UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
They not only see the cease in activity, also the movement of the handset.
There is absolutely no reason to believe the police knew with pinpoint accuracy where CL phone was between her last known sighting and the phone being switched off. You are bringing this to the table. It's what you have decided the police must know.
They can't even confirm that the Phone was at Heworth Road when she spoke to her mother on the 18th.

At the beginning of the footage a silver car crosses the crosses the crossroad from left to right which would put it on the Melrosegate road.
Use the settings wheel on the video to slow the video viewing speed down.

Sorry, but that does not indicate the car was 'leaving'.
Leaving implies stopped at Heworth Road then set off again. As per PinkIzzy post.

No doubt the car was there, passing through.

I was thinking about the circumstances CL’s house was ‘left’ in when they first went in after her disappearance.
If she only took her rugsack, phone, straighteners and left her money, cards passport etc wouldn’t this surely be because she was going somewhere very nearby?

I guess we should focus and analyse the videos posted by the police. Alleyman has a receding hairline and walks with a limp. Also, I guess he's right handed as he restarts his walk with his right foot. This suggests he's probably not left handed.

I guess we should focus and analyse the videos posted by the police. Alleyman has a receding hairline and walks with a limp. Also, I guess he's right handed as he restarts his walk with his right foot. This suggests he's probably not left handed.

Its a good observation @Pinkizzy I recall the left handed smoker discussion here threw up that some people although right handed smoked left handed. I researched it a little and it becomes even more interesting as some people are mixed dominance.
Mixed dominance or cross laterality happens when a person doesn't favor the same side of the body for a dominant hand, foot, eye and ear.

Where this could make things more difficult but equally it could work in our favour when looking at potential persons of interest if someone appears to be mixed dominance.

IMO

There is absolutely no reason to believe the police knew with pinpoint accuracy where CL phone was between her last known sighting and the phone being switched off. You are bringing this to the table. It's what you have decided the police must know.
They can't even confirm that the Phone was at Heworth Road when she spoke to her mother on the 18th.
I replied to this before and it seems it was deleted, cannot understand why. They cannot confirm where the phone was on the 18th I suspect for investitive reasons. There is evidence to suggest they know exactly where the handset was up until it was switched off.

I replied to this before and it seems it was deleted, cannot understand why. They cannot confirm where the phone was on the 18th I suspect for investitive reasons. There is evidence to suggest they know exactly where the handset was up until it was switched off.
Would you be able to say what evidence? ....interesting! thanks.

I just see anyone taking her rucksack as highly unlikely - yes I try and keep an open mind but I think if alleywayman took it - it was with her consent as we know she was alive then . If she took it - she must of been alive when she left home - happy and thinking of work. My only other thinking is if she left alive taking her rucksack through the rear of the property alive and well - because she didn’t want to be seen going out the front - for some reason
Possibly to avoid the mystery boyfriend ( turned into a stalker ) because they have fallen out when she informed him she had just booked a foreign holiday with friends that did not include him .

Its a good observation @Pinkizzy I recall the left handed smoker discussion here threw up that some people although right handed smoked left handed. I researched it a little and it becomes even more interesting as some people are mixed dominance.
Mixed dominance or cross laterality happens when a person doesn't favor the same side of the body for a dominant hand, foot, eye and ear.

Where this could make things more difficult but equally it could work in our favour when looking at potential persons of interest if someone appears to be mixed dominance.

IMO
It looks like alleyman restarts his walk with his left foot - may be left handed smoker after all

Certainly in the tv documentry by Donal MacIntyre Gerrard tub (21 mins in) said the police have a pretty good idea of where she was when she made those calls due to the cell phone data but for operational reasons they have kept that to themselves.

In my opionion Gerrard Tubb is a well respected investigative journalist I find his reporting on the case to be most informative.

It looks like alleyman restarts his walk with his left foot - may be left handed smoker after all

Its a possiblilty. Of course we dont have proof that the alleyman smokes. But what we can see that the alleyman that rounds the corner is a short man and the male seen talking to the female on Melrosegate bridge was short so its worth noting for future reference.

P.S cigarette stubb found in Claudias car. Did forensics ever reveal which brand cigarette it was?

Its a possiblilty. Of course we dont have proof that the alleyman smokes. But what we can see that the alleyman that rounds the corner is a short man and the male seen talking to the female on Melrosegate bridge was short so its worth noting for future reference.

P.S cigarette stubb found in Claudias car. Did forensics ever reveal which brand cigarette it was?
Embassy

I think the brand of cigarette was discussed in great detail on this thread - maybe regal or something

Whats your thoughts on Steve Sammons the sender of the last text message being in the UK at the time?

Would you be able to say what evidence? ....interesting! thanks.
Take a look at this link it is from 2005, this is how it worked in 2005, however as time progressed with home router technology and mobile hot spots a phone can be pin point located as it connects to networks using its location requests. There are many cases prior to 2009 where the police used mobile technology with pin point accuracy.
BBC NEWS | Technology | Tracking a suspect by mobile phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member