsing missing persons pages and found this guy, I couldn't find any other info though, and no dates, he might not even be missing now but the similarities made me think of this uid.
The photo looks quite old so it's possible.

Christopher O'Neill
Missing People :: Message Details

http://www.missing-people.co.uk/images/373_2213RujJKKiDOQjR.jpg
Definitely worth researching this guy a bit more to see if he’s still missing and what the dates were. There’s an email address there for contact right?

Definitely worth researching this guy a bit more to see if he’s still missing and what the dates were. There’s an email address there for contact right?

Yeah I'll try the email, I hope it's still active.
I tried searching for the poster on Facebook but the name is too common

I was browsing missing persons pages and found this guy, I couldn't find any other info though, and no dates, he might not even be missing now but the similarities made me think of this uid.
The photo looks quite old so it's possible.

Christopher O'Neill
Missing People :: Message Details

http://www.missing-people.co.uk/images/373_2213RujJKKiDOQjR.jpg

I google searched the Yahoo email address and it took me to her missing person appeal but the message at the top is different!

Says Christopher got in touch...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190803-110204_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190803-110204_Chrome.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 18
If it was suicide I think the reason the details were scratched off of the university ID is because he wanted whoever found him to know it was HIS body and that's who he was but he didn't want anyone to know his name ie family, maybe he wanted them to believe he was off travelling the world and didn't want to cause them heartache

Search Results
Image result for dennis walsh missingView attachment 100164 Wow I think I managed to post a pic :blushing: I think there is quite

quite a similarity with John Doe. Janeway you may be on to something here hopefully.View attachment 100166

Has Dennis Walsh ever been ruled out? I think they look remarkably similar! Janeway send it in to doenet iirc, did anything come from it?

Yes they really are very similar! Has someone send this in?

20191031_081122.jpg hammond_michael_brian_nov241991.jpg

Yes they really are very similar! Has someone send this in?

View attachment 212413 View attachment 212414

I personally do not think this John Doe is anyone on current missing person list in UK. Around 2012 was mass sweep done by police to obtain DNA's of all missing people in their database. If it was anyone from there (including Dennis Walsh) match would show by now.

With regards to someone missing from abroad manual comparison has to be done. Not sure if Hammond was submitted.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back