UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too am beginning to think that he wasperhaps the victim of someone lifting his possessions when he nodded back off after 3.08. He dozed for another 15 minutes, woke and didn't have his stuff. I think thats why we are not seeing the doorway footage and the teens are the missing link between that doorway and the bin lorry. I do not think they had anything to do with his disappearance however but the loss of his stuff could have contributed. Could explain the hands in pockets and bemused/confused demeanour at 03.25. Edit. Like he is thinking "where the frick is my phone? It was in my pocket ......"

The reason I don't think happened is that it needs the police to be lying to Nicola in telling her that the stop in the doorway is covered by CCTV and saying she could see the footage when resources permit. I agree that it's not at all believable for the police to say they don't have the resources to put the footage on a disc (there must be an other reason they don't want her to see it) but IMO they have no reason to lie about whether the footage exists. They aren't responisble for CCTV coverage, I don't see what they would have to gain by pretending it exists if it doesn't.

The reason I don't think happened is that it needs the police to be lying to Nicola in telling her that the stop in the doorway is covered by CCTV and saying she could see the footage when resources permit. I agree that it's not at all believable for the police to say they don't have the resources to put the footage on a disc (there must be an other reason they don't want her to see it) but IMO they have no reason to lie about whether the footage exists. They aren't responisble for CCTV coverage, I don't see what they would have to gain by pretending it exists if it doesn't.

I'm confused. Why wouldn't the cctv exist?

This would be easily resolved if she got the footage and could view it. How difficult would that be for the police fgs? Get it from the council then?

This would be easily resolved if she got the footage and could view it. How difficult would that be for the police fgs? Get it from the council then?

I'm sure they have the footage. Perhaps they are just trying to keep some things in-house, such as the identity of teenagers if they've been promised anonymity etc. The last thing the police would want to deal with is the teens being targeted/questioned by third parties, if they know for sure that they've nothing to do with the disappearance.

If this is the case, then we should pay very close attention to what Nicola chooses to focus on and what she appears to dismiss.

She may not be able to be explicit in what she says, but she would want our collective sleuthing to be projected in a pertinent direction.

At the moment, that appears to be focus 12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't you think that right back at the beginning the Police would have said "they suspected three teens of mugging Corrie and throwing his phone in the bin / bin lorry shortly before he disappeared" If that had been the case and they had seen it on CCTV. I don't know why you think the Police would hide basic facts that they know especially as they have already questioned the teens about the night and what they saw.

Don't you think that right back at the beginning the Police would have said "they suspected three teens of mugging Corrie and throwing his phone in the bin / bin lorry shortly before he disappeared" If that had been the case and they had seen it on CCTV. I don't know why you think the Police would hide basic facts that they know especially as they have already questioned the teens about the night and what they saw.
No because they were trying to get them to come forward for some weeks so of course they wouldn't say that. Also it was some time till the later H/s footage came out which could have been as a result of the info about them arguing. We're not privy to these things but if the teens were under 18 then it would explain why stuff wasn't said. N should see the footage and decide what she thinks is right. To do that she needs the footage. They can always blob out the id people anyway, we know they can do that.

Perhaps he was robbed while in that doorway asleep. The account says cctv saw him getting up and walking off. Maybe he had lost everything wallet keys phone and was looking for them trying to remember where he had been? It would explain a few things like why he didn't go back to car or get a taxi or contact anyone after 03.08. If he then told some dodgy person "I've lost my stuff" they could have got his trust and....I don't know. JMO.

Most likely in my opinion.

I think the Police have more of an idea as to what's happened than they are revealing. It can't be easy either with N being a cop. Things are always harder to investigate when a bobby or their family is involved. I've not known a misper have this much interest on such little fact either.

If he was hitching that person may have just been thru that once is not local and may even be a foreign driver heading to ferry for example. This has been suggested before.
Boarding for stena ferry from Harwich is advertised as 07.45 for saturday sep 2017 so would be similar last september I would think too.

I think the Police have more of an idea as to what's happened than they are revealing. It can't be easy either with N being a cop.

Totally agree. The police, hopefully, have something tangible to work off, and informing us may disrupt their investigations. I'm hoping for this to be the case.

I also think she's finding it extremely difficult trying to deal with the police and be a police woman at the same time.

If Corrie had been robbed whilst he slept in Hughes doorway this would have been stated by the Police, it would be a major part of the missing person enquiry, it would have been stated and a description of the robber or robbers would have been disclosed 11 weeks ago regardless.

If Corrie had been robbed whilst he slept in Hughes doorway this would have been stated by the Police, it would be a major part of the missing person enquiry, it would have been stated and a description of the robber or robbers would have been disclosed 11 weeks ago regardless.
It's a rotating camera so may not have it on camera but just the before and after and the person/people who "checked" on him. Now you see his phone now you don't sort of thing. So is obvious by its absence really IMO just speculating to accumulate some facts hopefully. Have to go back to thebeginning to check it all again.

