UK - Constance Marten & Mark Gordon & Newborn (found deceased), Bolton Greater Manchester, 5 Jan 2023 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they were camping in the park they'd head down Stanmer Villas to the shops on Fiveways, police could have been laying in wait if this was a repeat trip. Lots of slumlords in that area too though, so they may have been housed.
I was hoping they were staying with someone, then more chance of the baby being okay. I don’t think they would have left the baby alone. IMO the baby is either with someone or dead. Really hope it’s not the latter.

The threshold to be arrested in England is not as high as in some other jurisdictions; no need to make out too much of a real case but simply for the police to have reasonable grounds. Without my saying anyone has done anything wrong here: even if no charges are later brought, it would not from what’s in the press be unreasonable to arrest the couple immediately IMO on suspicion of child neglect if suspecting not having provided the child with sufficient shelter, and depending what has been said or not said or revealed on where the child is, there might have been other charges laid out.

Really hope the child is OK.
It is also possible that considering the concern that there are now court orders in place rhar will mean legally the baby has been abducted by CM and AG

I feel for Constance and Mark. They've spent £££ and taken such drastic measures just to prevent their baby being ripped away from its parents.
When there is a police chase and the suspect is being driven to take desperate measures that could endanger themselves or others just to get away the police have a duty of care for the suspects well being too and must act accordingly. Its a shame they haven't shown that same duty of care throughout this case.
If they'd of come out and said 'if you guys come back now, we'll make sure you stay in the baby's life and do all we can to support you as a family' then maybe there would have been a much better outcome then a family being homeless on the run for months and now a missing baby.
Constance and Mark are responsible for their actions. Don't get me wrong. But the way this case has been handled has done that family, and especially that baby, no favours.
I'm still holding out hope that the baby is being looked after by whoever housed them while Mark and Constance went to the shop ect. But honestly this whole case is heartbreaking and a serious review into that way its been conducted is needed.

I feel for Constance and Mark. They've spent £££ and taken such drastic measures just to prevent their baby being ripped away from its parents.
When there is a police chase and the suspect is being driven to take desperate measures that could endanger themselves or others just to get away the police have a duty of care for the suspects well being too and must act accordingly. Its a shame they haven't shown that same duty of care throughout this case.
If they'd of come out and said 'if you guys come back now, we'll make sure you stay in the baby's life and do all we can to support you as a family' then maybe there would have been a much better outcome then a family being homeless on the run for months and now a missing baby.
Constance and Mark are responsible for their actions. Don't get me wrong. But the way this case has been handled has done that family, and especially that baby, no favours.
I'm still holding out hope that the baby is being looked after by whoever housed them while Mark and Constance went to the shop ect. But honestly this whole case is heartbreaking and a serious review into that way its been conducted is needed.
But it wouldn't have necessarily have been true.

I think the police have treaded very carefully with this case.

But it wouldn't have necessarily have been true.

I think the police have treaded very carefully with this case.

They can't make promises like that, for all we know there are very good reasons for concern. You can't just have someone run off with a baby and promise them the baby won't be removed. It just doesn't and couldn't work like that.

I think the police have been very careful with this case. If you go back to the start of the search in january, you will see the ‘careful’ tone they used in trying to appeal to them to do the right thing with their baby. Without saying too much on here, there is a lot of things the gen public dont know about these two & quite rightly so. The police cannot make sweeping statements to guarantee they will be able to keep the child ec-thats not the polices job, thats SS’s..is an indicator that the others are not in MG or CM’s care, maybe for good reason..i just hope the baby is found safe and well which was all this case was about.

I agree with you entirely StillDiggin.

Well all my my theories were totally wrong, but a lot of what the police had guessed seems to have been on the money. Stanmer Villas is a residential street so unless they were squatting (possible) it seems likely they were harboured by someone. I wonder if that reward helped.

I’m casting my mind back to the last time the child was seen. I really hope it will be found safe & well, but I keep thinking back to them ditching the pram before leaving London. Most taxis would be able to fit a pram in their boot and if they still had the baby it seems odd that they get rid of it before they absolutely needed to. It sounds like the police spoke to the taxi driver who drove them to Newhaven who would have known if they had a baby with them or not.

I wonder if the police have known (or suspected) since January that the baby was no longer with them but held that back. Hopefully it’s okay but it doesn’t sound good, sadly.

Well all my my theories were totally wrong, but a lot of what the police had guessed seems to have been on the money. Stanmer Villas is a residential street so unless they were squatting (possible) it seems likely they were harboured by someone. I wonder if that reward helped.

I’m casting my mind back to the last time the child was seen. I really hope it will be found safe & well, but I keep thinking back to them ditching the pram before leaving London. Most taxis would be able to fit a pram in their boot and if they still had the baby it seems odd that they get rid of it before they absolutely needed to. It sounds like the police spoke to the taxi driver who drove them to Newhaven who would have known if they had a baby with them or not.

I wonder if the police have known (or suspected) since January that the baby was no longer with them but held that back. Hopefully it’s okay but it doesn’t sound good, sadly.
Det.Supt. from the Met. They've joined Sussex Police in the search. His words indicate where they are looking first.

Theres a bit more updated here -theyve been arrested on child neglect. Apparently were sleeping in a caravan or outdoors

The poor baby. I really hope, but doubt, it's ok.

The video interview linked to above seems to suggest they weren't staying on Stanmer Villas; he makes reference to the nearby open land (Wild Park?) nearby that they were heading towards.

They also say they've had no new information since the arrests; presumably they're going no comment in the interviews - a common enough tactic but it does indicate that, unsurprisingly, they've got zero interest in helping the authorities find the baby. Either they've given the baby to someone they consider safe on the agreement they can visit (unlikely IMO) or the baby has died and they've buried it in an unmarked grave, and don't want a charge of 'causing or allowing the death of a child'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff