UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too was looking into this after it was mentioned. I couldn't see the graffiti that was mentioned. Then I couldn't find the post again to reply to. Just getting used to this site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was markys post yesterday at 0554. We can't quote it as it is on previous closed thread. Welcome and you do get used to it.

Marky, On the previous thread you mentioned some graffiti and an arrow on the buildings. When I checked the link you gave it seemed to refer to the
hobby of leaping across buildings and other structures. Does that mean that those buildings could be a location for that stuff? I.e. climbing up and jumping over those roofs?

I saw this way back at the beginning, the graffiti has been there since at least 2009 streetview so I have no reason to doubt it is still there. There are quite a few parkour and free running youtube videos around Bury St Edmunds but none of this area that I found. I did wonder about it but discounted it as Corrie looked very drunk and probably would not get very far and the Police are adamant that they have searched the rooftops.

I saw this way back at the beginning, the graffiti has been there since at least 2009 streetview so I have no reason to doubt it is still there. There are quite a few parkour and free running youtube videos around Bury St Edmunds but none of this area that I found. I did wonder about it but discounted it as Corrie looked very drunk and probably would not get very far and the Police are adamant that they have searched the rooftops.
Well people do strange things when they've had a few. Was this a hobby he could have been into ? It's strange that it is in an area particularly where he has disappeared. I have read that it has been searched but perhaps it should be checked again. It's a lot more likely than grindr or a hook up imo and would be a short cut back to the car wouldn't it?

Don't know. That's why I asked ;)

aowb9e.jpg

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.2...4!1sdSYkXgiUEc_Cr_zgOW0CtA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Quite possibly. Outside of Short Brackland the next cam is cam 10 (Google "Bury St Edmunds CCTV" and click the What Do They Know pdf link) but that camera is also catching the flow of traffic from Well Street, so there would be countless cars to check. It's also possible to turn off before that cam and head up Church Row. If you do that, you don't pass any other cctv cameras on the main system (again see the PDF and use google maps to verify the one way systems).

Basically, beyond Short Brackland, the number of possible potential vehicles and traffic rises massively because the cams on any route after Short Brack could be picking up traffic from a myriad of other side streets/main roads.

Someone local with a sat nav might want to try a couple of tests, pointing your sat nav to MacDonalds Buttermarket, or Hughes Electrical, or Short Brackland, and see what routes it suggests. We may get some clues as to what a potential driver was heading for, and whether they got sent to slightly the wrong place? I'm not sure how reliable using google street directions is, cos it may differ to TomTom's suggestions?

Still, if you try a "directions" from your home to Short Brackland, you can see it typically sends you in from the North roundabout and you bypass main CCTV system.

That said, Google directions DOES send you down a little road "Cadney Ln" and there does appear to be a Curry's Service Centre with private CCTV attached to it, and that would be a good CCTV to check. Mind you... it's got a telegraph pole in front of the camera that MIGHT be looking at Cadney Ln (the cam on left side of building, not the one on front of it that appears to be looking at the doorway/path). And again they could just be dummy cctv cameras (they certainly look like dummies). Would be good to find out if Curry's Service Centre (or whatever it is now) turned over their CCTV footage, cos a car coming down Cadney Ln around 3.15am is potentially the vehicle that picked up Corrie!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.2...4!1sFYGs5mneqkDTRpyjVsZT3g!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

I rarely take my car into town, certainly not the very centre, usually park behind the bus station. However, local knowledge & AA route planner says:

Hughes (Brentgovel St) would be via St Andrews Street North or Risbygate, depending on where the driver was coming from, leaving by following Brentgovel round to the left where it becomes St John's Street.

Short Brackland: Northgate Street and Looms Lane.

McDonalds, Buttermarket: again, Northgate Street and Looms Lane, which would bring you up the side. However, if you wanted to get to the market square parking near the front of McDs I'm not sure what time they close off roads for the market. To get to the square ordinarily is a lot of faff round side roads.

I think I mentioned several threads ago, or maybe it was a different case I posted on, this happened to my friend's older brother about 40 years ago. He went for a night out and went missing. In this case his body was found first, in the canal. The police then conducted some investigations and almost the exact same scenario you mention. His footprints were found in mud right at the edge of the canal facing forward, and it's assumed he'd gone for a pee, lost his balance and fell in the water. He'd walked about 5 feet away from the towpath to the edge of the canal.

How strange... the person I knew died about 15yrs ago. I remember his mother was distraught. She was never the same again, I can understand why.

How strange... the person I knew died about 15yrs ago. I remember his mother was distraught. She was never the same again, I can understand why.

My friend's mum and dad ended up getting divorced, the devastation to the family was too much to bear. I was young and it was so long ago I don't really remember the details but I think he was missing for about 6 weeks. He was 19.

So for me, I know this does create bias when a case is a young man missing after a night out. If there's no evidence of violence or other crime I immediately start to wonder about rivers, lakes, canals on their route home. It happens so frequently and it's just too tragic that young men are losing their lives in this way - it was happening in the mid 1970s and it's still happening now. Awful.

