UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
many people around the country have number plates stolen each year, they find the same make and colour of car steal the plates and use them, they could have changed plates back to the original a few miles up the road, they just stick them on so easy to take of, maybe an easy AWOL exit with no trace,

It's more than that. The plates aren't usually stolen as in physically removed from the original vehicle, but duplicates made by an unscrupulous dealer. Unlike many countries, the physical issue of licence plates is not in the hands of the government; instead they have authorised motor dealers, garages and a number of other businesses to do this on their behalf. You can also get them from the internet, effectively no questions asked.

Cloned plates are usually fitted to a vehicle and left there on a fairly longterm basis by those who want to fill and run from petrol stations or speed without being caught. Such vehicles are usually untaxed (because the tax has been paid by the original vehicle legitmately using those plates) and uninsured.

However cloned plates can be applied and discarded for a one-off job. If one of the vehicles under investigation had fallen into this category it would suggest there was intent to commit a serious crime all along.

Or they denied seeing him. If he wasn't seen on CCTV getting into their vehicle or in it as it travelled past cameras, a simple denial would leave the police with nowhere to go.
I'm not even sure that they can search the vehicle without probable cause if the owner withheld permission.
imo the police know which vehicle he likely left in and are hoping for evidence to come to light which corroborates this so they can demand a forensic search

Exactly. I was just discussing this with my partner. If the police have no evidence of him being seen in the vehicle they cannot get a warrant to search or question. Only as a potential witness. This is why they are desperate for individuals in the area to come forward to say, yes we see him in that car that night.

It would be interesting to see if any vehicles where found burnt out in the weeks after Corrie disappeared. Ones in the local area. Does anyone know of any?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. I was just discussing this with my partner. If the police have no evidence of him being seen in the vehicle they cannot get a warrant to search or question. Only as a potential witness. This is why they are desperate for individuals in the area to come forward to say, yes we see him in that car that night.

It would be interesting to see if any vehicles where found burnt out in the weeks after Corrie disappeared. Ones in the local area. Does anyone know of any?

There was this one in North Suffolk on 29th October, which had a body in it (man in his 80s).

I reported one I saw in the Norwich area. Not that close but then the vehicle could have gone anywhere

Is anyone else veering more towards the AWOL theory now as no-one has come forward with any info for the reward money?

Surely you would be veering away from the AWL theory because no one has come forward? If it was one person who had ill intentions they aren't likely to shop themselves for a reward. If someone was harbouring him then it's more likely they'd shop him for the reward

Surely you would be veering away from the AWL theory because no one has come forward? If it was one person who had ill intentions they aren't likely to shop themselves for a reward. If someone was harbouring him then it's more likely they'd shop him for the reward

Good point but on the flip side they may not need the money or have deep loyalty.

What is the evidence that Corrie was separated from his phone and went with the bin lorry? Is it just the pings? The ping at 0500 could have just been a one off as it touched the mast briefly couldn't it? Have adjacent mast areas been checked eg Thetford or Ipswich? I'm sure they must have but I have seen no mention of it. Re the 4 vehicles, we have bin lorry, bike, blue car and one other (the van?) based on info released and cctv excluding the silver car. The problem must be that no cctv or evidence exists of Corrie getting in a vehicle. If that is the case what is the next step? Could he have travelled by bus or train for example? Without further info of who he usually spent his weekends with then there is little to go on ATM.

I kinda agree with some of your theory.

Pulling one of my old posts from previous threads. I still stand by this theory. Coming in at a close possible 2nd is something more simple... is it possible that Corrie came to danger alone? Trying to walk through an area of forest etc? Is this why no one has come forward with such a substantial reward? Because no one has any idea what happened him?

I definitely do not believe he has went AWOL for a second.

UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #10

Reposting quote from thread 9 as I have nothing more to add

UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #9

After all this time we are all still going through the what if's, I'm baffled as to how there can be so little evidence of anything in 2016, however, no matter what I read I still stand by my original theory.

Corrie is an outgoing, young, fun lad who seemed, judging by what we have seen, loved to have a good time. His behaviour that night doesn't strike me as odd until we get to the point where he ordered a LOT of food & decided to sit in a doorway to eat it instead of taking up the offer of a free lift home, im also still confused as to how he only appears to be holding a chip tray whilst walking past the grapes pub and there's no sign of a kebab and 2 burgers? Anyway, he stayed in town that night for a reason, that's for sure.

Sending a picture of himself at 3.08am and dandering down to a discreet area looking as though he is looking for someone... it HAS to be an arranged meet, there is no other real option there.

I'm still with Grindr (that's why after spending so long in the main area that he walked to the horseshoe area, let's face it, he was well known, if I was meeting someone I shouldn't be I would meet them somewhere where I wouldn't be seen meeting them), I truly believe something has went drastically wrong on the road outside of bury, looking at the maps I am suggesting tetford forest as the area, if I were the police, thats where I would be spending my time searching.

Regarding the bins, we had the same bins in work, we always kept them locked so other people couldn't fill them... they were most likely locked. The fella just spent ages sleeping in the doorway, a fresh crisp breeze round him after he woke, very doubtful he would climb into a bin for a snooze. Not too many roads in and out of bury and I think it's just coincidence that the phone was pinging in the general area off masts at the same sort of time.

In my opinion, this could have even been a sex game gone wrong... if he met with another man who maybe wasn't outted as gay either then the man that picked him up most likely not only has his freedom to lose but face too.

Sorry guys, don't buy that he was hit by a lorry, no traces of any evidence of any accident plus, he was drunk but he certainly wasn't blind or deaf.

I donated to the just giving page, I wouldn't be miffed if he turns up AWOL even though I donated money to help him, that money will be used for charity if he is found safe and sound

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...d=730&share_type=t&share_pid=13000299

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_fid=730&share_type=t&share_pid=13001587

I find it odd also that he was never reported AWOL as when your in the military and dont turn up for duty you are reported AWOL before you can be reported MISSING.

Also Corrie is not reported MISSING on any of the missing persons websites.

I have a feeling that the direction of travel of Corries phone may indicate a lift with an American Soldier?

The only other avenue is the back of the properties themselves in thebin area. Early on there was mention of vacant premises. I remember it being mentioned that it used to be a fish and chip shop. Presumably that has been searched inside. I am wondering about the two people at 3.26 walking towards the bin area unidentified. Could they be greggs staff as they would open early for baking and deliveries and the timing makes them the closest witnesses timewise? Everything needs to be revisited TBH.

Ok what if Corrie went into the horseshoe area for drugs. The drug dealers may have had false number plates on the car, maybe that's why it hasn't been identified yet. Corrie could have asked for a lift, maybe he took one of the bad pills that the poor man died of at the rave. It's just a theory. Or maybe Corrie has gone AWOL because he knows something about the tragic death of this man at the rave. Maybe he left the horseshoe area with the drug pushers, stayed at their place and knows too much about them and the tragic incident in Thetford Forest on Saturday night so has disappeared.
Feel really bad even writing these theories down especially if it's ridiculous and Corrie was and has never been a drug taker, but I suppose every possibility should be explored [emoji51][emoji15]

If all 4 vehicles have been positively identified I think it's same to assume the police know where they are (if not crushed) and who they belong to. As others have said they may struggle to get permission to search forensically plus they left it a while to find them, evidence could have been thoroughly cleaned away. Lack of DNA doesn't mean anything. There are lots of cases where the police know exactly what's happened but have insufficient evidence (much like in my opinion terry mcspadden)

What is the evidence that Corrie was separated from his phone and went with the bin lorry? Is it just the pings? The ping at 0500 could have just been a one off as it touched the mast briefly couldn't it? Have adjacent mast areas been checked eg Thetford or Ipswich? I'm sure they must have but I have seen no mention of it. Re the 4 vehicles, we have bin lorry, bike, blue car and one other (the van?) based on info released and cctv excluding the silver car. The problem must be that no cctv or evidence exists of Corrie getting in a vehicle. If that is the case what is the next step? Could he have travelled by bus or train for example? Without further info of who he usually spent his weekends with then there is little to go on ATM.

IMO we haven't necessarily seen any cctv of the 4 vehicles being investigated. If they used the back roads to/from the horseshoe they won't be anything seen on Brentgovel or St John's Street.

Ok what if Corrie went into the horseshoe area for drugs. The drug dealers may have had false number plates on the car, maybe that's why it hasn't been identified yet. Corrie could have asked for a lift, maybe he took one of the bad pills that the poor man died of at the rave. It's just a theory. Or maybe Corrie has gone AWOL because he knows something about the tragic death of this man at the rave. Maybe he left the horseshoe area with the drug pushers, stayed at their place and knows too much about them and the tragic incident in Thetford Forest on Saturday night so has disappeared.
Feel really bad even writing these theories down especially if it's ridiculous and Corrie was and has never been a drug taker, but I suppose every possibility should be explored [emoji51][emoji15]

I doubt with Nicola & Tony's backgrounds that Corrie would go AWOL over bad drugs rather than find a way to contact the authorities.

Also, it leaves a massive time gap as the man from the rave didnt die until a couple of days later. Plus there's Corrie's car left in town and his dog left on base.

I think your theory should be explored. It has been briefly touched on but we now have the angle of the rave which I believe was the Friday and Saturday. These often begin on the Friday and run the whole weekend and often police can do little. I have direct experience of this. Ravers were on one of our fields for the whole of a bank holiday weekend and the police did nothing. ( that was not in Suffolk BTW) This young man died two days after the rave itself and it was reported that he died on the 25th Sept. JMO

I would think that nipping over to Short Brackland when the Greenwoods camera is turned toward the front of Greggs is the most likely place for Corrie to get into a car. The horseshoe is well lit and plenty of people walking past, but not so many people will be looking left down SB as they pass the horseshoe, at least not further than about 25 yards, and if someone was getting into a car down there it wouldn't be as well noticed as in the actual horseshoe?

I would think that nipping over to Short Brackland when the Greenwoods camera is turned toward the front of Greggs is the most likely place for Corrie to get into a car. The horseshoe is well lit and plenty of people walking past, but not so many people will be looking left down SB as they pass the horseshoe, at least not further than about 25 yards, and if someone was getting into a car down there it wouldn't be as well noticed as in the actual horseshoe?

It looks lithe the ShortB camera is indeed in the car park behind the Cornhill centre. So how many metres have we got from the bin to there, in which Corrie could have got into a vehicle? There is a "black hole" of space which he could have disappeared from, off camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500