UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that she used the word 'left' instead of 'went missing'.
And she hesitated and her eyes went right before saying "Left"
Perhaps she was just searching for the right term.

Notice quite a bit od shoulder shrugging when she becomes emotional. Which is a suggestion of defeat.

I'm looking to pick up this thread properly......there's a lot to read! :eek:

FWIW, if Claudia had relationships with married men, then the most likely motive IMO is that she was going to expose it to his wife, with the financial/emotional (children) consequences of divorce for him, hence he silenced her.

It may not have been planned, possibly rage, but likely in a place other than her home.

I would say that this is the most likely scenario/motive but I look forward to exploring the additional evidence/theories.
what about - the 'wife' found out?

Att whitehall1212
Now this is what I call a ‘rabbit hole ‘
Fhs the young woman and others have made a Herculean effort to keep Claudia’s name in the news ! She was a close friend … lived with her even !
At one time she shunned the media because of all these insinuations !
I say leave her alone ! Just think about it !
The police know much more about her !
They never called her a POI

Interesting that she used the word 'left' instead of 'went missing'.

You are applying the vernacular from your experience of life and projecting onto someone else. JK is using the vernacular that is pertinent to her and maybe one that denies full acceptance that CL must be dead.

This is pseudo-science at the best of times and it takes a lot more than individual words to make an assessment of meaning.

The phone
If you have Claudia, her bag and her phone. Do you not turn it off immediately after the deed. if you know it is there.
Or
Do you keep it switched on to see what messages or calls come in that may indicate that people are starting to miss her.
Do you want to have access to photos, if there are any on the phone or texts that may point to what Claudia knew and who she was taking to?

Or it could have been as simple as not immediately having the phone or being able to locate the phone and once finding / discovering the phone, turning it off.

If Claudia was not killed at home, did the culprit have to return to Claudia's home, search it and locate the phone..
What should be taken into consideration in all of this is that as Claudia was described as a prolific tester, being separated from her phone would be unusual.

The phone in the hands of the culprit and remaining switched on, in itself is quite a risk. Unless the culprit has a good knowledge of phones, radius and mast and that their discovery by location would be unlikely?

Was it not declared that when the phone was turned off it could have been anywhere within a 9 mile radius of a certain mast?

Did the first SIO, Galloway not also say that he was aware of a more precise radius of the phone, but was this just him putting the frighteners on. It never transpired or became mentioned when the second and IMO far more professional SIO Malyn, re investigated the case and found many mistakes made by the first SIO, Galloway.
Maybe now, but what about in 2009? would a mobile be a first (or second) thought back then, especially if the person who was responsbile for Claudia disappearance was older than Claudia?

I suggested this a few years ago. If noone saw her leave the house, she may be in the cellar
I am wondering about the CCTV/home camera located in the front window of one of the houses opposite where Claudia lived. We have discussed this before on this thread, but even if windows were covered in condensation, surely something could have been seen?

I also wonder about the cCTV at the post office on the morning Claudia went missing - was this ever confimed that it was or was not Claudia and if not, what did LE base their findings on?

You are applying the vernacular from your experience of life and projecting onto someone else. JK is using the vernacular that is pertinent to her and maybe one that denies full acceptance that CL must be dead.

This is pseudo-science at the best of times and it takes a lot more than individual words to make an assessment of meaning.
Respectfully, I disagree. I have never heard that reference made in relation to a missing person.

<modsnip - bickering>. Compare it to language that she has previously used...
There is video with this article -

'Each one is as unbelievable as the next, but your friend suddenly going missing for 12 years is unbelievable in itself.'

ETA - links. BTW - I agree that JK is not a suspect or POI. Just pointing out the wording in the previously discussed video.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

I think this is the thing isn't it, it's not just the one interview that seems a little off, but the cumulative impression gained of her over the years. Imo!

<modsnip> Compare it to language that she has previously used...
There is video with this article -

'Each one is as unbelievable as the next, but your friend suddenly going missing for 12 years is unbelievable in itself.'

ETA - links. BTW - I agree that JK is not a suspect or POI. Just pointing out the wording in the previously discussed video.

This is such an unusual occurrence, which is compounded by so much gossip and rumour. How do any of us know how we would::

1. Process our good friend disappearing suddenly
2. Process the attitudes of the local community, the police and the wider world

<modsnip: Personalizing>

And not wanting to upset family and friends… all hoping and praying like most of us do that she could turn up alive and well !

I am wondering about the CCTV/home camera located in the front window of one of the houses opposite where Claudia lived. We have discussed this before on this thread, but even if windows were covered in condensation, surely something could have been seen?

I also wonder about the cCTV at the post office on the morning Claudia went missing - was this ever confimed that it was or was not Claudia and if not, what did LE base their findings on?
Did she leave the house when a bus drove by? Did she sneak into the back of a 4x4 parked outside her house? I don't know

Att whitehall1212
Now this is what I call a ‘rabbit hole ‘
Fhs the young woman and others have made a Herculean effort to keep Claudia’s name in the news ! She was a close friend … lived with her even !
At one time she shunned the media because of all these insinuations !
I say leave her alone ! Just think about it !
The police know much more about her !
They never called her a
<modsnip>
Yes I’ve thought about this and I’ve even commented on here before re this very idea. When you dig down into this case you realise - that there would be no hiding place - even the police have police which will leak details given enough persuasion. Plus it would mean them giving up life as they know it - to be looking over their shoulder for the rest of their life - fearful they may have an equal
Or worse fate than Claudia -it’s just not going to happen.
If I was NYP and I wanted this to be solved (and perhaps they don’t) then I’d go back over the case - present a new revised case - put together a new time line and seek the specific info needed to close it off. - do it for Claudias Mum/Sister whilst they can still appreciate closure. Just re Jk - she could be a Christopher Jefferies Rabbit hole - but she could also be a Vincent tabak lurking in the background - unless you have evidence either way then unfortunately she remains on my table.

It does not follow that just because you have not heard of it, it is not so! Can you imagine if detectives worked on this principle?
As they haven't got very far with whatever strategy they're using, perhaps it's time to revisit Claudia's friends interviews and body language. JK and SC gave numerous interviews although SC hasn't been vocal lately. Claudia had another good friend. The one that was texting on the night before she didn't turn up for work. She had kept a dignified silence. All moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member