Back to Corrie, I've been all over the place with theories. I still think that someone may have given him a lift, either intentionally to BM area or by mistake ie confusion between Honington camp and Mildenhall base, and something possibly water related happened after he got out of the car.

All the routes I've looked at so far on various apps, Tom Toms and Satnav seem to offer the same route in and out of Shortbrackland. The only difference between them appears to be the roundabout to which the A1101 leads from.
The 'wrong way/one way' witness sticks in my mind. Could this be Canon Street on the return journey?

17cfb3d411184f1b7399a0169210a68a.png
8d2d000e5959f7b4aedbb37719fb805a.jpg
ac53eea9d21481c63fad0f0c27e34606.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Again, we have to question the mechanics of the Parkour sport. Earlier, we were discussing how Corrie could/couldn't get in or out of a bin whilst drunk. It's good to discuss things like this. To disregard even the most unlikely of possible events is to be irresponsible in my mind.
That said, Parkour isn't even on the list for me.

Was there some doubt as to which recycling site was used as I've just seen this on the Bury Free Press site about the reopening/revamping of the Mildenhall site

http://www.buryfreepress.co.uk/news/mildenhall-recycling-centre-s-revamp-is-finished-1-7733429

This is a household waste recycling site, for use by residents and small local businesses. It does not receive any commercial waste from big operators so even if the phone/Corrie was in a bin it/he would not have gone here.

Red Herring.

Just been fine tuning some t/s/d equations. Regardless of the 'phone ping' data, put that to one side a moment.
Shortbrackland to BM roundabout is 13 miles. In order for a vehicle such as a car NOT to attract attention then it has to travel BELOW the speed limit but not too much as to make people wary of it. I think the A road out of BSE is a national speed limit road which would mean 60mph for cars etc (other vehicles may be different like HGVs).
I seem to remember that the phone signal matched the route of the bin lorry which travelled along the A1101? I could be wrong on that one but if you want to stay under the limit and the police radar you ain't gonna go along a NSL road. So I'm proposing that the alleged vehicle (no proof yet) went along the A1101 which could blend into the lower speed limit more easily.
At 25mph covering 13miles equates to 31 minutes. The 31 minutes is important in this equation. Is it possible to fit that into the timeframe for Corrie's conveyance without causing conflictions? If so, we may be able to work back from it and put some CCTV people in contention.

Perhaps its just me, and im by no means making any wild accusations. I've always found it a little odd how his family decided to stay in Barton Mills, and not in the centre of Bury where he was last seen?
They came out later to say they don't believe he went with his phone to BM ~ there's plenty of hotels, b&b's, pub hotels in bury, so why there?

I have also wondered for quite a while about the dual sim aspect - I find it hard to believe that a phone that can generate two different IMEI numbers could not be used after the sim we know of lost contact with the mast in BM that morning.
I was sure that since the phone was a contract, if another (Also) contract sim had been introduced, it would have been picked up by police already. Although I note earlier from a source that the phone was not in corrie's name.
..just food for thought.

<modsnip>

I know that some difficult questions are asked, but can i ask why AWOL is such an elephant in the room?
I understand he had a puppy..that he wasn't allowed to have. I wondered who would look after the puppy had he been called for deployment? the RAF services move quicker than the other forces, and can be gone in under an hour? I asusme that would be a big task for another Sqdn member, since they too could be called up..so was there someone within an hours drive of bury that he would trust with his beloved puppy? surely if this is the reason that Corrie would not go AWOL, then he wouldn't leave his puppy in his room for weeks/months on end while he was overseas?

I can understand that it would be a hard thing to accept that someone you love has possibly decided hes had enough, and this is a lot of heartbreak ~ but we have very little clues and knowledge as to who he was as a person, or what his life was like.

There is always changes in story, timeline, who he was with/not with, where he parked, didnt park - these are things that should have been fact (CCTV and eye witness from pubs and clubs. And police recovery of the vehichle)
Just some things ive thought of over the last 12 weeks..

Perhaps its just me, and im by no means making any wild accusations. I've always found it a little odd how his family decided to stay in Barton Mills, and not in the centre of Bury where he was last seen?
They came out later to say they don't believe he went with his phone to BM ~ there's plenty of hotels, b&b's, pub hotels in bury, so why there?

I have also wondered for quite a while about the dual sim aspect - I find it hard to believe that a phone that can generate two different IMEI numbers could not be used after the sim we know of lost contact with the mast in BM that morning.
I was sure that since the phone was a contract, if another (Also) contract sim had been introduced, it would have been picked up by police already. Although I note earlier from a source that the phone was not in corrie's name.
..just food for thought.

<modsnip>

I know that some difficult questions are asked, but can i ask why AWOL is such an elephant in the room?
I understand he had a puppy..that he wasn't allowed to have. I wondered who would look after the puppy had he been called for deployment? the RAF services move quicker than the other forces, and can be gone in under an hour? I asusme that would be a big task for another Sqdn member, since they too could be called up..so was there someone within an hours drive of bury that he would trust with his beloved puppy? surely if this is the reason that Corrie would not go AWOL, then he wouldn't leave his puppy in his room for weeks/months on end while he was overseas?

I can understand that it would be a hard thing to accept that someone you love has possibly decided hes had enough, and this is a lot of heartbreak ~ but we have very little clues and knowledge as to who he was as a person, or what his life was like.

There is always changes in story, timeline, who he was with/not with, where he parked, didnt park - these are things that should have been fact (CCTV and eye witness from pubs and clubs. And police recovery of the vehichle)
I agree what information we do have keeps changing, it's as if they don't want the public to know even the basic facts, if it was my son missing I would be working with the public to try and find him not playing cat and mouse, my opinion,

..just food for thought.

<modsnip>

I'm sure I read he was allowed a dog. Ex military on here have said pets are allowed at the discretion of senior people

Perhaps its just me, and im by no means making any wild accusations. I've always found it a little odd how his family decided to stay in Barton Mills, and not in the centre of Bury where he was last seen? They came out later to say they don't believe he went with his phone to BM ~ there's plenty of hotels, b&b's, pub hotels in bury, so why there?
Whilst I don't feel they should need to explain where they are staying to anyone I would suggest perhaps they got a really good deal or an offer of free accommodation in Barton Mills.

I've not bothered arguing with anyone about it because everyone is entitled to their opinion but it does really irritate me when people say they believe he is AWOL. I just can't see how he could choose to go AWOL after a night on the town. I honestly don't think he has the mental capability of doing it, based on his social media etc he seems to be a happy go lucky bloke and not hugely smart to me - Corrie reminds me of a friend of mine who is so lovely but quite frankly I wouldn't want him to join my team in a pub quiz. It would really take someone very cunning to pull off completely vanishing from a town centre flawlessly.

Do you personally know Corrie? If not i'd suggest asking yourself some questions before you decide to become irritated by a question that doesn't conform to certain ideas.
Was he that drunk? unless you followed someone from bar to bar, nobody knows how much he drank. So i'd like to throw some doubt on the idea he was "too drunk" to do it after a night out.
If the goings on of that night were normal, then was it normal for him to be left behind? normal to committ an offence by sitting in the car drunk?
then normal to go from bar to bar looking for his friends, to which we're not even sure he found?
and then normal to sleep in a doorway, and meander along a dark, empty street in the early hours?
for me this does not exactly portray the image of a happy go lucky, well liked lad..but perhaps my definition of happy and well liked differs massively to others..
I dont know how far back, or what social media you have gone through, but there were many indicators to me personally that suggested unhappiness/seclusion.

On the front of "flawless" - we still dont know how he left the area, the given answer currently is in a vehichle, i wouldnt exactly call it MI5 based skill to arrange a lift from somewhere and get in a car, and go from there.
There was 48 hours before he was reported missing on the monday, if you consider the AWOL route (no matter how much you may not agree), the assumption has been he bolted from the Suffolk area that night, again, i don't know how anyone can say this was the case.

Im all for all and every option, however with no crime scene, DNA, clothes, etc, i find it hard to put together the idea that he was involved in an accident, again on the drug front ~ how many low level drug dealers (and thats what you're talking about being on the street at 3am ,i HIGHLY doubt you're talking of the distro's..) would bother to conceal anything this well? simply punch or a smack over the head would do..these are disgusting people, you're not talking about someone that'd go through the effort IMO to hide him.

..just food for thought.

<modsnip>

I also noted the phone didn't belong to him. I wonder how long he'd been using that particular phone for?

I have found many many things odd. Too many to write down to be honest

Just been fine tuning some t/s/d equations. Regardless of the 'phone ping' data, put that to one side a moment.
Shortbrackland to BM roundabout is 13 miles. In order for a vehicle such as a car NOT to attract attention then it has to travel BELOW the speed limit but not too much as to make people wary of it. I think the A road out of BSE is a national speed limit road which would mean 60mph for cars etc (other vehicles may be different like HGVs).
I seem to remember that the phone signal matched the route of the bin lorry which travelled along the A1101? I could be wrong on that one but if you want to stay under the limit and the police radar you ain't gonna go along a NSL road. So I'm proposing that the alleged vehicle (no proof yet) went along the A1101 which could blend into the lower speed limit more easily.
At 25mph covering 13miles equates to 31 minutes. The 31 minutes is important in this equation. Is it possible to fit that into the timeframe for Corrie's conveyance without causing conflictions? If so, we may be able to work back from it and put some CCTV people in contention.

Some threads ago a lady posted on here who commutes on the A1101. From memory I think she took 15 minutes to do 6 miles at 6.30 a.m. so 24 mph. I compared it to a similar rural journey I make of 8 miles in 20 minutes. Between mast pings would be 6 miles so 15- 20 minutes imo. 04.30 at mildenhall less 3.30 possible departure from SB could suggest walk/jog and hitching or taxi ( unlicensed?) Or vehicle all the way with stop at tesco 24 hour en route. The 3.30 or earlier departure would have to be correct or people would have seen him after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona