Recovered/Located UK - Constance Marten & Mark Gordon & Newborn, left a broken down car on motorway, Bolton Greater Manchester, 5 Jan 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Did he give any indication of their current status at all?
I dont want to misquote, i think he said they are working on their last known sighting, that made me think they have more recent pics. Current status - missing and could be anywhere, they have been known to travel extensively (in the uk) before this also. He asked the public to be vigilant, and i think he said especially Londoners, they showed a picture of the tent. MOO

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

<modsnip> Homeless Families & children are top priority & put into temp accommodation or emergency b&b’s. There are many homeless outreach workers/volunteers expecially at the time of year checking tents & the homeless community, night & cold weather shelters are open for overnighting in this cold weather etc but i doubt you could take a baby into one and not be noticed!. I would think a new born baby would stick out like a sore thumb and be impossible to conceal amongst the homeless community plus there would be a duty of care from outreach workers to report the situation as a matter of urgency. I dont think CM & MG are sleeping rough or hiding amongst the homeless as they probably know they couldnt stay hidden for long and would be forced to engage with SS/police which they obv dont want to do etc etc. Their situation is becoming more chaotic and its very worrying for the babys health and well being. I still feel there is definately something else going on, as why put yourself/family/friends through all this stress when it could all be resolved by a call telling the police that they are ok..so things are clearly not ok on both sides..JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip> Social services/local authroirities are very quick to put homeless families into some sort of emergency accomodation, and children into foster care if needed. I'm sure there are some, but having children will get you housed, which is why this family will stick out in the homeless community with a baby. (Anedoctal evidence from a school secratary, and the local newspapers are full of families who have a roof over their head but are in "unsuitable" housing)
This is true. I work in an associated field. Children are housed they are not left on the street. Having a baby means you will be housed. It may not be the housing you want but it will be a roof over your head provided by the local authority. Families in temporary housing are still termed as homeless for the purposes of statistics. This is true of the U.K.

Can't figure from the photo if CM is wearing a hood/scarf or hijab?
Think someone mentioned previously religious dress such as a burka would be an ideal disguise.

Imagine they're sourcing most of their food & supplies from street markets / small shops where cash is not unusual.
But needed to head to argos for the larger supplies
Agree MGs plastic bags are bizarre & draw attention. Seems most logical that they are ruined & he's trying to keep feet dry. Which suggests moneys running out.
I guess devil's advocate, could also be that they still have lots of money & he is trying to disguise a very distinctive (expensive) pair as they're entering high CCTV area.

On clothing, CM doesn't look like someone who has been living outside in this picture JMO, her clothing has changed from the long heavy coat layers in earlier pics to quite lightweight, it seems. Ankles exposed by the looks of it, between leggings & pumps? It's the sort of outfit this time of year you'd wear just to nip to the shops for example.
Perhaps just wishful thinking from me that they haven't been sleeping rough in this freezing weather

Lastly, I don't think they have another vehicle they are driving (parked up, sleeping or storage, maybe) . Buying one in cash is easy enough, but insuring, taxing it when you're on a nationwide watch list is impossible.
Ofc your car still runs & drives, but getting past ANPR cameras for long without getting pulled over is unlikely. & once that siren goes behind for a routine doc check, its game over

All just MOO
Re the lighter clothing C looks to be wearing - looks like her thick red coat is in pram, perhaps baby is wrapped in it.
Constance Marten: Police believe missing aristocrat, partner and baby sleeping in a tent in -3C

Is anyone watching bbc news this morning? They did a piece just there and lead officer was speaking, he said along the lines of cm/mg don't believe authorities should be involved in the care of themselves, or their child. And they've been living a nomadic lifestyle since September. They are not sure if the baby went full term.
Source bbc.co.uk
If the baby was not full term, I doubt very much it would have survived in the conditions it is living in. As the police seem to believe the baby is still alive, I presume it must have gone to full term. Obvs just my opinion.

Is anyone watching bbc news this morning? They a piece just there and lead officer was speaking, he said along the lines of cm/mg don't believe authorities should be involved in the care of themselves, or their child. And they've been living a nomadic lifestyle since September. They are not sure if the baby went full i
Found it...8.08

Seems you can only rewind two hours so catch it quick! (8:10 is as far as I can go)

ETA Ah yeah, I missed it - just caught the recap from presenters & thanks to the detective
Thanks but only available to UK people.
It's a shame.

I'm wondering if police are suggesting it to see if either CM or MG or anyone close to them responds to give them a lead as to where they actually are (imho not camping)?
I don't know.
I'm aware though that it is possible they are living in a nice warm house and that the baby is healthy and well cared for <modsnip - unnecessary>.

''The Metropolitan Police's detective superintendent Lewis Basford, who is leading the investigation, told the BBC he was "really concerned" the baby could have been subjected to recent harsh weather.

He said: "We're really concerned that a newborn baby, only days old at the time, would have been subjected to the harsh environments we've had in the last couple of weeks.
"We don't believe as a couple that they're looking to intentionally harm the baby, but we do know that those conditions and the fact they've had no medical attention since the birth could be a significant risk to the baby."
The force believes the couple are trying to "evade authorities".
Making a plea directly to the couple, he added: "I can say to Constance and Mark please come forward. This is about the baby's health and wellbeing.
"Please reach out to us."
Detectives think the couple could be anywhere in the country, and have asked dogwalkers to keep an eye out for a blue tent in local parks and wasteland.''

1674663479247.png
1674663553232.png

Jan 24 2023 rbbm.
''It's more than two weeks since a couple went missing with their newborn child and police say they are "extremely concerned" the family has been camping in sub-zero temperatures.''

''Police appealed directly to Ms Marten, saying their "number one priority" is to keep her "beautiful newborn safe".
GMP also insisted officers "do not wish to interrupt their family life".

All these confirmed sightings and CCTV yet not one person just thought to call the police, in London, to just come to the location there and then?! Weird. Especially with now knowing a newborn is sleeping essentially rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24