UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably because central BSE is where he was likely picked up and has the potential to harvest more information given its population density compared to BM. I can't imagine there would be many people about that way at 4:30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You'd think so wouldn't you but all those people around at 3.30 but no sightings? I wonder about that.

GB there's no cctv in the loading bay/bin area itself and the camera that picked him up going in rotates I understand 5 positions every 30 secs so that's only a 20% chance of being seen. He was luckily seen going in but camera must have been pointing away when he left either on foot or in a vehicle IMO.

Early on, we were led to believe that the Grape's footage was the last sighting of him at 3:20hrs. Then somebody posted that this footage was actually at 1:20hrs.

Where has it been said the Grapes footage was 3:20? I have only ever seen 1:20. Think you are wrong here imo

Where has it been said the Grapes footage was 3:20? I have only ever seen 1:20. Think you are wrong here imo

Right at the start it was said for several days that the Grapes footage was the last time he was seen. There are many old links

If this was the app update you previously mentioned this does not necessarily mean it happened exactly at the mast entry point.
Correct.

The phone could have been stationary in the mast area since the 0430 point and updated due to an incoming app maybe asking "where are u" for example IMO.
The phone could have been stationary in the mast area...but it wasn't. As stated by the police. It was moving towards the BM/Mildenhall area. It's also stated that the phone was picked up by the BM mast at 0500. It's literally 6 minutes from the outer periphery footprint to the BM centre where the mast is located. Regardless whether it's central or periphery, if you subtract the stated 28 minutes travelling time from that the time is approx 0430.

65723ece8a2705016ac4042e99323f08.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GB there's no cctv in the loading bay/bin area itself and the camera that picked him up going in rotates I understand 5 positions every 30 secs so that's only a 20% chance of being seen. He was luckily seen going in but camera must have been pointing away when he left either on foot or in a vehicle IMO.
Agree. I was referring to poster saying suicide or awol was viable. I meant as he wasn't picked up on any other cctv in BSE and he is no longer in horseshoe then these are unlikely. Apologies for not articulating very well

Correct.

The phone could have been stationary in the mast area...but it wasn't. As stated by the police. It was moving towards the BM/Mildenhall area. It's also stated that the phone was picked up by the BM mast at 0500. It's literally 6 minutes from the outer periphery footprint to the BM centre where the mast is located. Regardless whether it's central or periphery, if you subtract the stated 28 minutes travelling time from that the time is approx 0430.

I'm not nearly knowledgable enough to pitch in on this debate but IMO the police and probably the family know exactly where the phone pings were and at what time. It doesn't make sense to me that the location of the phone would need to be determined by an app update of some sort. The phone would surely have been pinging as normal until the time it was switched off or more likely ran out of battery.

For whatever reason this isn't being made public and it's no wonder people have different interpretations of the limited info we do have

JMO

if the last ping was at 5am ware do thy get the 8am bit from? none of it adds up!

Could a 5 have been typed instead of an 8?

Is there a way of asking Nicola/Tony to clarify some of this information?

Hi Shiresleuth!

RSBM - Respectfully Snipped By Me (in other words, "I've read all of the post and am not being rude in cutting your post short, but just want to refer to/emphasise this part that I have left unsnipped and have quoted").

BBM - Bold/ed By Me - refers to bolding of text to make a point/discuss specifically etc.

I don't know if these are widely used outside of WS, I've never come across them elsewhere.
Thank you Dance and CJ.

Nicola confirmed 4.58am as the bm ping time ages ago but we can't use it. So it has been "Clarified"

In any case I think he must have left the horseshoe pretty quickly. I doubt he was hanging around in there. Opinion of course.

Shall we perhaps have a quick theory post, see where everyone's current opinions lie? As we aren't going to get any more clarification than we have on the phone.

Correct.

Doesn't that all depend on what speed you're travelling?

Agree. I was referring to poster saying suicide or awol was viable. I meant as he wasn't picked up on any other cctv in BSE and he is no longer in horseshoe then these are unlikely. Apologies for not articulating very well
I probably didnt follow the thread exactly. Lots of conversations on different subjects at the moment all interesting but mind numbing sometimes.

It would be a great help if we could clear the phone thing up, It clearly says that the phone last pined at 5am and then was ether switched off or the battery went flat, that makes me think that the phone did nothing after 5am, then we have 8am come in with no explanation , so I expect the police think 8 and the family think 5, in that case what is the reason for 8 being on the family page? we will just stick that in and confuse people a bit more! I'm well confused as it is now!

It would be a great help if we could clear the phone thing up, It clearly says that the phone last pined at 5am and then was ether switched off or the battery went flat, that makes me think that the fond did nothing after 5am, then we have 8pm come in with no explanation , so I expect the police think 8 and the family think 5, in that case what is the reason for 8 being on the family page? we will just stick that in and confuse people a bit more! I'm well confused as it is now!

Or that it's mobile network data was switched off, or it hit a black spot for a while and then was switched off, or ran out of battery. With the basic facts we have to our disposal it's my opinion that you can't tell much from the phone pings other than it was there at that particular time.

Nicola confirmed 4.58am as the bm ping time ages ago but we can't use it. So it has been "Clarified"

In any case I think he must have left the horseshoe pretty quickly. I doubt he was hanging around in there. Opinion of course.

Shall we perhaps have a quick theory post, see where everyone's current opinions lie? As we aren't going to get any more clarification than we have on the phone.

I don't know where to start with a quick poll at the mo. The last one overwhelmingly voted that Corrie was no longer with us, but then there seems to be a fair few people who like the AWOL theory.

I think we need to lay off the phone pings now, because a) the sources aren't 100% reliable, b) the pings aren't 100% definitive, and c) it is probably of no relevance anyway. The police, Nicola & Tony, and dad Martin have all said they think the phone went on the bin lorry, so whatever information they have (which we haven't) suggests to me they're all in agreement that that's what happened. Personally, I wonder if he is still with his phone and wish there'd be more searches of BMills but than I'm not party to all the information and since it's the ONE thing the family and police agree on I am inclined to trust it.

That said, it's a great shame more effort wasn't made to find the phone, I think it would prove very useful to see which apps Corrie used and whether contact was made that night, but what's done is done I guess. At this stage all we can do is wait for some new news to be released. I don't want to sound negative but we could spend another 6 weeks discussing the same old same old.

...round and round and round it goes, where it stops nobody knows....

I think she is confusing the hello ping with the app update time. On her website and the police statement they are both 0430 at BM so no conflict. The 0458 is the app update and the 0800 isthe goodbye ping / battery disconnect at BM. I think the 0500 is a mistake which is not mentioned by any other source AFAIK which has then been repeated incorrectly. In this instance we should go back to the original data which is the LE source of 0430 at BM especially if we are extrapolating other data from it for theory purposes. Thats my opinion and theory.

Just a quick bit of info on the phone pings and why in my opinion they aren't particularly useful;

https://www.quora.com/How-often-does-a-Cell-phone-ping-the-towers

So basically, dependant on your handset and it's settings you can be invisible when idle. You won't ping a mast unless you exit a last area and enter a new one or send or receive data. With smart phones there can be an open connection - I imagine this is probably apps that have location services on or is constantly updating - so therefore without knowing what was on Corries phone and how they were set up you don't know if Corries phone pinged Bury mast at 04:30 then stayed inactive until 04:58. This means someone in a car could have driven at 100mph and then stopped for a while before entering the BM mast area. It could be that Corries phone pinged regularly or constantly on the way therefore the police would have more information as to whether there were stops on the way. Suffice to say it doesn't really answer any questions, in fact it probably asks more.

Add into the equation the possibility it could have been switched off, had its data turned off, hit a black spot somewhere and lost signal for a while or just ran out of battery and it becomes a mine field.

It's probably why the police weren't willing to waste resources emptying landfill sites and chasing rubbish across the country as it very well may have been pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members