UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or perhaps 5th started as a cover ! Perhaps never did or has existed. Perhaps the male is still married and happy x
So many possibilities. I read before a theory if Rogues were into criminal activity and Claudia fell in with the wrong crowd who were already being watched. Then Claudia may have been seen as the easiest link to threaten as her father and mother were upstanding citizens. Police boyfriend was given when it was discovered Claudia had been spotted with a police officer possibly at the investigation unit in Acomb. This could possibly be witnessed by a person at the Carlton tavern and suspicion came as the mystery boyfriend was never mentioned. Not even to her best friends and dear Claudia was sharing information of her friends. Again this is just another example of a Rumours that without proof means nothing sadly x x

I see what you mean. A factor where all suddenly realise they are bound to each other, and silence, for life.

Or pitched as a self defence/accident combo. Though in such a portrayal there would need to be an 'additional factor' which would persuade any potential accomplices that the events surrounding the death could not be satisfactorily explained to police as such.

I don't understand why Police would not assign a family liaison officer to help Joan Lawrence and help her through this difficult period.

She is saying that police are telling her nothing.

I guess it’s a difficult balance to strike. Police will not want anything getting out due to the forces they’re up against locally. They will also not want to give Mrs L false hope or incorrectly crush her hopes.

a difficult decision, one for senior officers in charge. There will not be any updates in my opinion, it’ll be revealed following arrests or nothing at all to update. Not even an ending of searches.

Unfortunately, I dont see how finding Claudia in the lake will lead to a POI being arrested, or re-arrested. Unless something incriminating was found with her, or possibly if someone has a very specific link to the location. The only other factor would be remorse, or someone noticing a change in behaviour.

I would love for her to be found though. I remember her friend SC said the song "find my way home" reminded her of Claudia. Here's hoping.

Unfortunately, I dont see how finding Claudia in the lake will lead to a POI being arrested, or re-arrested. Unless something incriminating was found with her, or possibly if someone has a very specific link to the location. The only other factor would be remorse, or someone noticing a change in behaviour.

I would love for her to be found though. I remember her friend SC said the song "find my way home" reminded her of Claudia. Here's hoping.

Many loyalties would be severely tested in my opinion

I agree @Vixey very sad for Joan, but there could well be a good reason for it.
Possibly and understandably unstable. Hence there is still hope article this week by Joan. Hope that Claudias alive from recently Halliwell. I can’t Imagine the mental turmoil she has been through. She needs to know what happened x

I can Imagine if the police are close, any perp will be on the next ship out of the country. I can imagine the waiting for that knock at the door:eek:
I think after all this time, they probably see themselves as invincible. Mentally in all this time they will have also moved on and have justified what happened in their heads repeatedly and over time
Those memories will have been corroded in favour of their actions - so feel no guilt or remorse.

Maybe they knew something a bit unsavoury about claudia, something they kept to themselves whilst her father was alive to avoid upsetting him any more than necessary, maybe now that excuse for keeping quiet has gone, a combination of guilt and stress has got them ralking

BBM - her mother is still alive, how has that excuse gone?

Surely her Mum has a right to know everything? I would have thought she would at least know why they are searching there and get a daily update.

My heart aches for her.
They have to play the long game to do whats right for the family, i.e. not risk compromising the investigation in any way.

Goodbye, dearest Holly by Kevin Wells was a real eye opener for me in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member