It is a good point given he disappeared soon after Flex closed at 3 am. Someone might have just spotted him and decided to follow. Maybe the police should look at this like any other case and start with who would want to hurt him? Details from the bouncer might help. For that matter, take a look at his "friends" that night. And how did they clear the man who supposedly offered to give him a ride or share a cab. Really cannot pin down the story that involved a USAF member in the pizza joint. I have never seen anything other than they traced the man with the black tee down and after walking out with him they parted company. Nothing about what he did for a living. Someone that knew he was out on the street bouncing around drunk, might have gone looking for him after hours for any number of reasons.

All info surrounding pizza place seems vague and I've wondered why CM didn't sit in there and eat his meal but, decided to sit in a doorway to eat wonder if he was asked to leave there?

Corrie's belongings are all missing. AFAIK he could have been robbed in that doorway which inadvertently left him with no means to get home.

Corrie's belongings are all missing. AFAIK he could have been robbed in that doorway which inadvertently left him with no means to get home.

Corrie had sent a text when he woke so I'm guessing he wasn't robbed of anything as he still had his phone

This is my first posting on Websleuths. I am wondering if folks with access to all the videos have inspected the lighting and shadows around the Horseshoe. Corrie's shadow quite clearly stands out being cast by the light in the foreground of his last image. A dull light is projected on the ground behind him coming from the Horseshoe. A strange shadow is cast by the manhole cover by a light from above and more centre (Google Street View does not show the cover being so elevated). Then there's a light focussed on the ground in the back corner. Any light changing activity happening in the Horseshoe after Corrie walks in will be reflected on the ground in subsequent images. For example the opening of a door triggering a light, a car turning on lights. It will be a subtle change but stacking static images over time before and after should help detect any motion, even if on three minute spacings. With the video for thirty minutes before and after such a study of only the light cast on the ground would take maybe an hour and be telling of the level of activity and time.

This is my first posting on Websleuths. I am wondering if folks with access to all the videos have inspected the lighting and shadows around the Horseshoe. Corrie's shadow quite clearly stands out being cast by the light in the foreground of his last image. A dull light is projected on the ground behind him coming from the Horseshoe. A strange shadow is cast by the manhole cover by a light from above and more centre (Google Street View does not show the cover being so elevated). Then there's a light focussed on the ground in the back corner. Any light changing activity happening in the Horseshoe after Corrie walks in will be reflected on the ground in subsequent images. For example the opening of a door triggering a light, a car turning on lights. It will be a subtle change but stacking static images over time before and after should help detect any motion, even if on three minute spacings. With the video for thirty minutes before and after such a study of only the light cast on the ground would take maybe an hour and be telling of the level of activity and time.
Welcome aboard...

After watching the video several times, I don't understand the logic of his little skip or whatever it is at the start... To me it looks like he's just gotten away from someone after being pursued?

They must of examined the CCTV footage looking down where he's last seen. It depends of course if that is a moving or static camera where he's finally caught on.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

Corrie had sent a text when he woke so I'm guessing he wasn't robbed of anything as he still had his phone

There are questions flying about as to whether Corrie was robbed in the doorway of Hughes Electrical. I just don't see it myself. If he sent a picture message via social media and text message at 0308 then he was clearly compus mentus enough to punch his way out of a robbery thereafter. Also, leading up to 0308 it would appear he had his belongings on him surely. I wouldn't be sending an image to my mate if I'd have been robbed. I'd be sending a message saying 'I've just been robbed ffs!'.
It would take literally moments to walk from Hughes to the 'Horseshoe' area so add a few minutes for the picture image transactions and a few minutes to get up, tuck yourself in, clear your litter away, walk over the road, check your watch, realise you might be late, jog to the collection point, check the time (0324) and have time for a pee before your pick up. We could probably say he left Hughes doorway around 0322?
Seems simple to me. Defo not complicated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If this is the case, then we should pay very close attention to what Nicola chooses to focus on and what she appears to dismiss.

snipped.
i guess everyone visiting here has seen her 30th dec update, if not, here's part of it.

I had clarified this earlier. However I think it’s been lost in the sheer volume of comments on our Find Corrie 💙 Facebook Group.
To reiterate:
The lovely lady from THE FURNITURE MARKET it used to be the mill shop, has put a very comprehensive update on in relation to her property.
I can confirm that after I had brought concerns about possible cellars the police did exactly as is described below.
I am completely aware of this individual search. I am also aware as I have said previously that the police have carried out roof top observations. They have NOT however carried out a search in every building corrie could have gained access to. (They have done this in the horseshoe)
I would also like to confirm that the owner has been extremely helpful and if any single person feels I have implied in any way what so ever that shop owners or house owners have been obstructive in even the tiniest way. This is absolutely not the case.
If I have caused any distress or problems I apologise profusely.
I was trying to explain the area behind the premises as this is where corrie could have gained access to the roofs of all the properties in the area. I never ment to imply that you were not helping in every way possible. Again. I am very sorry x

the long statement by BIB is on the page

http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/2016/12/30/the-horseshoe-cctv-map-update-nicola-30th-december-2016/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member