Recovered/Located UK - Cardiff - 3 Women & 2 Men Missing, leaving nightclub approx 2am, Newport, 4 March 2023

gc105

Reaction score

Names of the missing people:
Eve Smith, 20
Sophie Russon, 20
Darcy Ross, 20
Shane Loughlin
Rafel Jeanne

Friends and family of three women and two men are appealing for help to find them after they went missing following a night out in the early hours of Saturday, March 4. It's understood their families have not heard from them since and are growing desperately worried.

Sophie Russon, Eve Smith, and Darcy Ross, all 20 years old and from Newport, were at the Muffler bar and club in Maesglas in Newport on Friday evening before friends believe they headed to Trecco Bay in Porthcawl with Shane Loughlin and one other man who is also believed to be missing. WalesOnline is seeking confirmation on the name of the second man.

Last edited:
Sounds like they all went off in one car onto somewhere and the car has gone off the road and in a ditch en route, I would say. Hard to think of any other explanation.
Yes that was my initial thoughts too. Foul play seems unlikely, but for all 5 to not have made any contact with family for almost 2 days makes me think they’ve come to some sort of harm. Can only think they’ve possibly been driving at speed or under the influence and have crashed car into an embankment and not been found due to it happening in the middle of the night (all IMO of course!).

I’ve just had to Google it and that’s a fair old distance to be travelling, especially as Cardiff appears closer if they were just looking to carry on partying. Anyone know why they were going there?

That's weird. Doesn't seem to be any crevices, ponds or any other places where a car can fall into and not be found for a while on the route from Maesglas to Trecco Bay.

COPS have launched a desperate search for three young women who have all been missing for more than 36 hours.

Sophie Russon, Eve Smith and Darcy Ross, all 20, have not been seen since enjoying a night out at the Muffler nightclub in Newport, Wales on Friday.

Friends of the trio believe they headed to Trecco Bay in nearby Porthcawl with two men, who are also believed to be missing, in the early hours of March 4.

The pair were named by The Mirror as Refel Jeanne and Shane Loughlin.

The women's worried families say none of them have been active on social media since their disappearance.

[...]

In a social media post, Lauren wrote: "It is known that they went to the Muffler in Maesglas and then went to Trecco Bay on Friday night but left there to an unknown location during the night.

"They were last seen at approximately 2am.

"None of them have made contact with friends or family, which is very unusual. We are all worried sick and thinking the worst."

[...]

Hmmm… I assume at least one of their phones could be traced maybe? Very odd situation..
If some of the occupants of the car were on different mobile networks it should be MUCH easier to track assuming they were all together.
A single mast pinging to a mobile will just give a direction and an approx distance but if say they had 3 mobiles connected to 3 different masts then they could get a very accurate last ping position of the group by triangulation of each of mobile's.

[...]

Sister of Eve Smith, LD, said her sister was last seen "in the Cardiff area at around 2am on Saturday morning".

She said the matter had been reported to the police yesterday (Saturday, March 4), but that she had been told it was "low-risk" at this time and that more time would have to pass before that status was changed.

LD said her sister did not have her bag or car keys with her and that all the girls' phones were unreachable.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back