VERDICT WATCH UK - Constance Marten & Mark Gordon charged, Newborn (found deceased), Bolton Greater Manchester, 5 Jan 2023 #8

According to Law Pages, they went out to deliberate at 11.40, then were back in the courtroom 20 Minutes later, where it says 'Resume' and still like that almost 2hrs later. Maybe the person forgot to update it or maybe just maybe something un-reportable is going on. But prob just an admin error

I would never want to be on a jury but if I were, I fear I would be one of those "asking a million apparently stupid questions" types, because the fear that I could make the wrong decision and convict an innocent person/ let a guilty person off through not understanding it all properly would be immense

According to Law Pages, they went out to deliberate at 11.40, then were back in the courtroom 20 Minutes later, where it says 'Resume' and still like that almost 2hrs later. Maybe the person forgot to update it or maybe just maybe something un-reportable is going on. But prob just an admin error
As well as resuming at 12:01, they've resumed again at 14:26.

If some really newsworthy stuff had happened since the jury went out but which couldn't be reported, there'd be more press in court now, or at least being updated through the pool. As it happens, I don't think a single news site has even said a verdict is in.

Not even sure Holly is in the building.

I would never want to be on a jury but if I were, I fear I would be one of those "asking a million apparently stupid questions" types, because the fear that I could make the wrong decision and convict an innocent person/ let a guilty person off through not understanding it all properly would be immense
Absolutely this. I'd rather a trial be delayed due to questions being asked than end up with the wrong verdict being made. The jury need to get this right. We want them to fully understand the case surely. Also if the questions would have been an issue the judge would have raised it, it's their court.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back