UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take a look at this link it is from 2005, this is how it worked in 2005, however as time progressed with home router technology and mobile hot spots a phone can be pin point located as it connects to networks using its location requests. There are many cases prior to 2009 where the police used mobile technology with pin point accuracy.
BBC NEWS | Technology | Tracking a suspect by mobile phone

You also have to remember that Ray Galloway was 'Head of Intelligence' at the time he would have had access to sophisticated tracking technology

Last edited:
Warning !
If you have the habit of searching Google for Claudia Lawrence and you come across a link ‘ North Yorkshire police archives ‘
And it mentions Mike...
My provider warned me not to open it calling it fraudulent !

Warning !
If you have the habit of searching Google for Claudia Lawrence and you come across a link ‘ North Yorkshire police archives ‘
And it mentions Mike...
My provider warned me not to open it calling it fraudulent !
Did Mike live next door to the nags head. Is that the same person x

Hi all. I have been lurking here for some time, reading all 15 threads, the medium blogs msm articles, watching docs etc. :confused:

Like everyone I like to wander through google street view throughout the years, and found something I thought might be of interest to @Tri-Lambda delta

T-LD, you posted a while back that you were sure the braking Ford focus had a mini football kit hanger in the rear window. Came across a silver 2003 ff with something similar parked on Eboracum Way, September 2008.

think I am right in say that street has come up before.

Google Maps

Attachments

• D86BE658-8231-4B01-90B0-540B2A18DAA5.png
    D86BE658-8231-4B01-90B0-540B2A18DAA5.png
    560.9 KB · Views: 101
Was the FF not described as a pre-facelift so didn’t have the colour coded front and rear bumpers?
I may be mistaken but believed I read it was a pre 2001 model

Was the FF not described as a pre-facelift so didn’t have the colour coded front and rear bumpers?
I may be mistaken but believed I read it was a pre 2001 model

You may be right, I have seen stuff re the facelift. NYP say manufactured between ‘98 and ‘04 Old-style light coloured Ford Focus seen braking but I can’t imagine the model went completely unchanged for 6 years

Hi all. I have been lurking here for some time, reading all 15 threads, the medium blogs msm articles, watching docs etc. :confused:

Like everyone I like to wander through google street view throughout the years, and found something I thought might be of interest to @Tri-Lambda delta

T-LD, you posted a while back that you were sure the braking Ford focus had a mini football kit hanger in the rear window. Came across a silver 2003 ff with something similar parked on Eboracum Way, September 2008.

think I am right in say that street has come up before.

Google Maps
Interesting that the footage is missing from Google when you try and spin round on streetview nearby in Sep 2008? Could the police have requested Google take this down? The car is parked on double yellow lines too.

Interesting that the footage is missing from Google when you try and spin round on streetview nearby in Sep 2008? Could the police have requested Google take this down? The car is parked on double yellow lines too.

Street view can be tricky, I have encountered all manner of strange things where you have to approach from different directions etc. I think more often than not that is just down to how google patch the images together. Though I must say, I have seen properties related to this case blurred out completely. It may well be that there is a process whereby individuals can request google remove their property from view. And I am sure the police can!

ebm: corrected typo

So when exactly did Claudia start visiting Cyprus and just how many trips did she make to the island and where on Cyprus did she visit othe than Phaphos?
In this express newspaper article it says Dan said Claudias first visit to the island was with him in 2004 he visited the island with her again in 2007.
He goes on to say that she visited the island 8 more times so to his knowledge she had made 10 trips to the island from 2004-2008
Steve Sammons who moved out to Cyprus in 2008 said he visted Cyprus with Claudia as friends in 2007.
He says Claudia visited the island with Jen king in 2008, the arcticle states that he said these were the only times she went to Cyprus?
Even if we say she had 10 visits in 4 years thats quite a lot.
And we know she had a holiday booked to Cyprus in April 2009
(Not to mention the Cuba trips)

Where did she visit on the other trips to Cyprus was she staying at other resorts, was she staying with people she had formed friendships with?
Did she travel to the North side of the island?

Missing Claudia Lawrence did not come to Cyprus 4 years ago, insist pals

Street view can be tricky, I have encountered all manner of strange things where you have to approach from different directions etc. I think more often than not that is just down to how google patch the images together. Though I must say, I have seen properties related to this case blurred out completely. It may well be that there is a process whereby individuals can request google remove their property from view. And I am sure the police can!

ebm: corrected typo
I’m pleased you’ve posted - like looking through fresh eyes - good research!

As far as I know there is no way for the public to find a vehicle owner from number plate alone. If anyone knows differently please shout

As far as I know there is no way for the public to find a vehicle owner from number plate alone. If anyone knows differently please shout
You could do a full check on the plate - you’d have to pay but it would tell you if it’s been scrapped- be interesting to know when etc.

ive seen this as well
There’s a person registered there at that point.
I suggest you take a look for yourself
Residence Date: 2009

Address: Apartment 25, Milan House, Eboracum Way, YO31 7SS

Residence Place: York, North Yorkshire, England

I have just looked at the Ford Focus - it does seem to match - take a look here Old-style light coloured Ford Focus seen braking

I believe I read from an earlier post it was a T reg vehicle. They had the lower section of the rear bumper in a dark grey colour.
I must admit from the CCTV I cannot determine if it was an early or late Mark 1 focus but nice to see something different from the norm

You could do a full check on the plate - you’d have to pay but it would tell you if it’s been scrapped- be interesting to know when etc.

ive seen this as well

The vehicle was last MOTd in 2017 and expired October 2018.
It isn’t showing as taxed so may have been scrapped as it had done over 172,000 miles in 2017

So when exactly did Claudia start visiting Cyprus and just how many trips did she make to the island and where on Cyprus did she visit othe than Phaphos?
In this express newspaper article it says Dan said Claudias first visit to the island was with him in 2004 he visited the island with her again in 2007.
He goes on to say that she visited the island 8 more times so to his knowledge she had made 10 trips to the island from 2004-2008
Steve Sammons who moved out to Cyprus in 2008 said he visted Cyprus with Claudia as friends in 2007.
He says Claudia visited the island with Jen king in 2008, the arcticle states that he said these were the only times she went to Cyprus?

Where did she visit on the other trips to Cyprus was she staying at other resorts, was she staying with people she had formed friendships with?

so that's 8 times between 2007 and 2008?

ive seen this as well

This filing links Transcore to an Eboracum Way address, seemingly in reference to the purchase of 62 Heworth Road.
https://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/form/transcore/MR01/2018-11-26/131591887
2018 though so a good ten years after the google image

Dan reckons he visited Cyprus 3 times with Claudia, Steve and Robbie say Claudia visited them on two occasions. I guess Dan was misquoted about the 8 visits to the island.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdward01