UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Temperature actually jumped up on Sat 24th, it was a very warm day and a mild night. Leaves were still on trees and not dropping (as is evident in the 2nd CCTV footage, also in the 'identity' footage, the final shot, which shows the ground below a giant tree, is void of leaves). Typically leaves start dropping early-mid Oct.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/bury-st-edmunds/ip33-1/september-weather/325689

If 10 degrees is the actual low, it might be a bit nippy to you and me, but probably nothing to a military trained person.

What's the golden rule of nefarious acts, ie murdering someone - do it alone and don't tell anyone. In my mind there is only one other person involved. And if they've managed to do something nefarious like murder and hide the body, they're some kind of pro. If he was alive and AWOL he would surely be picked up by interpol or whatnot at airport security, and, considering the reach of the internet, be ratted out by someone (even a foreigner) if he was spotted elsewhere.

It looks like this thread is losing traction... I haven't been keeping up fully lately sorry, but, was it ever properly disclosed:

1. Why his RAF mates chose not to be around him this night unlike all other nights where they've hung out together?

^ this would surely answer some of the reasons for his actions post-Flex?

2. Why the running man was running? (cos he wasn't running to a bus or taxi rank of any kind, comparing his route to google maps)

^ this may indicate why Corrie also ran up the alley?

He didn't run! It's a misconception that gets repeated over and over.

Running man might have been late to meet someone, for all we know.

He didn't run! It's a misconception that gets repeated over and over.

Running man might have been late to meet someone, for all we know.

IMO Corrie was jogging. I have watched it over and over and there is no evidence of a trip.

Well what he didn't do is walk, especially walk casually.

So jog, run, etc. No need to be pedantic... <modsnip>

i agree with every scenario you have written, but why inside a car? have you not looked at the area between bury and thetford and seen all the remote locations? honington to lakenheath you get dozens more. whatever direction there are remote places

Hi earthspirit,
we've looked at all options which is why we are ten threads in and still no satisfactory conclusion. We seem to have made headway though in that he left in a vehicle (see votes earlier).
We seem to be now basing his last known position on the phone updates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If Corrie's body was taken by car somewhere, and it was only one person, then surely they can't drag a body too far into the woods? That's assuming they could get it into a car...I assume that would be possible if it was done within an hour of death? Say a fireman's lift into the car and then dragging through a few feet of forest at the other end of the journey.

I did have a look just now on google maps to look for roads within the 5k radius that were country roads and no houses too close and had decent forest at the side of the road. There don't seem to be too many spots that fit the bill, and from what I've read I don't think Sulsar have searched any places like that yet.

How do men tend to 'bury' bodies in woods? Do they tend to leave them open and maybe camouflage with some armfuls of fallen leaves or dig a shallow grave?

Well, what I did with my wife....(sorry).

If you consider the Soham case, I think they were left in a ditch near the Lakenheath perimeter fence? Huntley then went back the next day to set fire to the poor girls bodies to destroy the evidence? I believe it was a game keeper who found them?

Amonet, have a look at my car/building/forest theory I posted earlier.

Has the idea been discussed that someone thought Corrie had access to items, as being an RAF medic - findcorrie.co.uk, not to say he was handing out or even partaking - but the other angle being friendly chat, I'm a medic etc turning and leading to pressure .. with raves and parties abound it seems, they thought he could get hold of something maybe?

Corrie was a gunner in the RAF Regiment. Medic was just an extra responsibility he was given with his unit, so prob a bit of extra training in treating wounds, administering painkillers, but he's not going to have easy access to drugs.

RSBM

I suppose that depends on what's available at the time. There would be no DIY stores open at that sort of time in the morning so you've got the choice of taking the body home with you and coming back later, dumping the body and coming back with a shovel or making do with what you have in the vehicle.
I can't remember what the weather was like back then but I can imagine the ground would be pretty hard, especially with tree roots everywhere.
But then again, had the leaves started to fall at that point? how much would actually be around to cover him with?

I think the temps were down to early teens (12C?) so not too cold. There were CCTV footage of people wearing shirts and shorts. The footage also showed trees in BSE with leaves on the trees and none on the ground.
Regardless, I would have thought woodland would be soggy and moist on the ground in September. Especially with a sandy base.

its interesting what you say about someone junior but up a rank. maybe there was some sort of crazy prank that went wrong. other people on the base are bound to be suspicious? they cant tell anyone because they arent sure what to be suspicious of. just a "KNOWING" so how can you get those people to come out and say who they suspect knows something?

I meant was Corrie's clubbing group a mixture of airmen and corporals, with the corporals knowing Corrie liked to wander off on his own and thinking that his behaviour was a laugh; Corrie's disappeared cos he's pulled again, nudge, wink. But not advising Corrie to be more responsible or flagging it up to someone to have a word.

I don't think it's a military prank because I just don't think your average airman could keep it quiet. It's amazing what you pick up on just wandering round your section for a chat or hearing what's discussed in the tea bar.

Well what he didn't do is walk, especially walk casually.

So jog, run, etc. No need to be pedantic... <modsnip>
Genuinely wasn't being pedantic. Nicola has pressed on people that a trip is missing from the video available to the public and that he wasn't jogging. So each time someone puts emphasis on the fact that he wasn't walking, I wince.

Wouldn't it be lovely if he walked back into his family's life tomorrow? Come on Corrie - where are you?

As I've said previously, I still think this is a hook up gone wrong, perhaps organised via a dating app. It did occur to me last night that he could have arranged an anonymous meet only to discover that it was somebody from the base (not all profiles have a face picture), and thereafter the person decided that Corrie would not be able to keep their secret.

After 3 months, I feel split between the certainty of belief from some posters that Corrie has gone awol vs what I perceive as a logic trail which screams to me not awol.

I don't see a hookup. I can imagine some kind of incident happening. When we have talked in these threads we've had a few posts about probabilities. It's rare for someone to go truly missing for three months. Things like sex attack murders are rare, even more so if you add in a male victim. Something that's not particularly uncommon is testosterone+high alcohol consumption = some kind of altercation/fight. If we were to look up the Friday night/Saturday morning A&E records we'd probably find the latter is high up on the list of reasons for visits in that period of time. Corrie doesn't appear 'violent' in what we've heard from people who came into contact with him that night, but they do say he had a lot of alcohol in him, and military guys are very high testosterone individuals (usually). There will be a lot of individuals around a town centre in the same situation, and it's not unlikely for them to come into contact.

The strange thing is that we don't see anything happening on CCTV. That suggests to me that either something happened in the horseshoe or that Corrie entered a car or a nearby building.

A lot has been made of the phone pings. But I think the phone pings don't take off for BM until about an hour after the 3.24 footage? There's an assertion that Corrie was offered a lift to BM/Mildenhall by the USAF guy when they were both in the pizza place getting takeout, and Corrie turned it down because he wasn't headed in that direction. Corrie's car was in BSE. Corrie was in BSE. We have no evidence of him calling a taxi. He's not seen on CCTV heading out of town to walk back to base. None of the people driving on those roads have come forward to say they saw a guy in light coloured clothing walking down the side of the road and maybe thumbing a lift, which would be noticeable and rememberable compared to someone walking around town when the clubs close. There's nothing to suggest that Corrie was intending to either walk back to base or go to BM. Maybe there's a reason for that...he wasn't intending to do either.

What Corrie's plans were, and what ultimately happened may be connected. Or maybe something happened that broke his plans. And that's where we're stuck. I do believe someone must know something. If Corrie's awol then surely someone is giving him somewhere to stay. If Corrie had contact with anyone after 3.24, they either don't know they have to come forward (as USAF guy earlier) or they're choosing not to, and that choice should only be if they are trying to protect Corrie, or protect themselves because they feel complicit in something that happened that night that led to Corrie's death.

On a topic that's not a very pleasant one to consider, I do think it's going to be easier to move a body before rigor mortis fully sets in. So that first hour after 3.24 until when the phone takes off toward BM I think is critical. I could be 100% wrong, but I fear that journey was moving Corrie's body out of BSE and somehow someone picked a spot that is hidden enough from locals walking by and which hasn't yet been searched.

Admin question: other Facebook.pages may pop up regarding Corrie. Are we able to comment on them ?

Wouldn't it be lovely if he walked back into his family's life tomorrow? Come on Corrie - where are you?

Haven't we all hoped for that every day since we learned about Corrie? But tomorrow especially would be a perfect day for that to happen!

Even if it's just a phone call or a message from an internet cafe. Even if it's someone who he's been staying with and they want to do it anonymously to protect their friend, just some kind of message and evidence that he's okay. There would be so many cheers if that was to happen!

Totally. It is devastating when you think about the human side to it all.

Well said.

I've not been on this site long - and just joined for Corrie's case as I can give certain insights - and whilst there's some out-there theories and we occasionally have a laugh, we're here with the same purpose.

I've also read some sad experiences written in this thread and it's very humbling to see how people have coped with such tough times.

Fellow sleuthers, thinking of you this Christmas. Regards to all

Happy Christmas Eve friends :) sadly I was awake at 3.05am this morning thinking about that boy and how anyone could be so cruel and not just give the family some peace and let them know were there boy is......... <modsnip>

Sorry Greater Than :( i wont even try and explain my reason was more worried and would never have posted what i was sent was only enquiry sorry again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea