UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all, it's been a while but I see you've kept busy, I can't possibly catch up with it all so forgive me if I repeat things.

I just watched This Morning and, as others have said, not much new except I didn't know he was out with 5 lads from base. Did they travel in one car or two?

Philip Schofield saying "From 3.24 am to around 4.30am the police were able to trace Corrie's mobile phone from Bury to Barton Mills."

Ping-pong is right!! What does that do for all the phone mapping?

When she teared up my heart broke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was the same. :(

I almost now feel that they do really think someone has kidnapped him and she was appealing to him. It all seems very structured - the words, the emotions, the video - structured to appeal to whoever has him or someone who they may have said something to.

I must admit I did think awol with family help but now I've seen that I really don't.

Morning all, it's been a while but I see you've kept busy, I can't possibly catch up with it all so forgive me if I repeat things.

I just watched This Morning and, as others have said, not much new except I didn't know he was out with 5 lads from base. Did they travel in one car or two?
Nic said two cars.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk

The 5 went in 2 cars, Corrie drove in himself.

I'm not sure if an interactive map of mobile (cell) phone masts has been posted, but I found one which is quite cool: https://fusiontables.google.com/DataSource?docid=1N4nf1AmXFDk-lbh9Y54jh2FwyudbX3O8-aVlzwZJ#map:id=3

Unforutnately, I wasn't able to link directly to the BSE area, but as it is based on Google Maps it's relatively easy to locate. The police said the phone was triangulated to the Micro Mass area next to / near the Barton Mills area. However, as you will see, there are a great many masts in that area.

My questions are:
- What causes a phone to ping a mast?
- Does a phone changing 'cells' cause the phone to ping? (A cell is considered a literal cell, like a honeycomb type configuration, hence where Cellnet - one of the UK's first mobile providers got its name)
- Was the phone picked up by any other masts thorughout the entire timeframe, corroborating CM's phone's movements?
- How is the data triangulated?
- Who can answer these questions?

Thoughts?

Adam.

9cee0a22ded42803e640d58304e3735e.jpg

I believe Corrie's phone to have been on the EE network. This is backed up by the statement that the phone 'hit' the Barton Mills (BM) mast which is a shared EE facility with another provider. There is also an EE mast a hundred yards from the 'Horseshoe'. Mast footprints aren't an exact science due to line of sight, trees, air density, electrical interference etc but a 3-5km area around a mast (depending on power output) is regarded as accepted in this case.

I also believe from the information I can gather, that a phone will be sucked from one mast to another when it's on its respective boundary. If a phone hasn't 'spoken' (via App updates for instance) to a mast for three minutes (such as battery exhaustion, switched off, disposal, water logged etc...) then the mast thinks the phone has done just that and disregards it until it's woken up again and transmitting.

There was a superb link posted a few Threads back about App updates being approximately every 20 seconds if I remember rightly?

JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On recent above posts....

-Surely they have experts in indentifying people on CCTV, surely they'd have at least suggested that could be Corrie if they were unsure or an an inkling?

-I assume his Mother has hope that Corrie is still alive as she wants to keep people interested. People get more involved in helping find him if there is still hope he's alive. She kinds of has to has as much belief he is alive for her own sanity too.

But then again she may come out and say something that is good reasoning for Corrie being alive - but I doubt it.

-If the Police are interested to know if anyone was around Tesco and Canon Street - then I guess that means they think it is possible to get out of that Horse-shoe area without being seen, possibly on foot?..... but surely if he's gone to Tesco then he's gone in a car.

If he's walked home - he wouldn't be able to see a thing. May have walked into one of those ditches that run along one or two of the roads around there. But you would think a grown man in the army would be able to get himself out of there and not die in a ditch.

To those saying the Cannon Street route is the best route home - how? - I don't see it. The closest main road to Honnington is a duel Carriageway - you can't walk down there. Though maybe he did and got ran over.....

Also that dual carriageway is the only clear road back to Honnington there.....the rest is countryside, and country lanes.

Best route back I see is - continue down the horseshoe towards Mustow Street and onto Eastgate Street....

But I thinking walking home is out of the question anyway.

My first image shows the camera footprints. The second image from the Suffolk Police website shows a person that still need identifying I believe? Isn't this proof enough that Corrie could have legged it past the Cornwalk and McDonalds? Even N said it wasn't him when she viewed it. How can she or anyone tell when presented with an image like that? If it was presented to her enhanced she may have had a different thought.

c02b2e90f64fafd31c3305e62a5ba18b.jpg
966dc64b08572bf1036fa5764e52a82e.jpg

cede9f6916fcef4da07e0cfb74b17bd8.jpg

Has anyone considered the possibility that his SIM card was removed and put in a different phone which went to BM mast area?

This has really got me thinking. I don't think it's been considered. Except to suggest a second sim be put in as it is a dual sim phone. If the sim was removed then the phone would turn off. Can it still be traced if turned off? I think it can. Can apps still update it? I don't know. If the phone was stolen and Sim removed could that sim be used/traced in another phone? Phone may then have been chucked in lorry sim less?

expect more info and info on progress in Tony Wringe's thing- forthcoming, presume via the findcorrie website?

Philip Schofield saying "From 3.24 am to around 4.30am the police were able to trace Corrie's mobile phone from Bury to Barton Mills."

Ping-pong is right!! What does that do for all the phone mapping?

Someone is DEFINATELY telling untruths in the system or trying to be discreet with information, economical with the truth, misinformed....call it what you will. I make no wonder we're 13+ Threads in and no further forward!
0324-around0430?!!
0149aa442b385170abef35f5d67f211f.jpg

ff298c6bc76ef20ba50b862d7e3184a4.jpg

Nope, this is the still of the person that people 'think' is the 'woman with a rucksack'.

Yes, that's the one I meant. Apologies - are people not looking at that and thinking it might be Corrie? I know the running man is being discussed a lot, but I thought this image too? I know it's not confirmed to be a woman, but it definitely looks like one, and I personally feel that it definitely isn't Corrie. I think there is an even clearer version of it than the one above.

:truce: White flag time!

what mph was it again - midsummer calculated it pages ago.
Also midsummer - what are the asterisks and diamonds on your map above.

there was also a pdf map with every camera on it but can't even find it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilyminx